Wix Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Heath Achatz profile photo
Wix is used for managing a website. It contains current information, archives, and events calendar and a gallery. Wix is used by three people to manage the website. It is a fairly user friendly way to build a website once the user becomes familiar with the setup. The Free package is nice but paid does seem better.
  • Wix makes it easy for users with no coding experience to create a visually appealing website.
  • Wix has a variety of plug-ins including, galleries, forums, chat, blogging, Instagram, counter, PDF viewer, and many more.
  • Wix is also connected with a large variety of third-party apps that can be used such as chatbot, contact form, Eventbrite, and Event Viewer.
  • While Wix appears to make itself user friendly, there is a lot of apps that are unnecessary that must be waded through. When you are trying something new it is actually complex, until you get the "hang of it".
  • Without a paid subscription Wix does not populate on Google searches very well.
  • Wix hosts its pages, and again if you do not have a paid subscription the loading can be slow and burdensome.
Wix works well if a user has had some experience with building a website before using a website wizard and has no coding experience. Wix does offer a lot of features for free, but paid is better. For a couple page website the free option would be great, but if you want to host events or sell items, the paid option is needed.
Read Heath Achatz's full review
Josh Kratovil profile photo
We started with Wix as a solution to not having a website. Our company was purchased by an investment firm, and we were in the process of being carved out from our parent organization. We had a major product launch coming up at the end of 2018 and needed to have a website in place for it; after researching, Wix seemed like the best and easiest option for getting a page up. It turned out to be so easy that I recreated our whole web presence using Wix (our former parent organization had completed a web redesign earlier that eschewed much of the information our customers need to make purchasing decisions; this was our chance to rebuild that information). Today, we have a more robust web solution in place, but Wix remains our top option for landing pages and "quick need" pages which do not necessitate an entire development process.
  • Easy to build pages and sites that look professional, even with little web design experience.
  • The graphical user interface lets you see in real-time how your site will look.
  • Easy to add applications with further enhance your site.
  • Good value for the price, especially if you can find a coupon code as we did.
  • Easy to add and manage users.
  • Easy to get people trained up on how to build a page.
  • We registered our domain from Wix, and are unable to easily set up a page-level redirect in order to funnel traffic to our new web presence.
  • While useful, the GUI can be a bandwidth hog - you need a robust internet connection for the best experience.
  • Very easy to hit a ceiling on what you can do to make the page look good; would be great to have more robust onboarding for enterprise-level businesses.
Wix is well suited for small to medium-sized companies who need a web presence, but do not have HTML or coding experience or the resources to bring on a full-time developer who can do those things. It is less appropriate for companies who have web developers or larger companies who may wish for a more complex site with advanced functionality.
Read Josh Kratovil's full review
Andrew Folts profile photo
When I switched from WordPress, I spent several months working with both Wix and Squarespace. I ultimately decided to go with Squarespace, as I found that although Wix has more customization options, it was more difficult for our clients to use. Clients liked the "do anything" interface but quickly messed up their sites, which was a hassle for everyone.
  • Good, simple on-boarding process.
  • Lots of visual customization options.
  • Many different themes to choose from.
  • It's too easy to mess up the design of your site...you can literally drag and drop elements anywhere, which looks awful!
  • The interface is messy and overwhelming for inexperienced clients.
  • The branding is inconsistent. Wix looks modern and polished in some areas and old and clunky in others.
Wix is great for businesses who have a tech-savvy designer or for business owners who want max control—they want to "play" at being the designer. It's not a good solution for businesses who don't have an internal or freelance designer. The templates are easy to ruin visually in a very short amount of time, so it's all around not a great option for anyone who needs that "high quality" vibe.
Read Andrew Folts's full review
Uday Singh profile photo
Wix is used by my company to develop and frequently modify our website. I developed and patented a carbon capture technology back in 2007, and after much searching selected Wix to build our website. I was pleased with the website from the start, as it was relatively easy to build given the tools inherent in Wix. It addresses the fundamental need of a small technology company: to get noticed. And it does it effectively.
  • Wix provides a complete platform with a short learning curve. As a technology professional, I don't have time to resolve website problems.
  • The resulting product is professional, allows for enough detail, and can be updated easily with new developments.
  • The ability to quickly add blogs is important to me, as we must frequently provide extensive and updated technical information to relate to a sophisticated audience.
