Kenshoo Search saves me time and money!
December 18, 2014
Kenshoo Search saves me time and money!
Search Marketing Analyst
GazelleInternet, 51-200 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Kenshoo Search
Kenshoo Search is being used by our marketing team. Specifically, our Search Marketing Analyst uses it on a daily basis for campaign management, bid optimization, data analysis and reporting, etc. Our CMO and VP of Marketing also use it periodically to view data at a high level via the dashboard reports. Kenshoo Search helps automate bid optimization which allows our marketing team to spend more time on strategic planning. Also, I personally love its attribution model feature, which allows me to choose from 5 different models and analyze the differences in conversion data depending on the model (example: weighted first-click vs. weighted last-click).
- Kenshoo Search bid policies make bid optimization easy and automated. Optimizations are based off of sophisticated algorithms rather than simple bid rules (although Kenshoo Search also offers these). There are many different policies to choose from. Simply choose your type of goal (example: awareness vs. ROI), choose your metric, and assign to your campaign(s) and/or account.
- Kenshoo Search reporting offers a large selection of reporting templates that are easily exported to Microsoft Excel. In addition, they also offer dashboard reporting with a variety of different widgets that are easily customizable. This feature makes it extremely easy to view metrics that may normally require manual excel work.
- Kenshoo Search has a Desktop Editor tool similar to Google Adwords Editor that makes bulk optimizations easy and time efficient. This is a huge resource win for me and my team!
- Kenshoo could make more of an effort to offer strategic guidance for our specific account. It would be helpful to receive data analyses from Kenshoo-specific reports and account recommendations based off key learnings. I don't always have the bandwidth to do this myself. This is a weakness of the overall business and not the Kenshoo Search tool.
- Kenshoo Search doesn't make adding ad group level negative keywords as easy as I'd like it to be. If you have lots of ad groups within your campaigns, this can be a tedious task.
- Kenshoo Search can provide great campaign-level bid policies, but if you have many campaigns and need to make edits to your campaign-level policies, this can be a tedious task.
- Kenshoo Search was able to significantly increase our search marketing analyst's time management efficiency. By utilizing Kenshoo Search's bid policies, he was able to save 5+ hours per week that would have normally been spent on manual bid optimization.
- Kenshoo Search allowed us to better understand our conversion funnel from beginning to end. This helped us gather insights that we wouldn't have been able to attain without Kenshoo Search, make optimizations based off those learnings, and ultimately help improve ROI.
- Kenshoo Search has not always been fast to incorporate new features from Google Adwords and/or Microsoft BingAds into their services. I would consider these missed opportunities to improve ROI.
Kenshoo Search offers keyword bid policies based off of sophisticated algorithms rather than simple bid rules. Also, the Kenshoo Desktop Editor allows for extremely easy bulk optimizations. Marin Software doesn't have bid algorithms or an easy-to-use desktop tool. These are some of the reasons why our company chose Kenshoo Search over Marin Software.
Kenshoo Search offers a fair rate based off of media spend. They also offer a dedicated account team that we are able to meet with regularly and also have quarterly strategic in-person meetings with. When problems or bugs occur, they are always quick to respond and resolve the situation. Their team is always willing to go above and beyond for our business needs.
Kenshoo Search may not be appropriate if you don't spend much on search engine marketing. It also may not be appropriate if you don't care about tracking conversions and are only concerned with increasing awareness. Or, if you care about tracking conversions but don't expect to capture many, Kenshoo Search may not be necessary.