Wix Reviews

Horacio Carcamo | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

Wix is the best website creator in the market!

Wix is a great resource for web page creation. It automates everything, and for all non-code users that want to create a web page, Wix is an awesome site to do it. Wix has been involved in several processes as a reference but it has been a great resource to follow.
  • UI is very handy and adaptable.
  • Price is relative for the service.
  • Not too many industry templates.
  • E-commerce platforms require a lot of permissions.
I would recommend Wix 100%, due to the fact that the marketing strategy that it gives to the customer makes you want to register for such a great site. It also has a great user experience, without putting difficulties on the site creation process. Wix really knows what the user wants.
Read Horacio Carcamo's full review
Erin Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Wix is an ok CMS

The owner of the company that I created a Wix website for was very specific for how he wanted his website to look and feel. With this, my only option was to create a site on Wix because it allowed me to drag and drop components exactly where they needed to go so the WYSIWYG is fantastic for this.

However, SEO tools and options are lacking, even with the option to add custom HTML code.

The image library doesn't function ideally but it can get the job done.
  • WYSIWYG is great at placing things exactly where you want them to go.
  • The site is very easy to use.
  • Integrations work well.
  • SEO Tools
  • Image Library functions
There are so many CMS options that anyone can use. Wix is in my top 3 for when I would need a website and a competitor CMS isn't the ideal solution.
Read Erin Harris's full review
Bryan Tanner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Flip your university athletic class with Wix

Wix is a personal solution to a departmental problem. As a tennis instructor to university students, my biggest problem is not having enough time with students. Wix has enabled me to adopt a flipped-classroom model in which I reserve class time for practice and questions. All other instruction is conducted on the students' respective schedules outside of class. I developed a Wix website containing instructional information. I email students regularly asking them to review specific information before coming to class.
  • The plug-and-play design makes it easy for most anyone to use.
  • The abundant variety of design tools Wix offers.
  • The templates aren't just functional, they're beautiful!
  • Although I've never used it, Wix's paid customer support seems easy to use and helpful.
  • I understand Wix's desire to prevent users from editing HTML, but it would be nice on occasion.
  • I'm reaching for things Wix could improve upon; I think their product meets my needs perfectly. I was going to say something about SEO training for site developers, but they do a great job with it too.
Anyone who wants a beautiful gateway to content, I recommend this site. You don't have to author content here necessarily, you can just link photos, videos, documents, or products. I see small businesses benefiting most from Wix. All a small business would need is a product page, FAQ page, Contact page. I have also found it helpful as a learning resource for my university students.
Read Bryan Tanner's full review
jacob rappeport | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

Give your business an outstanding image.

Wix has given me the ability to continuously change, grow, and publish my website using an extremely user-friendly platform.
  • Wix provides an extremely user-friendly platform that makes it easy for someone with no experience to create a professional image for their business(es).
  • Wix is affordable.
  • Wix provides easy third party access to other appropriate services like claiming domains and Gsuite business email accounts.
  • Wix offers the ability to schedule bookings, receive payments, and even link your email messages through your customized website.
  • Wix can improve on the speed of their provided websites.
  • Wix can improve on the speed performance for users creating their websites on their platform.
  • I would like to see Wix keep me locked into the rate that I started with two years ago instead of incrementally raising the price, or at least advise upfront that over a period of time, the pricing can be expected to increase.
Wix is well suited for business owners who are in the j-curve of the start-up phase who do not yet have the capital to pay for a third party marketing company to create a premium website. The platform is extremely user-friendly, even for people with no experience creating websites and allows the website to grow and change alongside the business.
Read jacob rappeport's full review
Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Wix: a simple and easy way to develop a website yourself

Wix gave me the easiest solution for building a website. The layout and designs were simple and effective. It helped increase my credibility by being able to exist as an artist on more than just social media. It also gave fans another way to feel connected to my brand and shop for merch.
  • Easy design tools for any one person.
  • Tasteful design choices and layouts.
  • The price became too high so I left.
  • Tutorials for implementing music.
I like Wix. I like how simple and convenient the layout is for designing a website. It’s useful for selling a product online, or any creative who needs an outlet to market themselves. It’s useful for creating appointments and having an easy way for people to contact your business when they’re in need. For the price increase it wasn’t appropriate for someone like me who isn’t incredibly active on their website. I just use it to list creative news, projects, and the option to buy music from the site.
Read Sarah Lightman's full review
Mildred M. Tassone | TrustRadius Reviewer