  • A very useful feature is the ease with which we can insert video in the website.
  • Wix appears to have been designed for retail businesses, given the presence of a shopping cart. An alternative format for technology companies would be welcomed.
  • Because the work we do involves design drawings produced in DraftSight and other CAD software, it would be particularly useful if we could import such drawings into the website.
  • Although Wix provides a library of photographs, few are technology oriented. More, please.
Wix is very effective in allowing small technology companies like mine to describe what we do and how we do it. As a result, it meets a basic need, and the resulting product is professional and fairly complete. The ability to add blogs, which provide detailed examples of our successes, effectively separates our company (deploying 45 years of experience) from less experienced competitors. But we wish we could do more of this, for example by importing CAD drawings from actual projects.
Read Uday Singh's full review
In 2017 we moved our organization's website from a Wordpress site to Wix and we haven't looked back. Representing our company on the web is important and Wix has become our one-stop shop for website design. It's ease of use and multiple design templates have made training our department heads a breeze. We now have a web presence, with responsive pages and mobile compatibility, all of which we did not possess before our move to Wix.
  • Easy to setup
  • Help documentation is easy to access and detailed
  • Customization
  • See what your website will look like on a computer / tablet / mobile device
  • The blogging feature could be improved. I would like to see additional blogging layouts available.
Whatever your skill level with website design, Wix will work for you. From small to large business, e-commerce to personal use, Wix is a platform that is easy to set up and design in minimal time, depending on your needs. There are templates for almost everything and if the template doesn't completely fit your needs, you can tweak it to do so. On the downside, if you are in a highly creative field like photography, I have seen templates that better cater to that field on other platforms so make sure you do your due diligence before you commit to one platform or another.
Brittney Collier profile photo
I have used Wix to create websites for an entire organization, but I've mostly used it to create landing pages and/or mini sites for specific aspects of an organization like a campaign for a new product or a registration site for an upcoming conference. Wix is perfect for small businesses who cannot afford to invest in an in-house web developer or designer but need a professional, visually-pleasing website.
  • The most important strength of Wix is its simplicity and intuitive interface. Wix is, by far, the best web CMS that I've ever used because it's easier to navigate and understand than other CMS platforms. Once you start building your site, there are pop-ups explaining what to do next until your entire site is filled with content. Because it's so easy to get started, I've completed websites on the same day that I started them, which makes marketing managers and directors extremely surprised and excited.
  • Wix's design and theme options are the best I've seen. When using other CMS platforms, I've had a difficult time finding themes that fit the way that I want to organize the content on my website. I felt restricted because the themes were not editable. Wix, however, allows users to edit themes as much as they want. The platform will also take the information that you've already plugged into the site and find a theme that works, choose the best fonts, and even implement color schemes. Wix really gives you control over the way your site is organized but also provides a "hands-off" route for people who don't want to be too heavily involved in the design process. There are options for any and all levels of experience and involvement.
  • Wix has an option to add a contributor to a website, which I also have not seen on any other CMS platforms. In most cases, CMS users would need to create several logins to get their colleagues or partners to edit the site. But with Wix, I can have my own account with both personal and professional sites - and invite colleagues to edit a specific website without seeing anything else. It's similar to having a Google Drive of websites. I can see all of my Wix websites, but colleagues can only see or edit the websites that I invite them to.
  • One place where Wix falls short of other CMS's is with insights and analytics. On other platforms, I can instantly see how many page views I received, what time the pages were viewed, location, etc. But seeing this information on Wix requires a Google Analytics integration that is not automatically included when you make an account. You have to first go to Google Analytics to make an account, then come back to Wix to activate the integration, it's a little time-consuming for a feature that most CMS's come with instantly.
Wix is perfect if you need your website to look professional, but you don't have a lot of resources or time. It's also great if you've never built a website because the platform suggests design ideas and easily shows you how you can gradually improve your site with plug-ins like analytics, payments, email forms, etc. You'll have a beautiful website as soon as you start, but it will become even more personalized, the more you learn. Wix may be inappropriate for companies with huge e-commerce websites or sites with extreme amounts of content and graphics. You would need to have a web developer on your team to manage that. However, I still don't think it would cause any issues to start off with Wix.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Dan Hanna profile photo
I use Wix as a training tool for the call center I work for. They can use it as a resource also to reference different aspects of how a call should go. Also, it has all of our call scripts and information that customers may inquire about. There are buttons for each question a customer may have, with the proper response for our agent to use.
