A Tool Made for Big Budgets
October 27, 2015
A Tool Made for Big Budgets
Score 1 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Kenshoo Search
Kenshoo is being used across the paid search department by about a dozen people. We use to manage 250+ small, geo specific accounts.
- Kenshoo will provide monthly trainings. This will address current issues and training gaps. It takes place via webex.
- Kenshoo has a support ticket center to answer support questions.
- Kenshoo did come to our company to help us through the certification process.
- Kenshoo's budget management tool is not designed for small monthly budgets in competitive areas. The daily budget with adjust itself to be greater than your highest CPCs. If your bids are high with a small budget, it will over pace every month.
- If your bids are higher than your daily budget you are not able to make bulk changes using their tools. If you try, it will kick back the upload with errors, and it will not be completed. This is another example of why their tools are not designed for high bid clients with smaller budgets.
- We had several issues with turn over of account managers. Our first account manger was not well trained and provided bad advice/information. Due to the improper training, we incorrectly setup countless accounts. It was not until we received a new account manager were these issues addressed.
- Kenshoo's budget management over paced our accounts. This decreased our ROI because the months were front loaded, and it did not give us an opportunity to gain leads throughout the month.
- Prior to using Kenshoo we divided spend 80/20 between Google and Bing because it helped increase our conversion rate. Once switching to Kenshoo it not stick to the ratio, which decreased our monthly leads.
- If your tracking is setup properly there are bid strategies that can bid towards your desired ROI for the month once conversions are integrated.
While DoubleClick does not fully budget pace accounts I think it overall provides more accurate changes than Kenshoo. When our company selected Kenshoo we were told it would be able to manage hundreds of small accounts with small budgets. It is more designed for accounts that would be spending minimally thousands of dollars a month. We had extreme issues with Kenshoo budget pacing and increasing our bids. Overall it did not meet our needs, and we will be switching vendors at end of contract.
Kenshoo would be a good tool if your client has extremely high budgets with low CPCs. For small, geo-specific accounts the capabilities have not be built out. Therefore, the tool could not budget pace our 250+ accounts. The main reason we had chosen Kenshoo was because of its budget pacing capabilities. Unfortunately, it did not save us time and created additional budget pacing issues with over pacing our accounts.