Overall Satisfaction with Lucidchart
Overall the system is easy to use and quick to develop a process flow. However, parts of the process can be very manual and repetitive, such as having to manually resize the boxes a lot to fit the text or [moving] multiple parts of the arrows to get them to be configured correctly. But even that is easy to figure out, [it] just is a bit time-consuming. The usability of Lucidchart is a key selling point to me.
Lucidchart is being used by multiple individuals within our organization to create clear workflows or decision trees to help illustrate the complex processes we use in a simple, straightforward manner. We are launching new systems, so Lucidchart allows us to diagram how these new offerings will work and collaborate to ensure how we want to proceed prior to rolling out to larger groups. We are able to create these flows faster and with less effort than other methods. We are also using it to diagram our expanding org chart, to make it easy for new members to see where they fit and get to know other team members.
- Intuitive interface for creating diagrams, with clear shape differences and arrows.
- Enable to quickly build complex diagrams by creating multiple shapes and paths.
- Ability to export and share with others that don't have Lucidchart or in presentations.
- The text does not change the size of the shape, so need to manually update it when changing text.
- When moving shapes, the lines do not follow, so I often have to spend a lot of time redrawing them. Almost easier to delete and redo.
- I wish spellcheck was automatically turned on as I sometimes forget to run before exporting.
- Only began using it, but created a chart in 30 minutes that took 3 hours to do in PowerPoint and could be more easily edited.
- Program is very easy to learn - was able to create a chart with only 5 minutes of learning the program.
I haven't needed to reach out for support to Lucidchart, but the built-in guides and online resources have been sufficient.
Do you think Lucidchart delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Lucidchart's feature set?
Did Lucidchart live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Lucidchart go as expected?
Would you buy Lucidchart again?
If you are doing a lot of process maps or diagrams, it is far superior to other programs. If you are only doing an occasional diagram and they are unlikely to change, you can do the same thing in a much more time-consuming way in PowerPoint. So it really is a question of volume and complexity - if you are doing ... several charts or diagrams, Lucidchart is well worth the investment.