Using Wix And Loving It

It is used across our business and our consulting business. With the addition of the new database integration, it is allowing more pages to be generated dynamically. A big help. That is allowing for an easier update of information without adjusting pages. The forms are superior for collecting user information and being able to easily customize.
  • Database integration - works really well and saves time for updating and making changes to data.
  • Forms - the ability to customize and collect the data easily is a time saver.
  • Could make the page setup for the dynamic pages a little simpler.
  • The repeater strips are good, but some are a little tricky to edit.
Perfect for advanced editing and but easy enough to recommend to beginners. The editing menu is very easy to navigate from page editing to adding elements to previewing and publishing. The process is smooth. The platform is easy to navigate and very technologically sound. The added video options is a big plus for those who are just getting into video.
Read Mildred M. Tassone's full review
Sasha Jacobsen | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2020

Wix - The easy to use website creator

I use Wix, both personally and professionally. I manage my own website and my boss' site. Personally, it functions as an additional marketing tool alongside my Instagram and is an excellent source of income as well as with Wix's business tools and paywalls. Professionally, it extends my brand potential as a web developer and graphic designer.
  • Layouts and Designs
  • Ease of Mobile Design
  • Speed
  • Easier to manage color schemes
I always recommend Wix over Squarespace though I always realize it's a personal preference thing, so I don't try to be too bias about my recommendation. I have experience with both but currently use Wix, and my boss does as well, so I have more familiarity with them. As such, I can highly recommend them as I know everything works, it's easy to use, the plans and pricing are competitive, and it's an excellent platform for business.
Read Sasha Jacobsen's full review
Alfred Simmons | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

Easy website builder with many great features

We use Wix mainly within our marketing department for students who make their internship during the summer with us. They are usually coming from the business program and most of their projects require building websites. Here comes the role of Wix as one of the easiest and most user-friendly platforms that allows anyone to build a website in a professional way without having to know a single code.
  • Easy to use.
  • Inexpensive.
  • No coding is required.
  • Provides great data analysis on website visitors.
  • More templates are required.
  • Mobile app requires a lot of improvements.
Wix is one of the best and easiest website builders that anyone can use. I don't have a very good coding experience for making websites and Wix made it easy for me. The drag and drop feature is one of my favorites so far and makes me feel that I am working on a traditional design platform.
Read Alfred Simmons's full review
Julia Gonzalez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Wix is a win-win for taking your business to the next level with an easy website builder.

We used Wix to create our current client's website. This made it easier to create our own, versus having to outsource this kind of service, which can get very expensive and doesn't always correctly interpret the company's vision since they do not work in it. Also, Wix makes it easier to make any changes to reflect sales or other things happening in the company.
  • It is a very user-friendly platform that even someone without experience can use.
  • Cost-effective website creator
  • They could work on the customer-service side.
  • Compatibility with the web search engine you're using--not friendly with Firefox
Wix is the easy way one can internally build a website and maintain the website without having to hire a design company that can get very pricy. We run a lot of specials on our products and don't have to wait for a third party to make the changes, we can manage all edits internally.

One negative is that when we do have to contact the help desk with any technical difficulty, it can be 50/50 chance of getting help fast, which sometimes can get aggravating.
Read Julia Gonzalez's full review
Josh Kratovil | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 20, 2019

