https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/dG/43/7JMDZ1W5TQKD.PNGBest place to design a website for your businessWix is the core of my production business as well as the websites I create for other businesses. It's used on a daily basis to create and design websites. I also use Wix for my blog.,It's easy to use and learn There are a lot of great functions Great customer support Affordable Lots of design maneuverability,Some of the features do not work consistently or they are not able to be seen at all times. There are frequent bugs. SEO optimization can be improved. They removed some features that I cannot get back. Form builder applications and plug ins can be slow to set up and slow to load. Cannot customize certain features. Handling the footer section can provide issues. Event application / plug in has basic features but mostly not useful. Paid plug ins don't work well or fast enough. Paypal buttons take a long time to load. Repeater boxes don't work well. It doesn't allow you to copy and paste a section from one website design to another website design, which is an important function for saving time when managing multiple business websites.,10,It's had a very positive overall ROI. Because of the limited functions, there is a lot of room for improvement. Most customers ask how to improve their SEO, but Wix only provides basic SEO optimization.,Squarespace and WordPress,WordPress, Squarespace,Developer,100-1,000 pagesWix is great for Small to Mid-Size Businesses!I've used Wix to set up a personal website for myself. That website serves as my personal portfolio and my resume. I have about 6-10 pages on it. With the numerous templates that Wix provides, I was able to browse ideas and then build my own site using a number of techniques I saw. I did the same thing for a client of mine who had already bought the premium Wix package but then decided they did not want to take the time to set up their site themselves. For them, I was able to build a 20-page website highlighting their services as well as add a blog and an event page for them.,Wix provides new users with templates so that you can really get a site up and running within an hour or so. Wix publishes a daily blog that teaches you how to use their website as well as other digital marketing skills such as SEO. If you're willing and have the time, you can customize your site down to the last detail.,In my experience, Wix has trouble working with Chrome. The click and drag features are jumpy at times causing misplaced images and text. Again, with Chrome, it seems that the site editor/interface is very slow to load. If you're looking to customize your site to its fullest, you will have to upgrade to a paid account.,8,For clients, it has had a positive ROI. The site I built for them using Wix was able to function as their hub for events and for marketing their events. For myself, it has had a small negative impact. I've let my premium account expire due to not needing it anymore. For generating leads for my freelance business I've found that LinkedIn is by far the better choice. Overall, I have been able to add my experience using Wix to my personal portfolio and resume. I can advise clients on its pros and cons as well as jump in and help them with the Wix interface if they ask me to do so.,,WordPress, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesWix Website Builder and Hosting - All the Best Tools for a Stunning WebsiteI use Wix to present myself and my freelance writing business online. I built a simple website to showcase myself, what I offer, and a blog. Wix was easy to use to build my website, has a lot of tools and options I may never even use, and offers website hosting, personalized email, tracking, SEO tools, pretty much everything I need to manage my online presence.,Easy drag-and-drop website building and customization. SEO and marketing tips to get site listed on Google. Website building wizard for even easier website building. Website hosting is easy to manage. Personalized email for marketing consistency.,Blog could use updating, particularly in formatting. Doesn't follow the rest of my website's settings. Would like to see more automated social sharing.,10,Since launching my Wix website, I've seen a noticeable increase in client inquiries. Managing my blog is much easier with the Wix app, so I spend less time on this. Because everything Wix is online, there's no fuss uploading and updating my site. Just hit "Publish" and it's live!,Google Domains,Apache OpenOffice, Freelancer.com, Google Drive, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office 2016, Nitro Productivity Suite, QuickBooks Self-Employed, Skype, Skyword, Slack, Todoist, Toggl, UberConference, Upwork,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesEhhh skip it and use WordPressWe use Wix for our primary website, it houses basic information about the company, provides some educational information and has some lead generation contact forms.,I think if you need a very basic website as a novice it is pretty accessible.,I found Wix doesn't play well with other programs. For example when we were using LeadPages it did not integrate well at all with and as I prefer the LeadPage platform for landing pages it was quite frustrating. MailChimp doesn't integrate with Wix well either and I had to rely on Zapier to the automation. As someone who has used WordPress for years and seeing that they integrate easily with many of the common digital sales platform I feel that Wix just isn't cutting it.,2,Honestly I don't think the website has really helped us achieve or lead generation of goals by any means as most of the programs in our sales funnel don't integrate well with Wix.,WordPress,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesWebsites made easy!Wix was helpful for us to build a really neat website in a very short amount of time, Wix is used by the administration and the marketing department mainly to communicate with our audience and also to let people know about important events that come up. Wix was really instrumental for us in zeroing on the website design and helped us put it up. The best thing about Wix is that it has many templates and you will get suggestions according to type of business, this has made our work very easy.,Wix has a lot of templates, Wix suggests templates according to the kind of business which makes work very easy. The Wix ADI is great because it is easy to setup the whole website rather than picking and choosing each and every element. Wix help's you with previews on browsers as well as mobile. The websites created are responsive and look great both on computers and mobile devices.,Wix ADI though it is great has a lot of room for improvement. There can be more templates that can be added. If you quit the ADI it is little tricky to get back into ADI. The editor is great but can be a little more easy to use. There is a slight learning curve involved.,10,Wix had helped us build a beautiful website with in a short time. We didn't have negative impacts using Wix whatsoever. Overall we had a good experience.,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pages
Wix

