Best PDF So Far
Updated January 06, 2022
Best PDF So Far
Score 8 out of 10
Power PDF Standard
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
Kofax Power PDF is used to review pdf documents, edit fillable PDFs, provide comments on pdf documents, and edit/compile pdf pages. Our company deals mostly with pdf versions (as opposed to word versions of documents), so having a reliable and user-friendly pdf program was necessary. Kofax Power PDF is used multiple times every single day to work with pdf documents.
- The Pages Panel is superior to other programs for navigating documents: it shows large amounts of page previews without taking up valuable document viewing space. You can also adjust the size of the panel so it takes up as much or little space as you want. Other products have large margins that are not customizable in their Pages Panels that make it frustrating to use because it reduces your document viewing window to be unnecessarily too small.
- The Search feature: I can search on the current document or all documents Kofax currently has open. I can also set parameters to look for specific work in its entirety or any parts of words that have that order of letters. My favorite use is the Show Results feature; it gives me a preview list of all the search results so I don't have to scroll through the document to see what each hit is. I can just click on the result in the list that is relevant to me.
- Signatures: It is very easy to sign documents, whether by inserting a hand-drawn signature or setting up an electronic signature to stamp on documents.
- The toolbar is very intuitive, easy to use, and customizable. If I don't know where a feature is, it is very easy to find without having to pull out a user manual.
- The convert to fillable pdf feature is lacking and often doesn't catch all of the boxes that need to be converted.
- Our company can deal with extremely large pdf documents, and Kofax has a hard time loading them.
- The Comment features could be more customizable. As they are functional but a little bulky to try and use. It is not the smoothest process (difficult to resize boxes, re-highlight, move comment boxes, etc.)
- Time savings - very user-friendly; I spend more time when I use another program trying to get it to do something I can easily do with Kofax.
I heartily agree that Power PDF is very easy to use; it is easier to use than any of the other pdf programs I have used to date. The controls are intuitive and not hidden, and I have never come across a scenario where Power PDF didn't have a feature that I was needing to use.
I have never needed to use the support for Power PDF.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF's feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF again?
Pages panel, Make PDF searchable, Search, Highlight, Callout, Text Box, Flatten File, Handwritten Signature, Sign
I actually find this program to be easier to use and more efficient than Adobe. When PDFs open in an internet tab in Adobe I will actually download them to my desktop so I can open them with Kofax. It is not as well suited for very large documents though, as it can't seem to load pages fast enough and will hold up trying to scroll through a document.
Using Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
6 - All six of my team members use Kofax Power PDF; I'm not sure about the rest of the organization but I believe they use it as well. They provide primarily oversight and review of documents which require them to sign and place comments.
1 - We just have one in-house IT employee that keeps Kofax Power PDF up to date with updates and provides tech support when we have problems with new installations or running the program, which is rare. Kofax Power PDF seems to be pretty self-sustaining without the need for lots of support.
- document review
- document compilation
- document reading
- create flowcharts
- add signatures to all kinds of documents
- adding new pages and organizing order of pages in a document
- creating fillable forms
No other similar product has the ease of use or user interface that this one does.