Wix Helped Get Us On Our Feet

We started with Wix as a solution to not having a website. Our company was purchased by an investment firm, and we were in the process of being carved out from our parent organization. We had a major product launch coming up at the end of 2018 and needed to have a website in place for it; after researching, Wix seemed like the best and easiest option for getting a page up. It turned out to be so easy that I recreated our whole web presence using Wix (our former parent organization had completed a web redesign earlier that eschewed much of the information our customers need to make purchasing decisions; this was our chance to rebuild that information). Today, we have a more robust web solution in place, but Wix remains our top option for landing pages and "quick need" pages which do not necessitate an entire development process.
  • Easy to build pages and sites that look professional, even with little web design experience.
  • The graphical user interface lets you see in real-time how your site will look.
  • Easy to add applications with further enhance your site.
  • Good value for the price, especially if you can find a coupon code as we did.
  • Easy to add and manage users.
  • Easy to get people trained up on how to build a page.
  • We registered our domain from Wix, and are unable to easily set up a page-level redirect in order to funnel traffic to our new web presence.
  • While useful, the GUI can be a bandwidth hog - you need a robust internet connection for the best experience.
  • Very easy to hit a ceiling on what you can do to make the page look good; would be great to have more robust onboarding for enterprise-level businesses.
Wix is well suited for small to medium-sized companies who need a web presence, but do not have HTML or coding experience or the resources to bring on a full-time developer who can do those things. It is less appropriate for companies who have web developers or larger companies who may wish for a more complex site with advanced functionality.
Read Josh Kratovil's full review
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2019

Tons of customization, but far too easy to mess up.

When I switched from WordPress, I spent several months working with both Wix and Squarespace. I ultimately decided to go with Squarespace, as I found that although Wix has more customization options, it was more difficult for our clients to use. Clients liked the "do anything" interface but quickly messed up their sites, which was a hassle for everyone.
  • Good, simple on-boarding process.
  • Lots of visual customization options.
  • Many different themes to choose from.
  • It's too easy to mess up the design of your site...you can literally drag and drop elements anywhere, which looks awful!
  • The interface is messy and overwhelming for inexperienced clients.
  • The branding is inconsistent. Wix looks modern and polished in some areas and old and clunky in others.
Wix is great for businesses who have a tech-savvy designer or for business owners who want max control—they want to "play" at being the designer. It's not a good solution for businesses who don't have an internal or freelance designer. The templates are easy to ruin visually in a very short amount of time, so it's all around not a great option for anyone who needs that "high quality" vibe.
Read Andrew Folts's full review
February 12, 2020

Great website creator for simple websites

Currently my website was created on Wix and I have also created websites for my clients through Wix as well. It has been great on both fronts because it makes it easy for me. I have one dashboard to manage all the websites I've created and I get alerts for traffic to my website but I can also assign alerts to other emails so my clients get their own alerts.
  • Lot of tools available and integrated right in for marketing, messaging, etc. that you may need besides a website.
  • Just a few steps to get everything all set up once you've created your website. Very easy.
  • Not the greatest in terms of SEO with Google.
  • Lacks in-depth customization.
If you are looking to create a straight forward website for your (or a clients') business, this is a great platform to use. It is easy to set up once you understand how the platform works and is much easier for the average person to understand rather than using WordPress. However, if your website includes a little more to it (have an order history look up page for example), you may want to look into another platform such as WordPress. Wix doesn't have all the flexibility that a more in-depth platform does, but not everyone needs that.
March 09, 2020

Comfortable, intuitive website design at a great price!

I have been utilizing Wix within my position in order to build websites and further expand my expertise with web page design/modification. It is currently being used by myself only, though I’ve started training my team on using it as well. It currently allows us to build a professional website quickly and easily, without the need for much coding.
  • Plenty of templates to choose from.
  • No coding experience needed.
  • Free for personal use.
  • Engaging community.
  • Major changes can be difficult.
  • User interface is slightly overwhelming.
  • Must pay to remove Wix ads.
I believe that Wix is best suited for entrepreneurs or small business owners, as it allows them to create a professional looking website for their store without needing to hire a web site developer or team to create, promote, and maintain the site. The only time I wouldn’t recommend Wix would be if you already have a team to write and modify the code behind the site.
March 05, 2020

Wix is great for new users but limiting for advanced users

Wix is no longer being used in our organisation. Although they are making efforts to foster relationships with agencies, ultimately they are more concerned about the end-user, which is completely fine because that is their business model, but as an agency, I can't justify using Wix for several reasons which we'll get into in the review.
  • Friendly to never before web designers.
  • Can be a good free tool to create a starter site.
  • Good for students to learn the very basics.
  • When I last used it the websites created felt slow and bloated.
  • The SEO potential is just not there, it was not customisable enough.
  • Can be limiting in terms of design and functionality.
For large companies who want a scalable, fast, optimised website or eCommerce store. Or for agencies looking to be an intermediary between businesses and their website with design and development. There are less expensive, more robust options for agencies out there looking to create custom websites for their clients.
March 03, 2020

Build your custom website easy and without the coding hassle.