  • Wix makes it simple to set up a basic website in a matter of hours.
  • They have a lot of options in the free version.
  • It is super simple to create a website that is easy to use.
  • There are some extra features that are not available in the free version.
  • The user interface can use some improvement when it comes to the overall layout.
  • They could also add to the tutorial library to help new developers further.
Wix is best suited for people new to creating websites. There are a plethora of resources available to help someone with limited knowledge create a respectable website. There are also a ton of free features to let someone who is new develop a website. However, if you are looking to build a more professional website with a lot of features, it may not be the best solution for you. Overall, it is a great solution for those looking to build a basic website.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
Marian Lee profile photo
Wix is the core of my production business as well as the websites I create for other businesses. It's used on a daily basis to create and design websites. I also use Wix for my blog.
  • It's easy to use and learn
  • There are a lot of great functions
  • Great customer support
  • Affordable
  • Lots of design maneuverability
  • Some of the features do not work consistently or they are not able to be seen at all times.
  • There are frequent bugs.
  • SEO optimization can be improved.
  • They removed some features that I cannot get back.
  • Form builder applications and plug ins can be slow to set up and slow to load.
  • Cannot customize certain features.
  • Handling the footer section can provide issues.
  • Event application / plug in has basic features but mostly not useful.
  • Paid plug ins don't work well or fast enough.
  • Paypal buttons take a long time to load.
  • Repeater boxes don't work well.
  • It doesn't allow you to copy and paste a section from one website design to another website design, which is an important function for saving time when managing multiple business websites.
Great for building a website for any kind of business.
Read Marian Lee's full review
Kirsten Rodriguez profile photo
Wix is currently being used for our online store for our farmer's market. We are only open seasonally because we are an on-farm Market, so we only open when we have crops being harvested. We also offer a wide variety of non-perishable food items. We get people wanting to purchase items when we are closed, which is why we started using Wix to help us sell when we are closed.
  • Wix does a great job helping us sell our products online without over complicating it. Setting up an online store isn't always an easy thing to do, and can be very frustrating.
  • Very easy to use, set up and maintain. Great for beginners.
  • Pricing is very reasonable. Great for small businesses.
  • We would love to see more integration and more features offered. While it is very easy to use and has lots of feature, we'd like to see more.
  • Better tracking and analytics. It is nice to see how what you are doing is working through tracking and reports. What they offer is very limited.
Wix is great for small businesses or personal websites who don't need anything too complicated and aren't too experienced in setting up a website. No complicated coding required. Just enough features and options for a quality website. If you want something complicated with lots of features and coding, then this is not the platform for you. Great prices and different package levels available.
Read Kirsten Rodriguez's full review
Dan Talvi profile photo
Wix is a browser-based webpage builder editor and hosting service, allowing users to create personal or business webpages with no or minimal coding experience required. In our Digital Media program, we allow students to utilize Wix to build a web portfolio for their work, including photography, graphic designs, and video productions. We also utilize Wix for a course overview site for new and prospective students to view past projects, learn more about our program, and to contact us with questions via a web form on the site.
  • Easy to use interface
  • No coding required
  • ADI Service: can build the website for you by answering a few questions
  • Generic/Basic templates
  • Simple sites
Wix is a great tool/utility for individuals or businesses looking to build a simple, but effective website. Business owners can go from website concept to published in less than an hour, showcasing their product without the overwhelming process of planning and designing from scratch. What Wix provides in accessibility, it loses in detailed customization. The Wix templates provide a robust palette of design tools, settings, functions, and options, but it still does not compare to having a professionally designed website tailored specifically to your business and product.
Read Dan Talvi's full review
Sundeep Gopal profile photo
Wix was used to create a website and I should say that it was quite easy to create. The time it took to create the website was very minimal and the collaboration on Wix was near perfect, Wix made the work easy by providing the templates to choose from and ADI was very neat in preparing the first draft. We did not have trouble creating the website even though we did not have any experience in website development.
  • Wix provides templates according to your business. Most of the times these are enough to create the first draft.
  • The editor is very good and easy to use.
  • The collaboration works like a charm wherein every stakeholder can make the changes themselves with any dependencies.
  • Sometimes it becomes tricky to shift from editor to ADI.
