Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- Excellent modular architecture, which makes it very easy to customize for different kinds of needs.
- It is open source, free and is constantly updated to keep it up to the latest technologies.
- The latest version in ASP.NET Core runs in Windows and Linux with excellent performance (Google Page Speed of 100/100).
- It has a very active community which helps to enhance the solution, develop extensions and themes and helps other users.
- It is full of features including Multi-Store, Multi-Vendor, and Multi-Warehouse.
- Easy upgrades.
- Improve discount features.
- Shopping cart and related functionalities
- Open source: code with easy customization that allows the development of powerful additional tools
- Plugins availability
- Products management
- Could be more free templates available
- Integration with payment solutions
- Simple setup and install
- Easy to integrate most merchant services with
- Robust couponing engine
- More community templates would be great.
- Some of the pricing can be a bit tricky, especially configured items... there is a likelihood of mispriced items with the current structure
- As I came from Microsoft .Net technical experience with more than 15 years in IT industry, the nopCommerce .Net based open sourced framework is the best eCommerce framework in terms of architectural perspective - such as incorporating with Entity Framework code first approach, Domain Driven Architecture, using ASP.Net MVC, Unit Testing, ...etc.
- When my client asked for an eCommerce portal, the whole team was struggling from designing a database to identifying the requirements. nopCommerce has everything we need. All the industrial standard eCommerce features are included. It saves hours of database design, application design and also the client's requirements are easily fit into nopCommerce's features.
- The cost of nopCommerce- the last time we paid was a $200 one time cost for using the production site. It was ridiculously cost effective. As it is opened source, the whole community is supporting and constantly making this framework better and better.
- I set up a web site within a week using nopCommerce to sell my own products online. It was so easy to use, deploy, and set up.
- nopCommerce is for .Net, MVC and EntityFramework technical engineers if you want to make some modifications and add your own enhancements. Therefore, it is the best for a Windows server infrastructure environment. This is not PHP or JAVA. This is all Microsoft and .Net.
- The version I'm using is nopCommerce 3.40. Current version is 3.80. There are a few features that are not available out of the box; such as incorporating different tracking number for multiple shipments, splitting order and payment into multiple shipments at the checkout page.
- nopCommerce is the best for small and medium size business (SME). It will not able to handle incoming traffic like Amazon or Alibaba in terms of performance.
1. Cost = open sourced framework. You will just simply bypass the application design and development process, but you will have to code to do whatever you want to do for your business needs. It will save you a lot of time and money.
2. Technical Architecture = It was created with the best application design and architecture. If you are not into eCommerce, but want to understand EntityFrame code first and domain architecture, Dependency Injection,..etc, nopCommerce is the one.
3. I'm sure your business users will ask for the features that are already included with nopCommerce.
- NopCommerce security is better then other shopping carts. Open source. Short time to GoLive for a customer.
- Very big and active community. The community forum provides free support.
- Current marketplace offers more than thousand plug-ins and themes.
- nopCommerce can be downloaded, installed and used free of charge.
- Program had been translated to 30 languages.
- nopCommerce auto upgrade.
- Plugins update from plugins area.
- Well structured code helps in extending and customizing the software
- All the features and functionality required by an ecommerce business is available out of the box
- Availability of dotnet developers and the community is an added strength
- Provide more themes; more mobile themes are needed.
- Steep learning curve for code customization
- Lower adaptation in the industry, though growing.
1. If the default theme serves your purpose, then nopCommerce is the software for you.
2. A very fast loading software!
1. If you need customization and extension and if you don't have access to dotnet developers, you might find it difficult to handle nopcomerce.
2. Theme customization takes time
- Customizable themes
- Easily create category pages
- Documentation is lackluster
- Settings and configurations can be difficult to understand and set up, especially for marketers or people without a strong tech/IT background
nopCommerce Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is nopCommerce?
nopCommerce is an open-source eCommerce solution. According to the vendor, this solution is easy to use by new online businesses, yet powerful enough for the most demanding ecommerce expert. Additionally, the vendor says this solution is secure, scalable, extendable and fully customizable.
nopCommerce is an open source eCommerce solution that is ASP.NET (MVC) based with a MS SQL 2008 (or higher) backend database. The vendor says their shopping cart solution is uniquely suited for merchants that have outgrown existing systems. It can be hosted with the user’s current web host or the vendor’s hosting partners.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
It's an open-source and free product
nopCommerce Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||47%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
nopCommerce Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Premium support services (tickets)|
nopCommerce Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Chinese, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Bengali, Vietnamese, French, Turkish, Italian, Persian|