Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
All the assistants at our firm use Kofax Power PDF Advanced in the newest version. There are a handful of attorneys that use older versions and our accounting department have older versions. It is the best (I did the testing of other programs) on converting PDFs to Word. Very easy to use.
- Conversion to Word.
- Reducing size.
- Converting to forms.
- Inserting language via typewriter mode.
- Easy insertion of footers for exhibit tagging.
- Printing to Power PDF for exhibits (like emails, etc.)
- Converting photos to PDF and combining into one document
- I cannot get my skin to stay purple (like nuance was). It looks too much like Word in the blue. (Still does not stick once I exit for the day.)
- Wish the comparing of PDFs could end up with more of a true track changes look.
- If there isn't one, a monthly "tips and tricks" email would be nice. I try to explore as much as I can, but, like all programs, there are a few different ways to do things and the quickest easiest way tips would be great!
- When you have a large PDF open for an extended time, sometimes pages after the one you are on disappear. I googled it and it appears Acrobat has the same issue.
- Time savings.
- Cost savings - ability to compare PDFs.
It is very user friendly. Also, have contacted help with questions and they are very helpful.
Adobe Acrobat and NCH.
I have contacted support and they went out of their way to help.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF's feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF again?
Conversion, redacting, footers for exhibit tagging, compare - just about everything! Converting (printing to Power PDF) photos for exhibits.
I have sampled other programs and Kofax/Nuance is hands down the best I have found. This is the best I have used and pretty user friendly.
Using Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
15 - Lawyers, assistants, accounting.
- Converting large PDFs to Word from year to year contract comparison
- Converting letters, etc. to PDF to send via email
- Comparing PDF to PDF if the Word conversion is not usable
- Easy redacting of confidential information
- Conversion of documents to forms
- Who knows! Still trying to fit in self exploration of product whenever possible
Again, best product I have found.
Evaluating Kofax Power PDF and Competitors
Yes - Acrobat
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Product features. Conversions are far better to others I have tried.
Not at all. I tried several others before settling on Nuance (now Kofax).
Kofax Power PDF Implementation
No. Easy install and implementation.
- Implemented in-house
Change management was minimal - None.
- Assistants lack of knowledge when downloading product
Kofax Power PDF Training
Configuring Kofax Power PDF
N/A Not really sure what this is asking.
Again - not sure
No - the product does not support adding custom code
Kofax Power PDF Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
I don't think so. Small law firm.
Had a question regarding converting to Word and the support told me the best way to do it is to open the conversion window from WORD not Kofax - results were 1000 times better! (Many times were getting paragraphs in text boxes and could not compare with other documents - opening in Word solved that issue.)
There was one other thing-but it was a couple years ago, so probably when it was Nuance and I don't remember what it was about :-(
Using Kofax Power PDF
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- None that I have found
Kofax Power PDF Reliability
Not sure this applies to us. We are a small firm and the people that use it regularly just downloaded it to their computers.
Other that a PDF partially disappearing if left up for a long period of time - no issues. (If you close it and reopen it, it is all there. We have some PDFs that are 400-600 pages long.)
No issues. Not integrated with others systems.
Upgrading Kofax Power PDF
Yes - Yes. No issues.
- Added features
- Can't image what new things they will come up with!