  • There are certain functionalities in the editor which can become quite hard to use and understand.
  • There is a room for a lot of improvement in terms of mobile responsiveness, most of the times the websites look messy.
I would recommend Wix to small and medium enterprises any day because of its functionalities and ease of use. However, things will get tricky if you are trying to create a complex website. Wix is easy to use and anyone using this can get a website up and running in no time. Wix has been a real lifesaver for us since we are being quoted too high for a website or the necessary designs were not available.
Read Sundeep Gopal's full review
Matt Graf profile photo
We used Wix when we were shopping around for a way to build a simple website with a custom domain name and a blog. Wix is one of the most simple and user-friendly ways to build your website.
  • Wix is easy to use.
  • Wix is a cost-effective way to build a website.
  • Wix makes building a website a more stress-free experience.
  • My experience with Wix was positive. No immediate issues to report.
Wix is really great at being user-friendly and intuitive. It is easy to use and takes the stress out of building your first website.
Read Matt Graf's full review
We are using Wix to build our main website. We hold about 60 events a year, plus produce a radio show, so I'm using a combination of Wix code and Airtable to make this a database-driven site with dynamic pages. This will make us far more efficient and accurate than the current way we do it (creating all pages manually in Weebly).
  • Wix allows a lot of flexibility in design. For me as a designer and a brand manager, that's very important.
  • Wix has a lot of the current options for page design, such as parallax, video backgrounds, and the like.
  • Wix code allows us to create dynamic pages, and do custom things previously only possible on a very costly custom-made site.
  • Wix's design features can be a curse as much as a blessing. It's tempting to use animation and overdo it on big images but they'll kill page load time and at a certain point become detrimental to usability.
  • Wix code is not for the faint of heart. You have to be willing to dive into the world of Javascript and relational databases. Not as "out-of-the-box" as their marketing would like you to believe. Still, powerful though.
  • On certain things, such as buttons for example, they need to make them more style-based. Each button on the site is essentially custom designed by you. So if you decide you want the button style different, you have to manually redesign it for every instance on the site. No universal CSS change for that.
To me Wix is better for slightly more advanced users. A big downside is that it's adpative, not responsive. So the more custom your design gets, the more you will be working separately on your mobile pages. If you want something that truly takes no knowledge of website building, look elsewhere. I also wouldn't implement this if you have a team of direct contributors that aren't website or design people. There's just not enough restriction there, too much power for them to make a mess.
Wix is being used by me to promote my freelancing art/design business. It displays my personal projects as well as client projects I’ve completed. It solves the problem of providing an accessible platform for potential clients to look at the design services I have to offer.
  • Image hosting: seriously love that if you upload a reasonably sized image, it loads in a snap
  • Ease of design: I can design a website from the ground up pretty quickly just with a few clicks
  • Great templates: if you’re not very design-oriented, there are great defaults to get you started with to help develop ideas of your own.
  • No coding necessary: you don’t need to code to create a great looking site.
  • I think if I had to see something different, it would be increased control of certain aspects of the templates
  • Ability to add your own font file would be nice, as having to conform to a small library of fonts doesn’t help when I need uniformity for my brand
  • Better mobile support for certain design functions: some designs I pick just don’t look that great on mobile such as a carousel design to flip through images. It looks clunky.
  • The ability to change the design formats on mobile separately from desktop to ensure a nice flowing site would be immensely helpful
Wix is perfect for your small or freelancing business to display your product. It has the ability for multiple pages, image, and video hosting, as well as linking to other pages from images, to name a few. I wouldn’t recommend it for totally unique websites as there isn’t complete control over the design aspect, so any advanced designs you’re better off getting someone to code it for you from the ground up.
We use Wix when it comes to having students create websites, teacher blogs/doc logs, students digital portfolios, etc. It is often part of a choice that teachers share with their students when they have an assignment/creative task and are looking for a program to design a website. I have found that teachers across all subjects and departments and across our district have utilized Wix in one way or another. Website design in general, or having students create sites in which they share their information with a wider audience is a great skill that they need to practice and Wix helps with this.
  • Easy drag and drop features let users create an engaging website with ease.
  • Professional layouts and designs take the guesswork out of the creation and allow more time to be spent on the content.
  • The ability to add features/integrations like a store, feedback or comment options, and more interactive tools can go a long way in personalizing the site.