Wix was used to build a website for our non-profit counterpart and the school we run as a part of the Sikh Onstitute. Wix is used to run the school website. It is used to solve the problem of communication, information update, and sharing.
  • Easy drag and drop interface
  • Calendar style bookings
  • Quick use templates
  • Cloud storage for media
  • Domain buying
  • More templates
  • Free domain like Weebly
  • More broad editing options
Wix website builder is suited if you have a blog you want to host. It has a small learning curve but thanks to its drag and drop interface, it can be easily picked up. It is vibrant with features like rich media and layout options. I built 2 websites, but both were informational. It does well with calendars and scheduling for booking appointments. It would be nice if they had more robust login-enabled pages & functionality.
February 27, 2020

Good options for beginners

We have worked with Wix with several agency clients. It has been a site builder used by clients that are looking for a free or low-cost website builder that can be used for someone without coding experience.
  • Very easy to use. Especially for those who can't code or haven't built websites before.
  • Cost effective
  • Less features than most site builders
  • Less integration options
Wix is an excellent option for someone who needs a website but can't afford to pay a developer to build one. If you're looking for a low cost and easy to use for beginners site builder, then Wix is a good option.
February 26, 2020

Makes it a breeze to have a professional web presence

We have switched our web presence exclusively to Wix. We evaluated multiple options, and Wix won out with its extensive functionality, rich templates, and ease-of-use. Our current web presence is mostly informational, with basic communication and feedback features. We may be adding transactions and possibly more sophisticated interactivity, which Wix also offers.
  • Rich set of templates that are very professional-looking
  • Exceedingly easy-to-use. It can be up and running in short order.
  • A powerful suite of advanced functionality
  • Not fully responsive design.
  • Templates, once chosen, can't be changed in a straightforward manner.
  • Not the fastest loading speeds.
We love Wix's wide selection of rich and professional templates, including animations and videos. Their suite of functionality is powerful and including advanced interactivity, blogging, e-commerce. Additionally, there are hundreds of apps (including from 3rd parties) that one could add to the site (e.g., online booking, live chat, newsletter, etc.). Wix facilitates customizing sites with a new feature called Wix Code that, in most cases, does not require coding expertise (covers Databases, Dynamic Pages, External APIs, Forms, and Managed JavaScript).

Stand Out With Wix

I use Wix personally as a resume. I created a website to act as a more dynamic place to highlight some of my technical and marketing skills.
  • Variety of templates to choose from.
  • Highly editable components to give your page the look and feel you desire.
  • Unclear how to edit some of the components.
Wix is a great website builder. It's perfect for a company blog, contact page, etc.
February 12, 2020

Wix makes web development easy

We use Wix daily to implement easy to build, affordable websites for our clients. We specialize in small businesses, many of which have a minimal marketing budget but need exposure on the internet. We love being able to quickly train our clients to use the backend and update the website when they need to.
  • Easy interface
  • Fast performance
  • Mobile interface customization
Wix works very well for all our small/medium-sized clients. It offers an affordable way for them to gain a web presence. The templates also help us keep our costs down when it comes to designing.
Heath Achatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 25, 2019

Wix Fast and Free to Start, But Should You?