Wix Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Wix
Top Rated Award
Filter 155 vetted Wix reviews and ratings
Marian Lee profile photo
November 15, 2018

Wix Review: "Best place to design a website for your business"

• It's easy to use and learn
  • There are a lot of great functions
  • Great customer support
  • Affordable
  • Lots of design maneuverability
  • Some of the features do not work consistently or they are not able to be seen at all times.
  • There are frequent bugs.
  • SEO optimization can be improved.
  • They removed some features that I cannot get back.
  • Form builder applications and plug ins can be slow to set up and slow to load.
  • Cannot customize certain features.
  • Handling the footer section can provide issues.
  • Event application / plug in has basic features but mostly not useful.
  • Paid plug ins don't work well or fast enough.
  • Paypal buttons take a long time to load.
  • Repeater boxes don't work well.
  • It doesn't allow you to copy and paste a section from one website design to another website design, which is an important function for saving time when managing multiple business websites.
Great for building a website for any kind of business.
Read Marian Lee's full review
Deven Bhagwandin profile photo
June 28, 2018

Review: "Wix is great for Small to Mid-Size Businesses!"

• Wix provides new users with templates so that you can really get a site up and running within an hour or so.
  • Wix publishes a daily blog that teaches you how to use their website as well as other digital marketing skills such as SEO.
  • If you're willing and have the time, you can customize your site down to the last detail.
  • In my experience, Wix has trouble working with Chrome. The click and drag features are jumpy at times causing misplaced images and text.
  • Again, with Chrome, it seems that the site editor/interface is very slow to load.
  • If you're looking to customize your site to its fullest, you will have to upgrade to a paid account.
Wix is especially well suited for a person who is not familiar with building a website. It can be used by kids. It is very well equipped for small businesses who want to have an attractive, eye-catching site. Also, it is great for e-Commerce. If you or your company requires a unique website that is professionally done and will attract B2B or B2C clients with a higher price point, you may want to higher professional web designer instead of using Wix.
Read Deven Bhagwandin's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
July 21, 2018

Review: "Wix Website Builder and Hosting - All the Best Tools for a Stunning Website"

• Easy drag-and-drop website building and customization.
  • SEO and marketing tips to get site listed on Google.
  • Website building wizard for even easier website building.
  • Website hosting is easy to manage.
  • Personalized email for marketing consistency.
  • Blog could use updating, particularly in formatting. Doesn't follow the rest of my website's settings.
  • Would like to see more automated social sharing.
I think Wix could be useful for any size company. I'm a sole proprietor, with little website building experience, and Wix's wizard and drag-n-drop tools make website building and hosting easy. Wix also has the ability to accept custom code, so it could be useful for more experienced website builders. Wix might be useful for larger companies, too, but it seems to be built more for small companies looking to establish their online presence.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Naomi Marie Brand profile photo
June 29, 2018