  • Even though drag and drop makes things easier, at times there is difficulty getting things to fit where and how you want. Maybe have a way for the item be influenced by other features around it to make it fit better?
  • The templates are great for students to get started, but more options and maybe some more modern designs (ex WordPress/Squarespace) would be nice.
  • A better data and analytics feature. WordPress nails this and I wish other website programs would do something similar.
Wix is perfect when being used with students who need to create an online project, website, portfolio, or use this as part of a bigger project around a social media campaign. I have found that when given the choice of using various website programs, students often flock to Wix or Weebly. The drag and drop builder/editor is something they appreciate or feel more comfortable with, especially for those students who aren't as tech savvy or website design literate. However, those students who are more advanced or are looking for something more will probably do well with a program like WordPress or Squarespace.
I used Wix to build my first website, so the problem it solved was getting me my first, rudimentary online presence. Their marketing messages are correct: even a technology and design novice can use Wix to build a passable, even attractive, website. If you're not excited about embarking down a big learning curve to get a website up and running, and you need something that's relatively simple, Wix may be a fine choice for you.
  • It gets you a website up fast. If you need a website and you need it now, its templates will do the trick, and some of the templates are nice and reflect current design trends.
  • It offers rudimentary plug-ins such as contact forms, calendar widgets, newsletter signups, and the like. Because it's all made in-house (or at least approved), you don't have to worry about something not working properly or crashing your site.
  • They can take care of the technical stuff for you, including registering and hosting your domain. Wix can truly be a one-stop shop for your website.
  • The feature set is extremely limited. There's just so much you can't do with Wix. You're stuck with only the tools they give you, so if your company grows and you need something more robust, you'll need to start from scratch with something else.
  • While some of the templates are modern, the majority look severely outdated and will hurt your brand more than help it.
  • While they have a "pixel perfect" drag and drop editor, allowing you to move elements with extreme precision, the trade-off is that sometimes the elements don't display properly on mobile, no matter how much you tweak them.
I would only recommend Wix to someone in the following circumstances.
1. On a tight budget and can't afford a more robust solution
2. Extreme technophobe and terrified of the prospect of registering domains, obtaining hosting, etc.
3. Wants a website up FAST without wanting to deal with the complexities of WordPress
4. Has a very small business (maybe a solo business) and is comfortable with a website that's more of a static brochure than interactive and modern.
Unless all of those are true, I'd suggest something else. However, if 1-4 apply to you, you can feel confident with Wix.
We use Wix to develop customer friendly, easy to use websites with advanced integration options for our clients. It is useful in the context of developing these websites but not for other purposes, which saves us from actually hiring a developer and manually coding and developing a website directly, which would be much more expensive even if it had more customizable options.
  • Customizations
  • Integrations
  • Built-in graphics
  • Relatively glitchy
  • Sometimes hard to use
  • Drag and drop has difficulties sometimes.
Very well suited software for developing websites that need high levels of customization without the headache that is actual web development and coding. It is also much more affordable for those very purposes, and therefore a great alternative to traditionally developed websites via web developers.
Deven Bhagwandin profile photo
I've used Wix to set up a personal website for myself. That website serves as my personal portfolio and my resume. I have about 6-10 pages on it. With the numerous templates that Wix provides, I was able to browse ideas and then build my own site using a number of techniques I saw. I did the same thing for a client of mine who had already bought the premium Wix package but then decided they did not want to take the time to set up their site themselves. For them, I was able to build a 20-page website highlighting their services as well as add a blog and an event page for them.
  • Wix provides new users with templates so that you can really get a site up and running within an hour or so.
  • Wix publishes a daily blog that teaches you how to use their website as well as other digital marketing skills such as SEO.
  • If you're willing and have the time, you can customize your site down to the last detail.
  • In my experience, Wix has trouble working with Chrome. The click and drag features are jumpy at times causing misplaced images and text.
  • Again, with Chrome, it seems that the site editor/interface is very slow to load.
  • If you're looking to customize your site to its fullest, you will have to upgrade to a paid account.
Wix is especially well suited for a person who is not familiar with building a website. It can be used by kids. It is very well equipped for small businesses who want to have an attractive, eye-catching site. Also, it is great for e-Commerce. If you or your company requires a unique website that is professionally done and will attract B2B or B2C clients with a higher price point, you may want to higher professional web designer instead of using Wix.