Wix is used for managing a website. It contains current information, archives, and events calendar and a gallery. Wix is used by three people to manage the website. It is a fairly user friendly way to build a website once the user becomes familiar with the setup. The Free package is nice but paid does seem better.
  • Wix makes it easy for users with no coding experience to create a visually appealing website.
  • Wix has a variety of plug-ins including, galleries, forums, chat, blogging, Instagram, counter, PDF viewer, and many more.
  • Wix is also connected with a large variety of third-party apps that can be used such as chatbot, contact form, Eventbrite, and Event Viewer.
  • While Wix appears to make itself user friendly, there is a lot of apps that are unnecessary that must be waded through. When you are trying something new it is actually complex, until you get the "hang of it".
  • Without a paid subscription Wix does not populate on Google searches very well.
  • Wix hosts its pages, and again if you do not have a paid subscription the loading can be slow and burdensome.
Wix works well if a user has had some experience with building a website before using a website wizard and has no coding experience. Wix does offer a lot of features for free, but paid is better. For a couple page website the free option would be great, but if you want to host events or sell items, the paid option is needed.
Read Heath Achatz's full review
Uday Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2019

Penetrating your target market with a quick and professional website

Wix is used by my company to develop and frequently modify our website. I developed and patented a carbon capture technology back in 2007, and after much searching selected Wix to build our website. I was pleased with the website from the start, as it was relatively easy to build given the tools inherent in Wix. It addresses the fundamental need of a small technology company: to get noticed. And it does it effectively.
  • Wix provides a complete platform with a short learning curve. As a technology professional, I don't have time to resolve website problems.
  • The resulting product is professional, allows for enough detail, and can be updated easily with new developments.
  • The ability to quickly add blogs is important to me, as we must frequently provide extensive and updated technical information to relate to a sophisticated audience.
  • A very useful feature is the ease with which we can insert video in the website.
  • Wix appears to have been designed for retail businesses, given the presence of a shopping cart. An alternative format for technology companies would be welcomed.
  • Because the work we do involves design drawings produced in DraftSight and other CAD software, it would be particularly useful if we could import such drawings into the website.
  • Although Wix provides a library of photographs, few are technology oriented. More, please.
Wix is very effective in allowing small technology companies like mine to describe what we do and how we do it. As a result, it meets a basic need, and the resulting product is professional and fairly complete. The ability to add blogs, which provide detailed examples of our successes, effectively separates our company (deploying 45 years of experience) from less experienced competitors. But we wish we could do more of this, for example by importing CAD drawings from actual projects.
Read Uday Singh's full review
Dan Hanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 23, 2019

Great basic website designer!

I use Wix as a training tool for the call center I work for. They can use it as a resource also to reference different aspects of how a call should go. Also, it has all of our call scripts and information that customers may inquire about. There are buttons for each question a customer may have, with the proper response for our agent to use.
  • Wix makes it simple to set up a basic website in a matter of hours.
  • They have a lot of options in the free version.
  • It is super simple to create a website that is easy to use.
  • There are some extra features that are not available in the free version.
  • The user interface can use some improvement when it comes to the overall layout.
  • They could also add to the tutorial library to help new developers further.
Wix is best suited for people new to creating websites. There are a plethora of resources available to help someone with limited knowledge create a respectable website. There are also a ton of free features to let someone who is new develop a website. However, if you are looking to build a more professional website with a lot of features, it may not be the best solution for you. Overall, it is a great solution for those looking to build a basic website.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
July 11, 2019

Wix - the last website authoring tool you will ever need

In 2017 we moved our organization's website from a Wordpress site to Wix and we haven't looked back. Representing our company on the web is important and Wix has become our one-stop shop for website design. It's ease of use and multiple design templates have made training our department heads a breeze. We now have a web presence, with responsive pages and mobile compatibility, all of which we did not possess before our move to Wix.
  • Easy to setup
  • Help documentation is easy to access and detailed
  • Customization
  • See what your website will look like on a computer / tablet / mobile device
  • The blogging feature could be improved. I would like to see additional blogging layouts available.
Whatever your skill level with website design, Wix will work for you. From small to large business, e-commerce to personal use, Wix is a platform that is easy to set up and design in minimal time, depending on your needs. There are templates for almost everything and if the template doesn't completely fit your needs, you can tweak it to do so. On the downside, if you are in a highly creative field like photography, I have seen templates that better cater to that field on other platforms so make sure you do your due diligence before you commit to one platform or another.
Brittney Collier | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 30, 2019

Wix is the best for beginners in need of a beautiful website fast!