Wix Review: "Ehhh skip it and use WordPress"

• I think if you need a very basic website as a novice it is pretty accessible.
  • I found Wix doesn't play well with other programs. For example when we were using LeadPages it did not integrate well at all with and as I prefer the LeadPage platform for landing pages it was quite frustrating.
  • MailChimp doesn't integrate with Wix well either and I had to rely on Zapier to the automation. As someone who has used WordPress for years and seeing that they integrate easily with many of the common digital sales platform I feel that Wix just isn't cutting it.
I think Wix is great for those who are just creating a website to have a digital pretense but don't need a lot of customer interaction on the page.
Read Naomi Marie Brand's full review
Parikshit Potnuri profile photo
September 14, 2018

Wix Review: "Websites made easy!"

• Wix has a lot of templates, Wix suggests templates according to the kind of business which makes work very easy.
  • The Wix ADI is great because it is easy to setup the whole website rather than picking and choosing each and every element.
  • Wix help's you with previews on browsers as well as mobile. The websites created are responsive and look great both on computers and mobile devices.
  • Wix ADI though it is great has a lot of room for improvement. There can be more templates that can be added.
  • If you quit the ADI it is little tricky to get back into ADI.
  • The editor is great but can be a little more easy to use. There is a slight learning curve involved.
I had experience using other website creators but none were close to the simplicity Wix provided. Wix made the whole process easy and helped us set up the website within a couple of days. The Wix ADI was really helpful because of the templates the ease it provided with the themes.
Read Parikshit Potnuri's full review
November 21, 2018

Review: "Wix: a very dynamic website creator for us coding dummies!"

Wix is being used by me to promote my freelancing art/design business. It displays my personal projects as well as client projects I’ve completed. It solves the problem of providing an accessible platform for potential clients to look at the design services I have to offer.
  • Image hosting: seriously love that if you upload a reasonably sized image, it loads in a snap
  • Ease of design: I can design a website from the ground up pretty quickly just with a few clicks
  • Great templates: if you’re not very design-oriented, there are great defaults to get you started with to help develop ideas of your own.
  • No coding necessary: you don’t need to code to create a great looking site.
  • I think if I had to see something different, it would be increased control of certain aspects of the templates
  • Ability to add your own font file would be nice, as having to conform to a small library of fonts doesn’t help when I need uniformity for my brand
  • Better mobile support for certain design functions: some designs I pick just don’t look that great on mobile such as a carousel design to flip through images. It looks clunky.
  • The ability to change the design formats on mobile separately from desktop to ensure a nice flowing site would be immensely helpful
Wix is perfect for your small or freelancing business to display your product. It has the ability for multiple pages, image, and video hosting, as well as linking to other pages from images, to name a few. I wouldn’t recommend it for totally unique websites as there isn’t complete control over the design aspect, so any advanced designs you’re better off getting someone to code it for you from the ground up.
July 03, 2018

Review: "Wix is Fast and Easy but can get a little heavy on your pocket."

We used Wix to create our website for our business, one of the challenges we found was that we were getting the website creators but they were not able to deliver a website of our liking since we had 5 decision makers. This is the challenge Wix helped us with, we have created multiple logins with Wix and asked the contributors about the progress and make changes according to their needs. Within a couple of weeks, we have created a simple business which was serving the purpose.
  • You can create a visually appealing website with no coding experience.
  • Wix helps you with SEO and other stuff even if you don't have good exposure towards marketing.
  • It has a lot of easy to use plug-ins which help you market the website easily.
  • One of the points is pricing, for developing nations, there could be a separate pricing since not everyone could afford the subscription rates.
  • Though working on WIX is easy, once you leave the ADI, things get little complication and you need to spend time learning things
  • Since WIX also provides hosting, the subscription should be recurring if the website needs to stay live.
If your business can't afford a website designer and you can spend some time creating a website, Wix will be best suited for since you need not learn a lot and there is no coding required. However, things are going to get expensive as you move forward because you need to have a recurring subscription.
June 24, 2018

User Review: "WIX may be YOUR "Fix""

I have used Wix for various things such as creating 2 business websites, an ePortfolio and am now currently building a blog site for a group that I started a few months ago. The process with creating the websites, ePortfolio and blog are very seamless. Of course, it's tedious work that you have to be willing to put forth at the beginning but I like that Wix provides various tools for you to add to your site that gives it a "good" flair like no other. You're able to add contact pages, change the style of your background/page, add additional pages to your site, and design your page as you see fit for your business and/or idea.