Read Deven Bhagwandin's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
I use Wix to present myself and my freelance writing business online. I built a simple website to showcase myself, what I offer, and a blog. Wix was easy to use to build my website, has a lot of tools and options I may never even use, and offers website hosting, personalized email, tracking, SEO tools, pretty much everything I need to manage my online presence.
  • Easy drag-and-drop website building and customization.
  • SEO and marketing tips to get site listed on Google.
  • Website building wizard for even easier website building.
  • Website hosting is easy to manage.
  • Personalized email for marketing consistency.
  • Blog could use updating, particularly in formatting. Doesn't follow the rest of my website's settings.
  • Would like to see more automated social sharing.
I think Wix could be useful for any size company. I'm a sole proprietor, with little website building experience, and Wix's wizard and drag-n-drop tools make website building and hosting easy. Wix also has the ability to accept custom code, so it could be useful for more experienced website builders. Wix might be useful for larger companies, too, but it seems to be built more for small companies looking to establish their online presence.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Naomi Marie Brand profile photo
We use Wix for our primary website, it houses basic information about the company, provides some educational information and has some lead generation contact forms.
  • I think if you need a very basic website as a novice it is pretty accessible.
  • I found Wix doesn't play well with other programs. For example when we were using LeadPages it did not integrate well at all with and as I prefer the LeadPage platform for landing pages it was quite frustrating.
  • MailChimp doesn't integrate with Wix well either and I had to rely on Zapier to the automation. As someone who has used WordPress for years and seeing that they integrate easily with many of the common digital sales platform I feel that Wix just isn't cutting it.
I think Wix is great for those who are just creating a website to have a digital pretense but don't need a lot of customer interaction on the page.
Read Naomi Marie Brand's full review
Parikshit Potnuri profile photo
September 14, 2018

Websites made easy!

Wix was helpful for us to build a really neat website in a very short amount of time, Wix is used by the administration and the marketing department mainly to communicate with our audience and also to let people know about important events that come up. Wix was really instrumental for us in zeroing on the website design and helped us put it up. The best thing about Wix is that it has many templates and you will get suggestions according to type of business, this has made our work very easy.
  • Wix has a lot of templates, Wix suggests templates according to the kind of business which makes work very easy.
  • The Wix ADI is great because it is easy to setup the whole website rather than picking and choosing each and every element.
  • Wix help's you with previews on browsers as well as mobile. The websites created are responsive and look great both on computers and mobile devices.
  • Wix ADI though it is great has a lot of room for improvement. There can be more templates that can be added.
  • If you quit the ADI it is little tricky to get back into ADI.
  • The editor is great but can be a little more easy to use. There is a slight learning curve involved.
I had experience using other website creators but none were close to the simplicity Wix provided. Wix made the whole process easy and helped us set up the website within a couple of days. The Wix ADI was really helpful because of the templates the ease it provided with the themes.
Read Parikshit Potnuri's full review
I used Wix at my last nonprofit to host our organization's website and facilitate donations and volunteers. I also use Wix to host my personal portfolio. Wix works well for those who need to build a website but do not want to invest in a developer. It gives you a lot of options to customize with drag and drop features and is truly the most customizable non-HTML platform I have worked with.
  • Drag and drop elements, with tons of flexibility
  • No grid system allows you to truly customize details
  • Options to use more complex functions like page anchors, light boxes, animations that are not available without code on Squarespace
  • Due to a lack of grid and universal design settings, it is a headache to adjust your site or your design (fonts, colors, shapes, etc)
  • Lots of click fatigue to customize, not always great at showing relevant "custom objects" based on your site
  • Easy to misalign objects and create messy pages
Wix is great if you have a great eye for design and are trying to build a beautiful, unique site. It is not great for multi-page sites, as it is hard to create cohesion across the pages, and the universal settings are not great. If you think you may want to make extreme changes to your site at a later time, I would recommend Squarespace, which is less custom but more manageable for large updates.
We used Wix to create our website for our business, one of the challenges we found was that we were getting the website creators but they were not able to deliver a website of our liking since we had 5 decision makers. This is the challenge Wix helped us with, we have created multiple logins with Wix and asked the contributors about the progress and make changes according to their needs. Within a couple of weeks, we have created a simple business which was serving the purpose.