I have used Wix to create websites for an entire organization, but I've mostly used it to create landing pages and/or mini sites for specific aspects of an organization like a campaign for a new product or a registration site for an upcoming conference. Wix is perfect for small businesses who cannot afford to invest in an in-house web developer or designer but need a professional, visually-pleasing website.
  • The most important strength of Wix is its simplicity and intuitive interface. Wix is, by far, the best web CMS that I've ever used because it's easier to navigate and understand than other CMS platforms. Once you start building your site, there are pop-ups explaining what to do next until your entire site is filled with content. Because it's so easy to get started, I've completed websites on the same day that I started them, which makes marketing managers and directors extremely surprised and excited.
  • Wix's design and theme options are the best I've seen. When using other CMS platforms, I've had a difficult time finding themes that fit the way that I want to organize the content on my website. I felt restricted because the themes were not editable. Wix, however, allows users to edit themes as much as they want. The platform will also take the information that you've already plugged into the site and find a theme that works, choose the best fonts, and even implement color schemes. Wix really gives you control over the way your site is organized but also provides a "hands-off" route for people who don't want to be too heavily involved in the design process. There are options for any and all levels of experience and involvement.
  • Wix has an option to add a contributor to a website, which I also have not seen on any other CMS platforms. In most cases, CMS users would need to create several logins to get their colleagues or partners to edit the site. But with Wix, I can have my own account with both personal and professional sites - and invite colleagues to edit a specific website without seeing anything else. It's similar to having a Google Drive of websites. I can see all of my Wix websites, but colleagues can only see or edit the websites that I invite them to.
  • One place where Wix falls short of other CMS's is with insights and analytics. On other platforms, I can instantly see how many page views I received, what time the pages were viewed, location, etc. But seeing this information on Wix requires a Google Analytics integration that is not automatically included when you make an account. You have to first go to Google Analytics to make an account, then come back to Wix to activate the integration, it's a little time-consuming for a feature that most CMS's come with instantly.
Wix is perfect if you need your website to look professional, but you don't have a lot of resources or time. It's also great if you've never built a website because the platform suggests design ideas and easily shows you how you can gradually improve your site with plug-ins like analytics, payments, email forms, etc. You'll have a beautiful website as soon as you start, but it will become even more personalized, the more you learn. Wix may be inappropriate for companies with huge e-commerce websites or sites with extreme amounts of content and graphics. You would need to have a web developer on your team to manage that. However, I still don't think it would cause any issues to start off with Wix.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Marian Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 15, 2018

Best place to design a website for your business

Wix is the core of my production business as well as the websites I create for other businesses. It's used on a daily basis to create and design websites. I also use Wix for my blog.
  • It's easy to use and learn
  • There are a lot of great functions
  • Great customer support
  • Affordable
  • Lots of design maneuverability
  • Some of the features do not work consistently or they are not able to be seen at all times.
  • There are frequent bugs.
  • SEO optimization can be improved.
  • They removed some features that I cannot get back.
  • Form builder applications and plug ins can be slow to set up and slow to load.
  • Cannot customize certain features.
  • Handling the footer section can provide issues.
  • Event application / plug in has basic features but mostly not useful.
  • Paid plug ins don't work well or fast enough.
  • Paypal buttons take a long time to load.
  • Repeater boxes don't work well.
  • It doesn't allow you to copy and paste a section from one website design to another website design, which is an important function for saving time when managing multiple business websites.
Great for building a website for any kind of business.
Read Marian Lee's full review

Role-based user permissions (45)
API (30)
Internationalization / multi-language (21)
WYSIWYG editor (64)
Code quality / cleanliness (52)
Admin section (66)
Page templates (73)
Library of website themes (71)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (73)
Publishing workflow (60)
Form generator (57)
Content taxonomy (50)
SEO support (58)
Bulk management (35)
Availability / breadth of extensions (52)
Community / comment management (40)

About Wix

Wix is a free hosted website builder, designed to be user-friendly and highly customizable without requiring coding from the user. It is well-known for its eCommerce solution, which allows users to build an online store.

Wix includes customizable HTML5 templates that can be used with its drag n' drop website builder. The vendor also offers 24/7 support and an App Market with over 200 apps. (These paid apps, as well as professional services offered by Wix, allow the company to make money while keeping its hosting service free.)

Wix Technical Details