Overall Satisfaction with Joomla!
As a self-employed IT consultant and web developer, Joomla! allows me to offer my customers an affordable yet very powerful and scalable solution. Our customers our mostly small and medium-sized businesses as well as other self-employed folks. Joomla! lets them have the privilege of having a solid, well maintained and professionnal web platform. The ease of updating and maintaining their own website is one of the biggest selling points. A website being in a constant 'work in progress' state, the multitude of extensions available allows me to answer 'YES!' even before my customers finish their 'Can we....do this, or do that?' questions pertaining to website functionality. Complex (configurable) enough for the developer and yet easy enough to teach a customer how to use an editor in the front end (as easy as using MS Word!) is just an awesome recipe where everybody wins! Like a good wine, Joomla! is definitely improving with age and this loyal developer is enjoying every sip.... Cheers !
- Functionality. Thousands of great extensions
- Ease of use for customers
- Price: can you beat free?
- Maybe just a bit more 'drag and drop' for editing purposes, especially in the front end for non-developers (clients).
- A little elbow grease never hurt anyone. I have always found a solution to anything I have needed....can't really say I've ever been really disappointed.
- Not really Joomla!'s doing, but some third party extension licences are all over the place. As a web developer, you have to be very careful when purchasing components, plugins etc. You may buy something incredible for a few bucks and be allowed to install on multiple domains or pay a fortune for something not as good and only licenced for 1 domain. You need to do your research very well before spending any money.
- Allows my small IT company make good money developing professional websites for small businesses.
- Small businesses and self-employed folks can afford to have a website as powerful and professional-looking as any big corporation.
- Open platform and community support means never being stuck at a developmental roadblock. All this without having to spend a bundle of money for what is now often 'outsourced' support.
Have tried WordPress a few times. Easy enough to use for the front end customer, but I didn't like the flexibility, or lack thereof, of module or content positioning. This was many years ago. Haven't looked back since discovering Joomla !
My whole business is built around the Joomla! platform. Again, powerful, professional, flexible, yet easy to use are the only words that come to mind and are worth repeating, as this is what clients want and need, and what this developer and the Joomla! community appreciate.