KeepTruckin keeps us Truckin
July 20, 2021
KeepTruckin keeps us Truckin
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with KeepTruckin
We use KeepTruckin for our daily ELD and hours logging. We use it for our entire fleet of Satellite Trucks that travel all over the country covering live sporting events, news, corporate meetings, etc. For us, it addresses our need to switch to electronic logging due to a phase out of paper logs. It's given us a single pane of glass to view and administer driver hours and service details.
- Easy to understand user interface
- Easy to manage from a fleet manager's perspective, the ease of adding and administering drivers is simple and quick.
- Hardware is easy to install
- Customer support has been good for the small problems I've had.
- User interface is hard to manipulate for multiple days - I'll detail below.
- Occasionally a driver will forget to go "Off Duty" - and leave himself/herself "On-Duty, not driving" for multiple days (like over a weekend). It's so clunky to go in to each day and change the hours. It would be nice to have the ability to click multiple days and reset to "Off Duty".
- Personal Conveyance is used frequently in our environment, there should be a way to "lock" personal conveyance on until disabled, because when you make a mistake and accidentally log it as "On Duty - Driving" it cannot be modified. This has messed up a drivers ability to reset their driving/hours clock MANY times, and is something that needs to be addressed.
- Would be nice to have multiple screen views or customizable screen views. When using on a smartphone, sometimes the text is too small or not helpful when trying to get information at a glance (hours on duty, driving time, etc).
- I would like to see the terminal box itself be shrunk down so it can be mounted in a way that isn't so out in the open. Perhaps an option for a GPS antenna would be nice so it could be mounted behind/under the dash.
- I'd like to see an option for loading fleet documents (Other documents like insurance cards, IFTA, etc) so their in a digital form all in one place.
- Positive: No longer need to keep paper logs or log supplies
- Positive: Cost has been dramatically reduced for bookkeeping.
- Positive: Per minute logging - more efficient travel times.
- Positive: Improved DOT compliance.
- Positive: All drivers working under the same program.
Support has been good, however, the few times I've had to call in for support, it's either taken a long time to get someone to return a call, or the person on the other end doesn't seem to understand DOT rules and why we're having a problem with the logs. For example, I called about the aforementioned Personal Conveyance issues, an the person on the other end was like "Yeah, don't know how you can fix it, just going to have to deal with it". Seemed like a call center.
We've benefited by having a single pane of glass to see our fleets movements and administration. It's really simple.
Do you think Motive (previously KeepTruckin) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Motive (previously KeepTruckin)'s feature set?
Did Motive (previously KeepTruckin) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Motive (previously KeepTruckin) go as expected?
Would you buy Motive (previously KeepTruckin) again?
We had previously been using a free program called "Big Road" - we were not entirely happy, although a lot of the things I wish KeepTruckin has, BigRoad had... but the backend wasn't developed for management. I haven't went back to look to see if BigRoad is still applicable as you really need to have an ELD which wasn't an option.