Power PDF for the win!
Updated March 01, 2023
Power PDF for the win!
Partner in LegalLaw Practice Company, 1-10 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Power PDF Advanced
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF
We use Kofax Power PDF for the day-to-day management of PDFs, including editing, comments, redaction, and review in a legal setting. It is a quick program to boot up when opening PDFs. We also use it on many occasions to convert PDFs from other entities into Word, to allow for easy editing of responsive documents.
- Converting PDFs to Word documents
- Quick redaction of information through the "search and redact" feature
- Useful "comments" feature and "stamp" feature to assist with confirming complete review of a document
- Quick boot-up of PDF documents for viewing
- Difficult to add stamps - wanted to add a "checkmark" stamp and had to first find an image then work hard to make it a stamp
- Would be nice to have a better library of stamps for different use cases
- Sometimes the "search and redact" feature misses things if they are not exactly right. For example, the same numbers with a hyphen are found but without a hyphen, they are not.
- Time savings through "search and mark for redaction" feature
- Time savings through converting PDF documents from opposing parties to Word documents for editing responses
- Cost savings through not having to pay for a monthly subscription plan. The one-time fee is great.
Power PDF has definitely been easy to use for us. Even staff who are not particularly tech-savvy are able to use the program with little to no training. I didn't have any issues finding features using the "search" bar at the top and was able to find most of the features without having to dig through dozens of menus.
We have previously used Adobe Acrobat in older formats and Nitro PDF Pro - both of which worked fine but were not as intuitive as Kofax Power PDF. The Adobe Acrobat version we had did not do redaction, so we had to look for something else. Power PDF was the best product and fit the price-point we were looking for in terms of a full-fledged PDF program that would redact, bates stamp, and fulfill our firm's needs for PDF software that fit a legal environment.
I have never had to use the support for Kofax Power PDF, other than occasionally consulting the program help manual. That is a testament to the program. I can find what I need without having to Google it or dig through the manual.
Do you think Tungsten Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Tungsten Power PDF's feature set?
Did Tungsten Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Tungsten Power PDF go as expected?
Would you buy Tungsten Power PDF again?
The product features we use the most are the "search and mark for redaction" feature, the converting of PDF documents to Word documents, the "file size reduction" feature, and Bates stamping feature. We also use the commenting features a great deal to pass information back and forth on created PDFs. They are all valuable and useful on a day-to-day basis for the firm.
Kofax Power PDF works very well for what we use it for on a day-to-day basis - reviewing, editing, and modifying PDF documents we generate or receive from opposing parties. If all you need it for is converting PDFs to Word documents, it does that quickly but isn't always 100% accurate. Although I don't think other PDF programs are any better. However, it is easy to use for working with documents in PDF format. The "search and redact" feature is a huge timesaver for our firm to redact bank account numbers and social security numbers prior to sending documents to the Court.
Using Kofax Power PDF
1 - I use it and am a partner attorney for my small firm, but I handle a lot of editing of PDFs on a regular basis, including redaction of items, moving around pages in a document, and typing on PDFs.
1 - Nearly none, we haven't had any substantial issues with Kofax Power PDF since installation. We have one support staff and another attorney who used it in on a regular basis and we never ran into any issues where they needed support with the software.
- Editing documents from opposing counsel
- Turning Word documents into PDFs for review and electronic signature
- Prepare PDF documents for bankruptcy cases
- We use it a lot to create retainer agreements for clients to e-sign through our practice management software
- We use the highlight and comment functions for staff to show edits to bankruptcy petitions which are generated in PDF
It was very easy to learn the software and find the features I needed, and I was able to use the help menu for any questions I had. Staff was easily able to start using with no additional training. It easily works with things created in Adobe - handling field forms just fine.