There's various other tools you can incorporate within your site such as videos, html coding, shapes, images, slideshow images, buttons, text, embed coding and more. I've found these tools to be useful and it has helped to bring my sites to life and made them more attractive because they were available, and free of charge to include on your site.
  • It's user-friendly and pretty easy to navigate and set up your page whether it's a website or blog.
  • The themes Wix provide are pretty broad when it comes to industry theme choices and appear are professional.
  • Wix have additional you can add to your site that helps bring it to life such as videos, images, shapes, various text, interactive tools, etc.
  • I'm finding it a bit challenging when creating multiple blogs on a page. I wish there were step by step instructions that can be easily and readily available for someone new to creating a blog page on Wix.
I think for people who are just getting started with a business, wanting to create a e-Portfolio for job seeking, creating a blog for personal or professional use, I think Wix is a great (free) service to start with. It's very user friendly, it seems to have most of what you are looking for when creating various things such as what I named above and the overall look of the product once you've completed your project looks very professional and clean.
Heath Achatz profile photo
March 28, 2018

Review: "Wix Fast and Free to Start, But Should You?"

Wix is used for managing a website. It contains current information, archives, and events calendar and a gallery. Wix is used by three people to manage the website. It is a fairly user friendly way to build a website once the user becomes familiar with the setup. The Free package is nice but paid does seem better.
  • Wix makes it easy for users with no coding experience to create a visually appealing website.
  • Wix has a variety of plug-ins including, galleries, forums, chat, blogging, Instagram, counter, PDF viewer, and many more.
  • Wix is also connected with a large variety of third-party apps that can be used such as chatbot, contact form, Eventbrite, and Event Viewer.
  • While Wix appears to make itself user friendly, there is a lot of apps that are unnecessary that must be waded through. When you are trying something new it is actually complex, until you get the "hang of it".
  • Without a paid subscription Wix does not populate on Google searches very well.
  • Wix hosts its pages, and again if you do not have a paid subscription the loading can be slow and burdensome.
Wix works well if a user has had some experience with building a website before using a website wizard and has no coding experience. Wix does offer a lot of features for free, but paid is better. For a couple page website the free option would be great, but if you want to host events or sell items, the paid option is needed.
Read Heath Achatz's full review
Kalyn Hoffman profile photo
February 09, 2018

Wix Review: "Complete customization from start to finish"

We have transferred over several of our business needs into Wix such as payment processing, email management, domain name hosting, and website building. Previously, we were using GoDaddy for our domain name, email management, and website hosting. Wix has helped us become more self-sufficient with more control over what we are publishing.
  • Love the drag and drop system! It is completely customizable and helps you decide what you want so you do not have to have all the answers. Truly is a great option for nonprofits and businesses alike.
  • Easy SEO management and clear reporting options. This helps us to have all of our website and external marketing on one platform WHILE understanding how it is working. We are able to make adjustments based on what visitors are responding to.
  • Love all the widget options. Wix has several applications and add-ons to meet any needs you might have. We utilize this such as video publishing, blog, and several customizable button options.
  • Since the website builder utilizes a drag and drop system, it can take a bit longer to load your page. It's a good idea to adjust the size of any photos or media that is inserted to help alleviate this problem.
  • We signed up during a promotional period. Our contract has not expired yet but I am nervous that the prices take quite a jump after the initial contract period.
  • There is great customer service but not a lot of help available online. I would like to see better help manuals.
Wix is great for experienced website people and completely new people. That is why we chose this option. For us, we do not have any experience with coding so to be able to edit the entire site yourself was a breath of fresh air! It has been great to completely customize our branding and maintain control.
Read Kalyn Hoffman's full review
Olivia Capizzi profile photo
May 07, 2018

