Overall Satisfaction with Jupyter Notebook
Jupyter Notebook is a really dynamic tool, currently used by the Engineering team at my company. The main focus of using it is to incorporate python programming while writing code to forecast sales. Jupyter gave me the flexibility of writing code in a line-by-line manner and help me see the output at each step.
- Simple and elegant code writing ability. Easier to understand the code that way.
- The ability to see the output after each step.
- The ability to use ton of library functions in Python.
- Easy-user friendly interface.
- The ability to use night mode background.
- The ability to select multiple lines of code to run and see the output.
- The ability to open .py extension file as well along with .ipynb
- Easy download and sharing Python programming files easily across teams.
- The libraries it hold helps a lot while building programs.
- The ability to visualize certain results and see the output right away rather than using some other visualization tool.
- Jupyter Notebook helped me write an efficient code which helped us understand and forecast our sales number.
- Jupyter Notebook is extremely cost effective for a small-medium organization.
- The ability to use different formats of data sources helped us save a lot of cost spent after data source conversion software.
I have used PyCharm as well as Jupyter Notebook and for me, Jupyter wins almost every time. I really like its user-friend interface for someone who is new to python programming. The ability to run a big chunk of code part by part is a big game-changer for me. One thing I would like is a night mode just like PyCharm as it helps the night owls like myself who work a big part during the night. I also like how Anaconda command prompt helps you download a library and just a simple import statement in the notebook helps you extract every functionality.
Do you think Jupyter Notebook delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Jupyter Notebook's feature set?
Did Jupyter Notebook live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Jupyter Notebook go as expected?
Would you buy Jupyter Notebook again?
I would rate it 9/10 while recommending Jupyter Notebook as it offers me a wide range of functionality to operate. It is very well suited for someone who is new to python programming as the user interface helps you build code line by line. I personally have written multiple programs in Python using Jupyter Notebook as it helps me organize long code by breaking it in a structure. Also the ability to write comments using '#' helps a lot to a reader understand the code.