Big bang for your buck!
July 02, 2021
Big bang for your buck!
Score 8 out of 10
Power PDF Advanced
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
It is used across all departments to convert documents using Create and Convert Assistant, edit PDF documents, make comments in existing documents, create forms, set up DocuSign documents, secure documents for sending to client, compile documents, and create closing binders. It allows us to compile executed documents, making edits in PDF's where corrections are needed, and create closing binders for the clients. It is also used within the organization to distribute for HR and training materials.
- Kofax has an Audio Feature so that you can listen to your PDF.
- It has several features to allow for collaboration and making notes.
- You can easily edit a pdf, as if you were in Word.
- It doesn't have a PDF manual that you can download.
- The online manual is not easy to use nor does it always pull up the information you which you are seeking assistance.
- All the tabs are the same color. It would be much more user friendly to have tabs and ribbons with different colors.
- Since it is almost the same color as Word, it makes it more difficult to differentiate when you have several documents open.
Kofax Power PDF has many great features, but I don't find it as easy to use an Adobe Acrobat. Adobe is much more user friendly. due to the different features having different color tabs so it's easy to find the feature you need. Adobe allowed me to make edits in bills and statements I downloaded, which Kofax does not. For the price, Kofax is excellent. I have even bought it for home use.
In relation to buying it for home use, you must download and keep a copy on another computer or a thumb drive. If you change computers or your computer crashes, you cannot log into your account and download again.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF's feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF again?
The Create Assistant and Convert Assistant makes the job easy. Being able to make almost all the edits available Word on a PDF is extremely helpful, along with the comments and bookmark features. The Secure PDF features and creating portfolios are quite helpful when sending documents to clients. Converting a document into a form is made easy with Kofax, and provides a variety of options. Reading PDF Aloud is an awesome feature!
Kofax is well suited for converting a variety of documents, including e-mails into a PDF. It gives you the ability to edit most documents. There is an issue when you download bills and need to edit or make comments. In some instances, it will not allow you to even delete pages or make any comments or edits on the document.