Overall Satisfaction with Magento
I have used Magento in many different capacities. From a point of full utilization of the shopping cart, payment processing, inventory, configurations of product, and anything else it does, to as little as implementing it solely for the use of the coupon engine (simply because it was all there and I did not want to recreate the wheel).
I will be using it in conjunction with Wordpress and other quick-to-market CMS systems that are already in place.
- Overall site and underlying structural organization.
- SEO is native.
- Couponing engine rocks!
- Configurations of products can be daunting.
- Bulk import could be improved so that extremely large catalogs of products can come in completely configured.
- AMP natively built in.
- Magento is great for fast paced initiatives.
- Completely scalable even up to an enterprise level.
Magento is solid and has a proven track record with years and years of backing. There are tons of plugins and customizations available in the market. It really depends on your specific environment though, since a ".net shop" may want to stick with the same server hardware/architecture rather than introduce another technology stack... It is a solid choice.
Magento is great for anyone looking for a shopping cart and is selling products. I have steered away from it for a single services company, since it is more geared towards product sales. It does an amazing job out of the box and the administrative management is simple. 5 gold stars.