User Review: "Wonderful wonderful Wix"

We use Wix for our website. I use it almost every day to push out Shoutouts, manage lead forms, etc. It helps start our sales funnel currently.
  • Wix is great at drag-and-drop customization for your website
  • They're nice as a catch-all for website and CRM in one
  • Their support team is always on top of things and will help me personally with my site if needed. So awesome.
  • Wix could be better at customization on the edges of a webpage. You feel kind of constrained after a while.
  • Mobile formatting could be better within Wix, you can't add any additional tools only subtract them from the existing site.
  • I don't love the user interface, I wish it was more sleek and modernized adult.
When you're designing websites for clients who want to have SOME capabilities on their websites, it's great. It is less awesome for companies that want a customized software with their website.
Read Olivia Capizzi's full review
Ai Ashe profile photo
March 05, 2018

User Review: "Wix for education"

Wix is used by the students as a digital portfolio to document learning and post a demo reel.
  • Clean interface
  • Easy to navigate
  • Great looking templates with a variety of themes
  • Easy to set up
  • Add education templates
  • When I clicked to change the template, it didn't display the templates in the selected category until I refreshed. Maybe the Internet is a bit slow tonight.
It is suited for all personal or business sites. I can't think of any scenarios where it is less appropriate. The templates are rich in design and users have a lot of flexibilities in customizing it.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Mandy Cramer profile photo
February 28, 2018

Wix Review: "Cleanliness is Godliness, and this is not clean."

Wix is a great starter website option for clients that need a website ASAP. Wix gets the job done if you need to just get a landing page and some basic information onto the web. I don't personally recommend it as my first go-to option unless I'm working with inexperienced people. It's best for people who don't really know what they're doing or how to do design.

I began using Wix when I was starting out for a portfolio web option, but at the time they didn't have a decent built-in blog platform and I wanted to be able to have a blog as well. It looks like they've now built that in as an App and it seems better than before, but there still doesn't seem to be as much customization as I'd like. I do like their additional ADI (Advanced Digital Intelligence) that does assist in creating a basic website to start with. I think this is ideal for someone who doesn't have any clue how to get started on a website.
  • Apps. Wix provides many add ons or apps to put on you website for whatever needs you might have.
  • Themes! So many to choose from!
  • Free option. While I don't think any serious business owner should use the free option since it has ads, it's still an option.
  • Inability to change themes. Once you've chosen a theme, you're locked into it until you build a new web page. Then you have to transfer all your information and premium over.
  • Weak UX
  • Ads
As mentioned before, I do think that Wix is a bit of a more amateur web design option and would only recommend it to someone with a business that doesn't want to pay a designer. As a graphic designer myself, I always recommend businesses just pay a designer who wants to get to know their brand, but if you're the kind of person who doesn't feel like paying for good quality design work, then Wix is an okay option for creating a quick website. Again, I do think their overall look is pretty amateur looking, but it does get the job done. I definitely recommend it over Squarespace when it comes to simplicity for designing. To me, Wix is the web-builder for someone who doesn't have patience and/or money to waste on a website.
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Brooke Degnan profile photo
February 19, 2018

Wix Review: "Easy Peasy!"

We needed a fluid website at a low cost and looked for software with a simple learning curve - Wix fit the bill to a T.
  • Extremely easy to use
  • Low Cost structure
  • Modern Templates
  • Integrated/less clunky SEO assistance. Some of the associated apps are questionable.
  • An additional pricing tier with SEO support/modification would be worth every penny.
Wix is ideal for any small company looking to save money and create a website in house. Wix requires no prior knowledge and is completely simple to use in terms of building and publishing websites. Once published, however, you will need at least a basic understanding of SEO or you will need a third party app for optimization.
Read Brooke Degnan's full review
Emily Westergaard profile photo
February 02, 2018

User Review: "Wix Makes Web Design Easy"

As a small nonprofit, we are able to create a functional and professional website with little web development knowledge, and we can update it quickly and from any computer. The ability to manage content and quickly make changes/updates is so important for us.

Within our staff of 6 people, two of us manage the Wix site regularly.
  • If you know how to make basic design features in InDesign or even Microsoft Word, you can use Wix. The tools to add graphics, photos, buttons, and other content are easy to intuitively figure out and you can move them around easily.
  • Wix customer service is also some of the best I've dealt with. They have helped us trouble shoot domain registry issues, technical glitches on the website, and other questions. They are super quick to respond and very helpful.
  • We also really like the Wix templates. We're almost ready to publish a newly designed and organized website, and found the templates available on Wix to be beautifully designed and easily customized to fit our needs.
  • It takes time to build each page in a way that fits with the other pages. The templates I've found haven't quite worked for me, so its a lot of building pages, copying pages, and reformatting things.
  • We have some trouble sometimes with formatting pictures so they work in the different templates. This difficulty is more likely a function of our limited design capacity and not an inherent fault of Wix. We would appreciate tutorials explaining how the photo blocks can be used more easily.
My brain simply does not work with WordPress, which is the platform we switched from three years ago. It's must more similar to building pages in Adobe, and seems far more intuitive than other website builders I've used in the past.

I absolutely recommend Wix for anyone tasked with managing a website who doesn't have a specific background in web development. I can translate my Adobe knowledge into functional use with Wix pretty quickly.
Read Emily Westergaard's full review
Richard Molina profile photo
May 10, 2018

Review: "Wix is the best option if you want to create a page without knowing programming."

The most practical use of Wix is that it allows you to create professional quality web pages quickly without the need for extensive programming knowledge.
  • development of web pages without knowledge of programming
  • creation of fast and functional prototypes.
  • powerful and self-managing web pages.
  • free pages with a lot of publicity.
  • free pages that do not allow you to choose a full domain name without advertising.
  • very elaborate mobile applications.
It is useful to create web pages easily for presentations, clients and demonstrations quickly.
Read Richard Molina's full review
June 06, 2018

Wix Review: "Great for no-code customization, bad global updating"

I used Wix at my last nonprofit to host our organization's website and facilitate donations and volunteers. I also use Wix to host my personal portfolio. Wix works well for those who need to build a website but do not want to invest in a developer. It gives you a lot of options to customize with drag and drop features and is truly the most customizable non-HTML platform I have worked with.
  • Drag and drop elements, with tons of flexibility
  • No grid system allows you to truly customize details
  • Options to use more complex functions like page anchors, light boxes, animations that are not available without code on Squarespace
  • Due to a lack of grid and universal design settings, it is a headache to adjust your site or your design (fonts, colors, shapes, etc)
  • Lots of click fatigue to customize, not always great at showing relevant "custom objects" based on your site
  • Easy to misalign objects and create messy pages
Wix is great if you have a great eye for design and are trying to build a beautiful, unique site. It is not great for multi-page sites, as it is hard to create cohesion across the pages, and the universal settings are not great. If you think you may want to make extreme changes to your site at a later time, I would recommend Squarespace, which is less custom but more manageable for large updates.
May 08, 2018

User Review: "For a quick fix, try Wix"

Wix is a great, intuitive platform for site building. It solves the problem of reaching new contact quickly through a blog setting without spending hours on the design part of the website. The controls are mostly intuitive and the design can be as easy or as complex as desired.
  • Beautiful visually
  • Pre-made templates
  • Support can be a bit sluggish
  • If you use the free platform then convert to a paid domain, the old links do not work
  • It's the more expensive hosting platform of this type
Wix is great for creating blogs to drive awareness of the company and the brand. It's best for small companies and individuals. A large organization that needs a very reliable site is best to hire a professional
December 19, 2017

Review: "I had low expectations, but Wix is great for bloggers"

It was used to redesign our website, which involved not only a design change but also migrating content that was scattered across a previous website and a blog. It is used by the whole organization to publish posts. I didn't expect much from Wix, but found it to be very user-friendly for those without coding experience. Each person in the organization has an account, and some have editing and/or publishing permissions.
  • Easy to set fonts and color schemes.
  • Various permission levels that can be implemented across the organization.
  • Offers lots of app integrations.
  • The drag-and-drop is a slow process.
  • Bloggr integration would have been a huge asset.
  • The Wix blog does not have an RSS feed.
It is great for blogging, and it is easy to add blog writers with little or no coding experience. However, it does overall seem to be more suited for e-commerce and/or scheduling appointments than it is for conveying large volumes of information. Starting with a blank website rather than a template is the way to go if you are apt at design. The templates are too "catchy" and don't work well for some industries.
Amy Molthan profile photo
July 10, 2017

User Review: "Easy and user-friendly - Wix."

Wix is really easy to use. It is a great way to create a professional streamlined page, this includes simple landing pages for campaigns that can kick your customers into a sales funnel. My favorite part about wix is how extremely it easy it is to complete an entire site or just a page in a fraction of the time and with no programming skills. The pages come out looking very professional! There is a little of a learning curve but I believe they have made it as easy as they can for you.
  • Easy to use tools
  • Easy to produce webpages
  • Professional looking content
  • Beginner classes, maybe they have these now? The product has changed a lot since I started using it.
Business pages - paid [version] is best to avoid ads and have good bandwidth. Personal pages - the free version is great. [Thre are] Landing pages for ad campaigns and email collection and blogs. I wouldn't use WIX for very large businesses but I bet it is fine if you pay them to do the website for you.
Read Amy Molthan's full review
Robb Glietz profile photo
June 16, 2017

Wix Review: "Great product for beginner or when you need a beautiful website quick."

We had several domains which needed websites to be built on them very quickly for some promotion we were going to be doing. Since we didn't have a lot of time we used Wix to use their templates to be able to get high quality looking websites set up quickly without having to do any coding and just drag and drop. Since they have a large selection of templates it makes it very easy to find something professional looking.
  • Large selection of templates which come with example data already inserted so it makes it easy to understand what the text should be and look like.
  • Easy drag and drop items help build the site quickly and populate it with items such as video and pictures without a lot of work.
  • Superior support not just at the per item level but broad knowledge base and if that is not enough you can contact human support people during business hours which are very helpful.
  • If you have to change to a different template your having to enter all the information again. They need to separate the template so that the presentation layer and the data layer are independent, it would make it easier to swap out the templates.
  • If you're a business on a low budget your kind of forced to upgrade to their combo package due to all the advertising they do on the free sites.
  • They need to build out the e-commerce piece more to allow for more complex shops.
I think the platform is best for a business or individual which does not have a large budget for website design but needs a high-quality looking site which is not complicated to build and can choose templates with a few mouse clicks and then add video, pictures with minimal trouble. Then if they do need additional help in an area, the help menus are there to guide them, and of course, they can always contact the friendly support staff.
Read Robb Glietz's full review
Jessica Curtis, CHFP, CRCA profile photo
April 17, 2017

Review: "Modern webistes with high ROI and low cost using Wix"

We redesigned our company websites this year using Wix. Previously, we had used a boutique firm to design our website and we were unable to make changes to the site without going through the firm. Wix allowed us to quickly and cleanly design and launch two new websites, while allowing us to make ongoing changes and updates as needed.
  • Wix templates are modern and clean - they give the look of a custom, sophisticated website.
  • Wix makes it very fast and easy to add your company images and text to a template and launch a site.
  • Wix is low cost for the resulting website product. Our sites look better than ever and we have received positive feedback on their quality and flow.
  • Some users may need technical assistance mapping DNS servers from their domain hosting site to their new Wix site, but Wix does have a good step by step tutorial.
  • Designers need to check their website layout on a PC page and on a "mobile" page (Wix provides a preview) to see if the design elements need to be rearranged to be optimized in mobile. This could be a daunting task if you have a lot of pages, but our site only required minor adjustments to look normal on the mobile version. It is nice that Wix provides the view for both and the ability to customize both separately.
I think Wix would be an excellent choice for anyone looking to design a website, whether for business or personal use. It is so easy to use that I am convinced my elementary aged child could build a great looking, functional site with it. Unless you are completely and utterly scared of the computer, there is no reason you shouldn't try Wix for your site. Their templates look amazing and you cannot beat the price.
Read Jessica Curtis, CHFP, CRCA's full review
Louisa Nicholson profile photo
March 01, 2017

Wix Review: "Highly Recommend for Small Projects"

Wix is not used in my organization, but I have used Wix in freelance situations with various types of clients and friends. It really allows someone with a small budget who needs a simple website get up-and-running quickly.
  • Layout of the website
  • User Interface in the admin
  • Pricing
  • The onboarding process is a little confusing right now, as they make you decide between two different admin interfaces and regular users have no idea what each process means.
  • More stock photography
  • Secure email hosting
Wix is good for a new, small businesses. If they don't need any functionality, Wix is really perfect for small clients. It is cheap, easy to use, and quick to set up. Best part is that the client can easily update their own website ongoing.
Read Louisa Nicholson's full review
Luciano Gardesani Marques profile photo
February 16, 2017

User Review: "My experience with Wix"

We are using Wix to support a partner's website containing basic information and using simple features. Its main objective is to provide useful information about the company to leads and customers, in two languages (Portuguese and English). Since it includes information about the company, it has been used by the whole company.
  • It is very ease to use. We created the new web site without any knowledge about coding or programming. Everything is very intuitive.
  • Variety of templates and features to personalize the web site, according to our needs. Adjustments and content update are also very easy to apply.
  • It works very well on mobile devices (it was a concern since the start of the project, considering that people would visit the web site using this kind of equipment).
  • We think that pricing is a bit over when compared to other similar providers, mostly for low-budget projects.
  • Templates could be more flexible, so it would be possible to use two or more of them in the same project (website).
  • The multilanguage options/features could be more friendly and easy to use. Sometimes they did not work as expected during the deployment.
Our impression is that Wix is a great option for simple websites but less appropriate for projects that demand complex features or a specific structure of pages/information. In our case, it is suited very well but there are some doubts how it would be if our needs become more sophisticated in the future.
Read Luciano Gardesani Marques's full review
Lou Covey profile photo
February 16, 2017

Review: "Need a website quick and not so dirty? Wix is a good choice"

We had been looking for a new platform for our website after Apple discontinued supporting their iWeb application...and then making it impossible to use it with the upgrade to Sierra and it was a frustrating process before we found Wix. We actually didn't decide to use it until we had built three other websites for clients. We are not in the business of building websites, rather we create the content for the sites, but if a client doesn't have an up-to-date site and lacks the budget to go to a full-on designers, this is a good option. Once we got comfortable with the platform we pulled the trigger and re-built the new site. We've been very happy with the decision.
  • Ease of use
  • Cost and ROI
  • Breadth of templates
  • It's not very intuitive. Too several hours to figure out where to go and how to do it.
  • Customer support is not strong. Takes at least 24 hours to get a reply and that's if you are lucky. And the only support is via email.
  • Some of the widgets don't work and you can't get reason why.
Wix is a good choice for non-profits, startups or small companies that need a modern website on a budget. Established companies without in-house marketing teams with web experience can get a site up and running quickly with a great deal of flexibility. And anyone who wants to learn how to build websites can get some valuable experience.
Read Lou Covey's full review

Role-based user permissions (22)
API (15)
Internationalization / multi-language (10)
WYSIWYG editor (37)
Code quality / cleanliness (30)
Admin section (38)
Page templates (42)
Library of website themes (41)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (42)
Publishing workflow (36)
Form generator (35)
Content taxonomy (31)
SEO support (34)
Bulk management (19)
Availability / breadth of extensions (28)
Community / comment management (23)

About Wix

Wix is a free hosted website builder, designed to be user-friendly and highly customizable without requiring coding from the user. It is well-known for its eCommerce solution, which allows users to build an online store.

Wix includes customizable HTML5 templates that can be used with its drag n' drop website builder. The vendor also offers 24/7 support and an App Market with over 200 apps. (These paid apps, as well as professional services offered by Wix, allow the company to make money while keeping its hosting service free.)

Wix Technical Details