  • You can create a visually appealing website with no coding experience.
  • Wix helps you with SEO and other stuff even if you don't have good exposure towards marketing.
  • It has a lot of easy to use plug-ins which help you market the website easily.
  • One of the points is pricing, for developing nations, there could be a separate pricing since not everyone could afford the subscription rates.
  • Though working on WIX is easy, once you leave the ADI, things get little complication and you need to spend time learning things
  • Since WIX also provides hosting, the subscription should be recurring if the website needs to stay live.
If your business can't afford a website designer and you can spend some time creating a website, Wix will be best suited for since you need not learn a lot and there is no coding required. However, things are going to get expensive as you move forward because you need to have a recurring subscription.
I have used Wix for various things such as creating 2 business websites, an ePortfolio and am now currently building a blog site for a group that I started a few months ago. The process with creating the websites, ePortfolio and blog are very seamless. Of course, it's tedious work that you have to be willing to put forth at the beginning but I like that Wix provides various tools for you to add to your site that gives it a "good" flair like no other. You're able to add contact pages, change the style of your background/page, add additional pages to your site, and design your page as you see fit for your business and/or idea.

There's various other tools you can incorporate within your site such as videos, html coding, shapes, images, slideshow images, buttons, text, embed coding and more. I've found these tools to be useful and it has helped to bring my sites to life and made them more attractive because they were available, and free of charge to include on your site.
  • It's user-friendly and pretty easy to navigate and set up your page whether it's a website or blog.
  • The themes Wix provide are pretty broad when it comes to industry theme choices and appear are professional.
  • Wix have additional you can add to your site that helps bring it to life such as videos, images, shapes, various text, interactive tools, etc.
  • I'm finding it a bit challenging when creating multiple blogs on a page. I wish there were step by step instructions that can be easily and readily available for someone new to creating a blog page on Wix.
I think for people who are just getting started with a business, wanting to create a e-Portfolio for job seeking, creating a blog for personal or professional use, I think Wix is a great (free) service to start with. It's very user friendly, it seems to have most of what you are looking for when creating various things such as what I named above and the overall look of the product once you've completed your project looks very professional and clean.
Kalyn Hoffman profile photo
We have transferred over several of our business needs into Wix such as payment processing, email management, domain name hosting, and website building. Previously, we were using GoDaddy for our domain name, email management, and website hosting. Wix has helped us become more self-sufficient with more control over what we are publishing.
  • Love the drag and drop system! It is completely customizable and helps you decide what you want so you do not have to have all the answers. Truly is a great option for nonprofits and businesses alike.
  • Easy SEO management and clear reporting options. This helps us to have all of our website and external marketing on one platform WHILE understanding how it is working. We are able to make adjustments based on what visitors are responding to.
  • Love all the widget options. Wix has several applications and add-ons to meet any needs you might have. We utilize this such as video publishing, blog, and several customizable button options.
  • Since the website builder utilizes a drag and drop system, it can take a bit longer to load your page. It's a good idea to adjust the size of any photos or media that is inserted to help alleviate this problem.
  • We signed up during a promotional period. Our contract has not expired yet but I am nervous that the prices take quite a jump after the initial contract period.
  • There is great customer service but not a lot of help available online. I would like to see better help manuals.
Wix is great for experienced website people and completely new people. That is why we chose this option. For us, we do not have any experience with coding so to be able to edit the entire site yourself was a breath of fresh air! It has been great to completely customize our branding and maintain control.
Read Kalyn Hoffman's full review

Role-based user permissions (32)
API (22)
Internationalization / multi-language (14)
WYSIWYG editor (49)
Code quality / cleanliness (40)
Admin section (52)
Page templates (56)
Library of website themes (55)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (56)
Publishing workflow (47)
Form generator (45)
Content taxonomy (38)
SEO support (45)
Bulk management (25)
Availability / breadth of extensions (39)
Community / comment management (31)

About Wix

Wix is a free hosted website builder, designed to be user-friendly and highly customizable without requiring coding from the user. It is well-known for its eCommerce solution, which allows users to build an online store.

Wix includes customizable HTML5 templates that can be used with its drag n' drop website builder. The vendor also offers 24/7 support and an App Market with over 200 apps. (These paid apps, as well as professional services offered by Wix, allow the company to make money while keeping its hosting service free.)

Wix Technical Details