Logi Analytics Review: "The 'Logi'cal choice for our use case. Feature rich and price conscious!"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biLogi AnalyticsUnspecified7.8311012017-04-06T20:13:16.468Z
Overall Satisfaction with Logi Info
Logi Info was purchased primarily to create an in-house, staff-facing tool for consolidating and reporting on data across our disparate systems. We have developers creating content in Logi Info across all of our departments including Marketing, Client Support, and Corporate Technology. The reports are chiefly tabular data which is aggregated from different sources and presented via an internal web server running Logi Info. We are beginning to use dashboarding features in order to present different users with content tailored to their business case/use case.
- The ability to easily integrate data across multiple data platforms
- The product is easy to implement and learn
- The elemental design allows for recycling of concepts and features across various reports and output
- The security was easy to implement into our existing environment
- The number of options available for data manipulation and presentation, including Scheduling and Caching data, makes it easy to solve any problem or create content for any request
- Logi's Support Portal staff are absolutely top notch. They are responsive and knowledgeable. Due to the elemental design (see above), it is easy to communicate concepts to and from Logi Support via code samples and/or sample applications. The sample applications which we have received from Logi Support have formed some of the core concepts of our Logi Developer training!
- The toolbox is too vast for Logi to provide a 'quick implementation' or 'quick start guide'. There are so many tools that Logi expects the client to determine which fit their use case. There are purchasable 'Professional Services' options for implementation, but without these, the toolset is almost too big.
- ReportServer, EazyBI and Pentaho
It has been a while since we ran our evaluations, but I recall presenting the feature set for Logi with some samples created in-house against some from other vendors. Not only was Logi Info easier to learn and use out of the box, but the pricing for our use case was so reasonable that it created 'reverse sticker shock' in our executive sponsor.
Logi Info allows for any number of data sources to be included and merged into a single output. Additionally, the data can be Cached on the Logi Webserver, Scheduled to be re-cached via the Logi Scheduler, or ETLd via Logi's Process Task functionality. We use all of these features in our implementation.
The Team Development tools in Logi Info include a Locking feature which locks all files when a Developer leaves them and requires manual unlocking. Unlocking is denied if another Developer has the definition unlocked. The other Team Dev feature is a file saving option. However, this 'versioning' is all or nothing and contains nothing for true versioning/merging. The only true versioning for Logi must be done by versioning the xml files underlying the application in SVN, GIT, etc.
The pricing of Logi (per server core) is highly attractive for internal-facing use as we can control/predict how many visits we will get to our internal Logi webserver. The fact that the only license required is on the server means that all of our staff can use Logi Info-presented content without restrictions. The option of OEM licensing is also attractive and presents many future options, but will require much more licensing as the webserver will require more cores to handle the level of traffic demanded by OEM usage.
Logi Analytics Feature Ratings
Report Formatting Templates
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile