https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/dG/43/7JMDZ1W5TQKD.PNGWix is the best for beginners in need of a beautiful website fast!I have used Wix to create websites for an entire organization, but I've mostly used it to create landing pages and/or mini sites for specific aspects of an organization like a campaign for a new product or a registration site for an upcoming conference. Wix is perfect for small businesses who cannot afford to invest in an in-house web developer or designer but need a professional, visually-pleasing website.,The most important strength of Wix is its simplicity and intuitive interface. Wix is, by far, the best web CMS that I've ever used because it's easier to navigate and understand than other CMS platforms. Once you start building your site, there are pop-ups explaining what to do next until your entire site is filled with content. Because it's so easy to get started, I've completed websites on the same day that I started them, which makes marketing managers and directors extremely surprised and excited. Wix's design and theme options are the best I've seen. When using other CMS platforms, I've had a difficult time finding themes that fit the way that I want to organize the content on my website. I felt restricted because the themes were not editable. Wix, however, allows users to edit themes as much as they want. The platform will also take the information that you've already plugged into the site and find a theme that works, choose the best fonts, and even implement color schemes. Wix really gives you control over the way your site is organized but also provides a "hands-off" route for people who don't want to be too heavily involved in the design process. There are options for any and all levels of experience and involvement. Wix has an option to add a contributor to a website, which I also have not seen on any other CMS platforms. In most cases, CMS users would need to create several logins to get their colleagues or partners to edit the site. But with Wix, I can have my own account with both personal and professional sites - and invite colleagues to edit a specific website without seeing anything else. It's similar to having a Google Drive of websites. I can see all of my Wix websites, but colleagues can only see or edit the websites that I invite them to.,One place where Wix falls short of other CMS's is with insights and analytics. On other platforms, I can instantly see how many page views I received, what time the pages were viewed, location, etc. But seeing this information on Wix requires a Google Analytics integration that is not automatically included when you make an account. You have to first go to Google Analytics to make an account, then come back to Wix to activate the integration, it's a little time-consuming for a feature that most CMS's come with instantly.,9,Wix has helped the companies I've worked with to promote their products and events. Without Wix, it would be extremely difficult to create landing pages for email campaigns or advertisements so, Wix has enabled us to save a lot of marketing and design labor. As a marketer for a non-profit (and previously for a startup), Wix has helped the companies I've served to build marketing campaigns despite having little to no marketing budget. Because many of its features are free or affordable, small businesses and non-profits receive a huge ROI since there isn't much investment required.,WordPress and Joomla!,SEMRush, Google Analytics, Billtrust, Constant Contact,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesGreat basic website designer!I use Wix as a training tool for the call center I work for. They can use it as a resource also to reference different aspects of how a call should go. Also, it has all of our call scripts and information that customers may inquire about. There are buttons for each question a customer may have, with the proper response for our agent to use.,Wix makes it simple to set up a basic website in a matter of hours. They have a lot of options in the free version. It is super simple to create a website that is easy to use.,There are some extra features that are not available in the free version. The user interface can use some improvement when it comes to the overall layout. They could also add to the tutorial library to help new developers further.,9,It has helped provide more of a return by helping our agents be more efficient. There was no cost to set up the site to test with the agents. It has allowed us to handle more customer due to the site cutting down on call times.,GoDaddy and WordPress,WordPress, GoDaddy, Shopify,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesGreat for Small BusinessesWix is currently being used for our online store for our farmer's market. We are only open seasonally because we are an on-farm Market, so we only open when we have crops being harvested. We also offer a wide variety of non-perishable food items. We get people wanting to purchase items when we are closed, which is why we started using Wix to help us sell when we are closed.,Wix does a great job helping us sell our products online without over complicating it. Setting up an online store isn't always an easy thing to do, and can be very frustrating. Very easy to use, set up and maintain. Great for beginners. Pricing is very reasonable. Great for small businesses.,We would love to see more integration and more features offered. While it is very easy to use and has lots of feature, we'd like to see more. Better tracking and analytics. It is nice to see how what you are doing is working through tracking and reports. What they offer is very limited.,9,Wix has definitely had a positive ROI because without our online store we wouldn't be able to sell as much when we are closed for the season. It keeps us in our customer's minds and keeps them from going to other places trying to find the products we carry which is great. Having a quality website is very important. If people go to look for your website and you don't have one, or the one you have is messy and outdated, it definitely turns them off. Wix is an easy affordable way to solve this issue.,GoDaddy,PayPal Payments, Universe, Eventbrite, Facebook for Business,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pagesWebsites from Scratch to Published with No StressWix is a browser-based webpage builder editor and hosting service, allowing users to create personal or business webpages with no or minimal coding experience required. In our Digital Media program, we allow students to utilize Wix to build a web portfolio for their work, including photography, graphic designs, and video productions. We also utilize Wix for a course overview site for new and prospective students to view past projects, learn more about our program, and to contact us with questions via a web form on the site.,Easy to use interface No coding required ADI Service: can build the website for you by answering a few questions,Generic/Basic templates Simple sites,7,Low-maintenance webpage hosting: no professional management required to maintain website.,Adobe XD, Squarespace and WordPress,WordPress, Squarespace, Square for Retail, Square POS,Developer,1-10 pagesWix can be a lifesaver only if you want to be saved!Wix was used to create a website and I should say that it was quite easy to create. The time it took to create the website was very minimal and the collaboration on Wix was near perfect, Wix made the work easy by providing the templates to choose from and ADI was very neat in preparing the first draft. We did not have trouble creating the website even though we did not have any experience in website development.,Wix provides templates according to your business. Most of the times these are enough to create the first draft. The editor is very good and easy to use. The collaboration works like a charm wherein every stakeholder can make the changes themselves with any dependencies.,Sometimes it becomes tricky to shift from editor to ADI. There are certain functionalities in the editor which can become quite hard to use and understand. There is a room for a lot of improvement in terms of mobile responsiveness, most of the times the websites look messy.,10,Wix has saved us a lot of time by enabling us to create a website in a very short time. It is easy to use and there is little learning curve involved. Wix saved us a lot of money on website development and saved us the hassle of being after web designers for changes on the website.,SendGrid Marketing Email, SendGrid Transactional Email,Content Author / Administrator
Wix

Wix Reviews

Wix
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 175 vetted Wix reviews and ratings

Brittney Collier profile photo
January 30, 2019

Review: "Wix is the best for beginners in need of a beautiful website fast!"

• The most important strength of Wix is its simplicity and intuitive interface. Wix is, by far, the best web CMS that I've ever used because it's easier to navigate and understand than other CMS platforms. Once you start building your site, there are pop-ups explaining what to do next until your entire site is filled with content. Because it's so easy to get started, I've completed websites on the same day that I started them, which makes marketing managers and directors extremely surprised and excited.
  • Wix's design and theme options are the best I've seen. When using other CMS platforms, I've had a difficult time finding themes that fit the way that I want to organize the content on my website. I felt restricted because the themes were not editable. Wix, however, allows users to edit themes as much as they want. The platform will also take the information that you've already plugged into the site and find a theme that works, choose the best fonts, and even implement color schemes. Wix really gives you control over the way your site is organized but also provides a "hands-off" route for people who don't want to be too heavily involved in the design process. There are options for any and all levels of experience and involvement.
  • Wix has an option to add a contributor to a website, which I also have not seen on any other CMS platforms. In most cases, CMS users would need to create several logins to get their colleagues or partners to edit the site. But with Wix, I can have my own account with both personal and professional sites - and invite colleagues to edit a specific website without seeing anything else. It's similar to having a Google Drive of websites. I can see all of my Wix websites, but colleagues can only see or edit the websites that I invite them to.
  • One place where Wix falls short of other CMS's is with insights and analytics. On other platforms, I can instantly see how many page views I received, what time the pages were viewed, location, etc. But seeing this information on Wix requires a Google Analytics integration that is not automatically included when you make an account. You have to first go to Google Analytics to make an account, then come back to Wix to activate the integration, it's a little time-consuming for a feature that most CMS's come with instantly.
Wix is perfect if you need your website to look professional, but you don't have a lot of resources or time. It's also great if you've never built a website because the platform suggests design ideas and easily shows you how you can gradually improve your site with plug-ins like analytics, payments, email forms, etc. You'll have a beautiful website as soon as you start, but it will become even more personalized, the more you learn. Wix may be inappropriate for companies with huge e-commerce websites or sites with extreme amounts of content and graphics. You would need to have a web developer on your team to manage that. However, I still don't think it would cause any issues to start off with Wix.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Dan Hanna profile photo
April 23, 2019

Wix Review: "Great basic website designer!"

• Wix makes it simple to set up a basic website in a matter of hours.
  • They have a lot of options in the free version.
  • It is super simple to create a website that is easy to use.
  • There are some extra features that are not available in the free version.
  • The user interface can use some improvement when it comes to the overall layout.
  • They could also add to the tutorial library to help new developers further.
Wix is best suited for people new to creating websites. There are a plethora of resources available to help someone with limited knowledge create a respectable website. There are also a ton of free features to let someone who is new develop a website. However, if you are looking to build a more professional website with a lot of features, it may not be the best solution for you. Overall, it is a great solution for those looking to build a basic website.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
Kirsten Rodriguez profile photo
February 07, 2019

Wix Review: "Great for Small Businesses"

• Wix does a great job helping us sell our products online without over complicating it. Setting up an online store isn't always an easy thing to do, and can be very frustrating.
  • Very easy to use, set up and maintain. Great for beginners.
  • Pricing is very reasonable. Great for small businesses.
  • We would love to see more integration and more features offered. While it is very easy to use and has lots of feature, we'd like to see more.
  • Better tracking and analytics. It is nice to see how what you are doing is working through tracking and reports. What they offer is very limited.
Wix is great for small businesses or personal websites who don't need anything too complicated and aren't too experienced in setting up a website. No complicated coding required. Just enough features and options for a quality website. If you want something complicated with lots of features and coding, then this is not the platform for you. Great prices and different package levels available.
Read Kirsten Rodriguez's full review
Dan Talvi profile photo
January 15, 2019

Wix Review: "Websites from Scratch to Published with No Stress"

• Easy to use interface
  • No coding required
  • ADI Service: can build the website for you by answering a few questions
  • Generic/Basic templates
  • Simple sites
Wix is a great tool/utility for individuals or businesses looking to build a simple, but effective website. Business owners can go from website concept to published in less than an hour, showcasing their product without the overwhelming process of planning and designing from scratch. What Wix provides in accessibility, it loses in detailed customization. The Wix templates provide a robust palette of design tools, settings, functions, and options, but it still does not compare to having a professionally designed website tailored specifically to your business and product.
Read Dan Talvi's full review
Sundeep Gopal profile photo
December 20, 2018

Review: "Wix can be a lifesaver only if you want to be saved!"

• Wix provides templates according to your business. Most of the times these are enough to create the first draft.
  • The editor is very good and easy to use.
  • The collaboration works like a charm wherein every stakeholder can make the changes themselves with any dependencies.
  • Sometimes it becomes tricky to shift from editor to ADI.
  • There are certain functionalities in the editor which can become quite hard to use and understand.
  • There is a room for a lot of improvement in terms of mobile responsiveness, most of the times the websites look messy.
I would recommend Wix to small and medium enterprises any day because of its functionalities and ease of use. However, things will get tricky if you are trying to create a complex website. Wix is easy to use and anyone using this can get a website up and running in no time. Wix has been a real lifesaver for us since we are being quoted too high for a website or the necessary designs were not available.
Read Sundeep Gopal's full review
Matt Graf profile photo
January 04, 2019

Review: "Wix is a great, user-friendly way to build a website!"

We used Wix when we were shopping around for a way to build a simple website with a custom domain name and a blog. Wix is one of the most simple and user-friendly ways to build your website.
  • Wix is easy to use.
  • Wix is a cost-effective way to build a website.
  • Wix makes building a website a more stress-free experience.
  • My experience with Wix was positive. No immediate issues to report.
Wix is really great at being user-friendly and intuitive. It is easy to use and takes the stress out of building your first website.
Read Matt Graf's full review
December 29, 2018

Review: "Wix - Great Power, for Better or for Worse"

We are using Wix to build our main website. We hold about 60 events a year, plus produce a radio show, so I'm using a combination of Wix code and Airtable to make this a database-driven site with dynamic pages. This will make us far more efficient and accurate than the current way we do it (creating all pages manually in Weebly).
  • Wix allows a lot of flexibility in design. For me as a designer and a brand manager, that's very important.
  • Wix has a lot of the current options for page design, such as parallax, video backgrounds, and the like.
  • Wix code allows us to create dynamic pages, and do custom things previously only possible on a very costly custom-made site.
  • Wix's design features can be a curse as much as a blessing. It's tempting to use animation and overdo it on big images but they'll kill page load time and at a certain point become detrimental to usability.
  • Wix code is not for the faint of heart. You have to be willing to dive into the world of Javascript and relational databases. Not as "out-of-the-box" as their marketing would like you to believe. Still, powerful though.
  • On certain things, such as buttons for example, they need to make them more style-based. Each button on the site is essentially custom designed by you. So if you decide you want the button style different, you have to manually redesign it for every instance on the site. No universal CSS change for that.
To me Wix is better for slightly more advanced users. A big downside is that it's adpative, not responsive. So the more custom your design gets, the more you will be working separately on your mobile pages. If you want something that truly takes no knowledge of website building, look elsewhere. I also wouldn't implement this if you have a team of direct contributors that aren't website or design people. There's just not enough restriction there, too much power for them to make a mess.
November 21, 2018

Review: "Wix: a very dynamic website creator for us coding dummies!"

Wix is being used by me to promote my freelancing art/design business. It displays my personal projects as well as client projects I’ve completed. It solves the problem of providing an accessible platform for potential clients to look at the design services I have to offer.
  • Image hosting: seriously love that if you upload a reasonably sized image, it loads in a snap
  • Ease of design: I can design a website from the ground up pretty quickly just with a few clicks
  • Great templates: if you’re not very design-oriented, there are great defaults to get you started with to help develop ideas of your own.
  • No coding necessary: you don’t need to code to create a great looking site.
  • I think if I had to see something different, it would be increased control of certain aspects of the templates
  • Ability to add your own font file would be nice, as having to conform to a small library of fonts doesn’t help when I need uniformity for my brand
  • Better mobile support for certain design functions: some designs I pick just don’t look that great on mobile such as a carousel design to flip through images. It looks clunky.
  • The ability to change the design formats on mobile separately from desktop to ensure a nice flowing site would be immensely helpful
Wix is perfect for your small or freelancing business to display your product. It has the ability for multiple pages, image, and video hosting, as well as linking to other pages from images, to name a few. I wouldn’t recommend it for totally unique websites as there isn’t complete control over the design aspect, so any advanced designs you’re better off getting someone to code it for you from the ground up.
February 27, 2019

Wix Review: "Good Start for Website Design"

We use Wix when it comes to having students create websites, teacher blogs/doc logs, students digital portfolios, etc. It is often part of a choice that teachers share with their students when they have an assignment/creative task and are looking for a program to design a website. I have found that teachers across all subjects and departments and across our district have utilized Wix in one way or another. Website design in general, or having students create sites in which they share their information with a wider audience is a great skill that they need to practice and Wix helps with this.
  • Easy drag and drop features let users create an engaging website with ease.
  • Professional layouts and designs take the guesswork out of the creation and allow more time to be spent on the content.
  • The ability to add features/integrations like a store, feedback or comment options, and more interactive tools can go a long way in personalizing the site.
  • Even though drag and drop makes things easier, at times there is difficulty getting things to fit where and how you want. Maybe have a way for the item be influenced by other features around it to make it fit better?
  • The templates are great for students to get started, but more options and maybe some more modern designs (ex WordPress/Squarespace) would be nice.
  • A better data and analytics feature. WordPress nails this and I wish other website programs would do something similar.
Wix is perfect when being used with students who need to create an online project, website, portfolio, or use this as part of a bigger project around a social media campaign. I have found that when given the choice of using various website programs, students often flock to Wix or Weebly. The drag and drop builder/editor is something they appreciate or feel more comfortable with, especially for those students who aren't as tech savvy or website design literate. However, those students who are more advanced or are looking for something more will probably do well with a program like WordPress or Squarespace.
January 19, 2019

Wix Review: "Marginal, budget-friendly solution for first-timers and technophobes"

I used Wix to build my first website, so the problem it solved was getting me my first, rudimentary online presence. Their marketing messages are correct: even a technology and design novice can use Wix to build a passable, even attractive, website. If you're not excited about embarking down a big learning curve to get a website up and running, and you need something that's relatively simple, Wix may be a fine choice for you.
  • It gets you a website up fast. If you need a website and you need it now, its templates will do the trick, and some of the templates are nice and reflect current design trends.
  • It offers rudimentary plug-ins such as contact forms, calendar widgets, newsletter signups, and the like. Because it's all made in-house (or at least approved), you don't have to worry about something not working properly or crashing your site.
  • They can take care of the technical stuff for you, including registering and hosting your domain. Wix can truly be a one-stop shop for your website.
  • The feature set is extremely limited. There's just so much you can't do with Wix. You're stuck with only the tools they give you, so if your company grows and you need something more robust, you'll need to start from scratch with something else.
  • While some of the templates are modern, the majority look severely outdated and will hurt your brand more than help it.
  • While they have a "pixel perfect" drag and drop editor, allowing you to move elements with extreme precision, the trade-off is that sometimes the elements don't display properly on mobile, no matter how much you tweak them.
I would only recommend Wix to someone in the following circumstances.
1. On a tight budget and can't afford a more robust solution
2. Extreme technophobe and terrified of the prospect of registering domains, obtaining hosting, etc.
3. Wants a website up FAST without wanting to deal with the complexities of WordPress
4. Has a very small business (maybe a solo business) and is comfortable with a website that's more of a static brochure than interactive and modern.
Unless all of those are true, I'd suggest something else. However, if 1-4 apply to you, you can feel confident with Wix.
January 18, 2019

Wix Review: "Good, but sometimes glitchy, software for website development."

We use Wix to develop customer friendly, easy to use websites with advanced integration options for our clients. It is useful in the context of developing these websites but not for other purposes, which saves us from actually hiring a developer and manually coding and developing a website directly, which would be much more expensive even if it had more customizable options.
  • Customizations
  • Integrations
  • Built-in graphics
  • Relatively glitchy
  • Sometimes hard to use
  • Drag and drop has difficulties sometimes.
Very well suited software for developing websites that need high levels of customization without the headache that is actual web development and coding. It is also much more affordable for those very purposes, and therefore a great alternative to traditionally developed websites via web developers.
Marian Lee profile photo
November 15, 2018

Wix Review: "Best place to design a website for your business"

Wix is the core of my production business as well as the websites I create for other businesses. It's used on a daily basis to create and design websites. I also use Wix for my blog.
  • It's easy to use and learn
  • There are a lot of great functions
  • Great customer support
  • Affordable
  • Lots of design maneuverability
  • Some of the features do not work consistently or they are not able to be seen at all times.
  • There are frequent bugs.
  • SEO optimization can be improved.
  • They removed some features that I cannot get back.
  • Form builder applications and plug ins can be slow to set up and slow to load.
  • Cannot customize certain features.
  • Handling the footer section can provide issues.
  • Event application / plug in has basic features but mostly not useful.
  • Paid plug ins don't work well or fast enough.
  • Paypal buttons take a long time to load.
  • Repeater boxes don't work well.
  • It doesn't allow you to copy and paste a section from one website design to another website design, which is an important function for saving time when managing multiple business websites.
Great for building a website for any kind of business.
Read Marian Lee's full review
Deven Bhagwandin profile photo
June 28, 2018

Review: "Wix is great for Small to Mid-Size Businesses!"

I've used Wix to set up a personal website for myself. That website serves as my personal portfolio and my resume. I have about 6-10 pages on it. With the numerous templates that Wix provides, I was able to browse ideas and then build my own site using a number of techniques I saw. I did the same thing for a client of mine who had already bought the premium Wix package but then decided they did not want to take the time to set up their site themselves. For them, I was able to build a 20-page website highlighting their services as well as add a blog and an event page for them.
  • Wix provides new users with templates so that you can really get a site up and running within an hour or so.
  • Wix publishes a daily blog that teaches you how to use their website as well as other digital marketing skills such as SEO.
  • If you're willing and have the time, you can customize your site down to the last detail.
  • In my experience, Wix has trouble working with Chrome. The click and drag features are jumpy at times causing misplaced images and text.
  • Again, with Chrome, it seems that the site editor/interface is very slow to load.
  • If you're looking to customize your site to its fullest, you will have to upgrade to a paid account.
Wix is especially well suited for a person who is not familiar with building a website. It can be used by kids. It is very well equipped for small businesses who want to have an attractive, eye-catching site. Also, it is great for e-Commerce. If you or your company requires a unique website that is professionally done and will attract B2B or B2C clients with a higher price point, you may want to higher professional web designer instead of using Wix.
Read Deven Bhagwandin's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
July 21, 2018

Review: "Wix Website Builder and Hosting - All the Best Tools for a Stunning Website"

I use Wix to present myself and my freelance writing business online. I built a simple website to showcase myself, what I offer, and a blog. Wix was easy to use to build my website, has a lot of tools and options I may never even use, and offers website hosting, personalized email, tracking, SEO tools, pretty much everything I need to manage my online presence.
  • Easy drag-and-drop website building and customization.
  • SEO and marketing tips to get site listed on Google.
  • Website building wizard for even easier website building.
  • Website hosting is easy to manage.
  • Personalized email for marketing consistency.
  • Blog could use updating, particularly in formatting. Doesn't follow the rest of my website's settings.
  • Would like to see more automated social sharing.
I think Wix could be useful for any size company. I'm a sole proprietor, with little website building experience, and Wix's wizard and drag-n-drop tools make website building and hosting easy. Wix also has the ability to accept custom code, so it could be useful for more experienced website builders. Wix might be useful for larger companies, too, but it seems to be built more for small companies looking to establish their online presence.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Naomi Marie Brand profile photo
June 29, 2018

Wix Review: "Ehhh skip it and use WordPress"

We use Wix for our primary website, it houses basic information about the company, provides some educational information and has some lead generation contact forms.
  • I think if you need a very basic website as a novice it is pretty accessible.
  • I found Wix doesn't play well with other programs. For example when we were using LeadPages it did not integrate well at all with and as I prefer the LeadPage platform for landing pages it was quite frustrating.
  • MailChimp doesn't integrate with Wix well either and I had to rely on Zapier to the automation. As someone who has used WordPress for years and seeing that they integrate easily with many of the common digital sales platform I feel that Wix just isn't cutting it.
I think Wix is great for those who are just creating a website to have a digital pretense but don't need a lot of customer interaction on the page.
Read Naomi Marie Brand's full review
Parikshit Potnuri profile photo
September 14, 2018

Wix Review: "Websites made easy!"

Wix was helpful for us to build a really neat website in a very short amount of time, Wix is used by the administration and the marketing department mainly to communicate with our audience and also to let people know about important events that come up. Wix was really instrumental for us in zeroing on the website design and helped us put it up. The best thing about Wix is that it has many templates and you will get suggestions according to type of business, this has made our work very easy.
  • Wix has a lot of templates, Wix suggests templates according to the kind of business which makes work very easy.
  • The Wix ADI is great because it is easy to setup the whole website rather than picking and choosing each and every element.
  • Wix help's you with previews on browsers as well as mobile. The websites created are responsive and look great both on computers and mobile devices.
  • Wix ADI though it is great has a lot of room for improvement. There can be more templates that can be added.
  • If you quit the ADI it is little tricky to get back into ADI.
  • The editor is great but can be a little more easy to use. There is a slight learning curve involved.
I had experience using other website creators but none were close to the simplicity Wix provided. Wix made the whole process easy and helped us set up the website within a couple of days. The Wix ADI was really helpful because of the templates the ease it provided with the themes.
Read Parikshit Potnuri's full review
June 06, 2018

Wix Review: "Great for no-code customization, bad global updating"

I used Wix at my last nonprofit to host our organization's website and facilitate donations and volunteers. I also use Wix to host my personal portfolio. Wix works well for those who need to build a website but do not want to invest in a developer. It gives you a lot of options to customize with drag and drop features and is truly the most customizable non-HTML platform I have worked with.
  • Drag and drop elements, with tons of flexibility
  • No grid system allows you to truly customize details
  • Options to use more complex functions like page anchors, light boxes, animations that are not available without code on Squarespace
  • Due to a lack of grid and universal design settings, it is a headache to adjust your site or your design (fonts, colors, shapes, etc)
  • Lots of click fatigue to customize, not always great at showing relevant "custom objects" based on your site
  • Easy to misalign objects and create messy pages
Wix is great if you have a great eye for design and are trying to build a beautiful, unique site. It is not great for multi-page sites, as it is hard to create cohesion across the pages, and the universal settings are not great. If you think you may want to make extreme changes to your site at a later time, I would recommend Squarespace, which is less custom but more manageable for large updates.
July 03, 2018

Review: "Wix is Fast and Easy but can get a little heavy on your pocket."

We used Wix to create our website for our business, one of the challenges we found was that we were getting the website creators but they were not able to deliver a website of our liking since we had 5 decision makers. This is the challenge Wix helped us with, we have created multiple logins with Wix and asked the contributors about the progress and make changes according to their needs. Within a couple of weeks, we have created a simple business which was serving the purpose.
  • You can create a visually appealing website with no coding experience.
  • Wix helps you with SEO and other stuff even if you don't have good exposure towards marketing.
  • It has a lot of easy to use plug-ins which help you market the website easily.
  • One of the points is pricing, for developing nations, there could be a separate pricing since not everyone could afford the subscription rates.
  • Though working on WIX is easy, once you leave the ADI, things get little complication and you need to spend time learning things
  • Since WIX also provides hosting, the subscription should be recurring if the website needs to stay live.
If your business can't afford a website designer and you can spend some time creating a website, Wix will be best suited for since you need not learn a lot and there is no coding required. However, things are going to get expensive as you move forward because you need to have a recurring subscription.
June 24, 2018

User Review: "WIX may be YOUR "Fix""

I have used Wix for various things such as creating 2 business websites, an ePortfolio and am now currently building a blog site for a group that I started a few months ago. The process with creating the websites, ePortfolio and blog are very seamless. Of course, it's tedious work that you have to be willing to put forth at the beginning but I like that Wix provides various tools for you to add to your site that gives it a "good" flair like no other. You're able to add contact pages, change the style of your background/page, add additional pages to your site, and design your page as you see fit for your business and/or idea.

There's various other tools you can incorporate within your site such as videos, html coding, shapes, images, slideshow images, buttons, text, embed coding and more. I've found these tools to be useful and it has helped to bring my sites to life and made them more attractive because they were available, and free of charge to include on your site.
  • It's user-friendly and pretty easy to navigate and set up your page whether it's a website or blog.
  • The themes Wix provide are pretty broad when it comes to industry theme choices and appear are professional.
  • Wix have additional you can add to your site that helps bring it to life such as videos, images, shapes, various text, interactive tools, etc.
  • I'm finding it a bit challenging when creating multiple blogs on a page. I wish there were step by step instructions that can be easily and readily available for someone new to creating a blog page on Wix.
I think for people who are just getting started with a business, wanting to create a e-Portfolio for job seeking, creating a blog for personal or professional use, I think Wix is a great (free) service to start with. It's very user friendly, it seems to have most of what you are looking for when creating various things such as what I named above and the overall look of the product once you've completed your project looks very professional and clean.
Heath Achatz profile photo
March 28, 2018

Review: "Wix Fast and Free to Start, But Should You?"

Wix is used for managing a website. It contains current information, archives, and events calendar and a gallery. Wix is used by three people to manage the website. It is a fairly user friendly way to build a website once the user becomes familiar with the setup. The Free package is nice but paid does seem better.
  • Wix makes it easy for users with no coding experience to create a visually appealing website.
  • Wix has a variety of plug-ins including, galleries, forums, chat, blogging, Instagram, counter, PDF viewer, and many more.
  • Wix is also connected with a large variety of third-party apps that can be used such as chatbot, contact form, Eventbrite, and Event Viewer.
  • While Wix appears to make itself user friendly, there is a lot of apps that are unnecessary that must be waded through. When you are trying something new it is actually complex, until you get the "hang of it".
  • Without a paid subscription Wix does not populate on Google searches very well.
  • Wix hosts its pages, and again if you do not have a paid subscription the loading can be slow and burdensome.
Wix works well if a user has had some experience with building a website before using a website wizard and has no coding experience. Wix does offer a lot of features for free, but paid is better. For a couple page website the free option would be great, but if you want to host events or sell items, the paid option is needed.
Read Heath Achatz's full review
Kalyn Hoffman profile photo
February 09, 2018

Wix Review: "Complete customization from start to finish"

We have transferred over several of our business needs into Wix such as payment processing, email management, domain name hosting, and website building. Previously, we were using GoDaddy for our domain name, email management, and website hosting. Wix has helped us become more self-sufficient with more control over what we are publishing.
  • Love the drag and drop system! It is completely customizable and helps you decide what you want so you do not have to have all the answers. Truly is a great option for nonprofits and businesses alike.
  • Easy SEO management and clear reporting options. This helps us to have all of our website and external marketing on one platform WHILE understanding how it is working. We are able to make adjustments based on what visitors are responding to.
  • Love all the widget options. Wix has several applications and add-ons to meet any needs you might have. We utilize this such as video publishing, blog, and several customizable button options.
  • Since the website builder utilizes a drag and drop system, it can take a bit longer to load your page. It's a good idea to adjust the size of any photos or media that is inserted to help alleviate this problem.
  • We signed up during a promotional period. Our contract has not expired yet but I am nervous that the prices take quite a jump after the initial contract period.
  • There is great customer service but not a lot of help available online. I would like to see better help manuals.
Wix is great for experienced website people and completely new people. That is why we chose this option. For us, we do not have any experience with coding so to be able to edit the entire site yourself was a breath of fresh air! It has been great to completely customize our branding and maintain control.
Read Kalyn Hoffman's full review
Olivia Capizzi profile photo
May 07, 2018

User Review: "Wonderful wonderful Wix"

We use Wix for our website. I use it almost every day to push out Shoutouts, manage lead forms, etc. It helps start our sales funnel currently.
  • Wix is great at drag-and-drop customization for your website
  • They're nice as a catch-all for website and CRM in one
  • Their support team is always on top of things and will help me personally with my site if needed. So awesome.
  • Wix could be better at customization on the edges of a webpage. You feel kind of constrained after a while.
  • Mobile formatting could be better within Wix, you can't add any additional tools only subtract them from the existing site.
  • I don't love the user interface, I wish it was more sleek and modernized adult.
When you're designing websites for clients who want to have SOME capabilities on their websites, it's great. It is less awesome for companies that want a customized software with their website.
Read Olivia Capizzi's full review
Ai Ashe profile photo
March 05, 2018

User Review: "Wix for education"

Wix is used by the students as a digital portfolio to document learning and post a demo reel.
  • Clean interface
  • Easy to navigate
  • Great looking templates with a variety of themes
  • Easy to set up
  • Add education templates
  • When I clicked to change the template, it didn't display the templates in the selected category until I refreshed. Maybe the Internet is a bit slow tonight.
It is suited for all personal or business sites. I can't think of any scenarios where it is less appropriate. The templates are rich in design and users have a lot of flexibilities in customizing it.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Mandy Cramer profile photo
February 28, 2018

Wix Review: "Cleanliness is Godliness, and this is not clean."

Wix is a great starter website option for clients that need a website ASAP. Wix gets the job done if you need to just get a landing page and some basic information onto the web. I don't personally recommend it as my first go-to option unless I'm working with inexperienced people. It's best for people who don't really know what they're doing or how to do design.

I began using Wix when I was starting out for a portfolio web option, but at the time they didn't have a decent built-in blog platform and I wanted to be able to have a blog as well. It looks like they've now built that in as an App and it seems better than before, but there still doesn't seem to be as much customization as I'd like. I do like their additional ADI (Advanced Digital Intelligence) that does assist in creating a basic website to start with. I think this is ideal for someone who doesn't have any clue how to get started on a website.
  • Apps. Wix provides many add ons or apps to put on you website for whatever needs you might have.
  • Themes! So many to choose from!
  • Free option. While I don't think any serious business owner should use the free option since it has ads, it's still an option.
  • Inability to change themes. Once you've chosen a theme, you're locked into it until you build a new web page. Then you have to transfer all your information and premium over.
  • Weak UX
  • Ads
As mentioned before, I do think that Wix is a bit of a more amateur web design option and would only recommend it to someone with a business that doesn't want to pay a designer. As a graphic designer myself, I always recommend businesses just pay a designer who wants to get to know their brand, but if you're the kind of person who doesn't feel like paying for good quality design work, then Wix is an okay option for creating a quick website. Again, I do think their overall look is pretty amateur looking, but it does get the job done. I definitely recommend it over Squarespace when it comes to simplicity for designing. To me, Wix is the web-builder for someone who doesn't have patience and/or money to waste on a website.
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Brooke Degnan profile photo
February 19, 2018

Wix Review: "Easy Peasy!"

We needed a fluid website at a low cost and looked for software with a simple learning curve - Wix fit the bill to a T.
  • Extremely easy to use
  • Low Cost structure
  • Modern Templates
  • Integrated/less clunky SEO assistance. Some of the associated apps are questionable.
  • An additional pricing tier with SEO support/modification would be worth every penny.
Wix is ideal for any small company looking to save money and create a website in house. Wix requires no prior knowledge and is completely simple to use in terms of building and publishing websites. Once published, however, you will need at least a basic understanding of SEO or you will need a third party app for optimization.
Read Brooke Degnan's full review

Role-based user permissions (28)
API (20)
Internationalization / multi-language (12)
WYSIWYG editor (45)
Code quality / cleanliness (38)
Admin section (48)
Page templates (52)
Library of website themes (51)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (52)
Publishing workflow (43)
Form generator (42)
Content taxonomy (36)
SEO support (42)
Bulk management (23)
Availability / breadth of extensions (35)
Community / comment management (29)

About Wix

Wix is a free hosted website builder, designed to be user-friendly and highly customizable without requiring coding from the user. It is well-known for its eCommerce solution, which allows users to build an online store.

Wix includes customizable HTML5 templates that can be used with its drag n' drop website builder. The vendor also offers 24/7 support and an App Market with over 200 apps. (These paid apps, as well as professional services offered by Wix, allow the company to make money while keeping its hosting service free.)

Wix Technical Details