Wix is a free, hosted website builder, designed to be user-friendly and customizable without requiring coding from the user. It is well-known for its eCommerce solution, which allows users to build an online store.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Library of website themes (90)8.585%
- Admin section (84)8.383%
- Page templates (93)8.080%
- Mobile optimization / responsive design (93)7.373%
Website Plan - Combo
Website Plan - Unlimited
Website Plan - Pro
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- $14 per month
This component helps a company minimize the security risks by controlling access to the software and its data, and encouraging best practices among users.
- 7.5Role-based user permissions(61) Ratings
Permissions to perform actions or access or modify data are assigned to roles, which are then assigned to users, reducing complexity of administration.
Features related to platform-wide settings and structure, such as permissions, languages, integrations, customizations, etc.
- 6.9API(44) Ratings
An API (application programming interface) provides a standard programming interface for connecting third-party systems to the software for data creation, access, updating and/or deletion.
- 6.7Internationalization / multi-language(33) Ratings
The software supports multiple languages, countries, currencies, etc.
Features that support the creation of website content.
- 6.1WYSIWYG editor(82) Ratings
What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get editing tool allows users to build pages without writing code.
- 8.5Code quality / cleanliness(66) Ratings
Code generated by WYSIWYG editor is clean and validates according to W3C standards.
- 8.3Admin section(84) Ratings
The admin page is easy to navigate and use.
- 8Page templates(93) Ratings
The CMS has standard webpage templates or types of web pages (e.g. homepage, article page, interior page, blog page, etc.); users can also build custom templates.
- 8.5Library of website themes(90) Ratings
A library of website frameworks or themes is available as a starting point for building a website.
- 7.3Mobile optimization / responsive design(93) Ratings
The CMS helps users build webpages that work well on mobile devices – whether m-dot pages or responsively designed pages.
- 7.9Publishing workflow(79) Ratings
The software allows users to set up a custom workflow for updating the website, including approval processes.
- 6.3Form generator(76) Ratings
Users can build website forms for visitors to fill out.
Features for managing website content
- 7.1Content taxonomy(66) Ratings
Users can create multiple levels and types of content categories including tags.
- 8.5SEO support(74) Ratings
The CMS helps users create the right website infrastructure (pagination, page headers, titles, meta tags, url structure, etc.) to increase the site’s visibility in search engine results.
- 6.8Bulk management(48) Ratings
Users can change an attribute on a group of documents or sites all at once through features such as global search and replace, making bulk changes easier.
- 5.6Availability / breadth of extensions(68) Ratings
There is a broad library of extensions, plug-ins, modules or add-ons that allow users to easily customize their websites without building custom code.
- 6.4Community / comment management(53) Ratings
Users can put post/page comments through an approval process, auto-approve commenters based on their email addresses, block commenters by IP address, delete comments, etc.
- Tech Details
Wix includes customizable HTML5 templates that can be used with its drag n' drop website builder. The vendor also offers 24/7 support and an App Market with over 200 apps. (These paid apps, as well as professional services offered by Wix, allow the company to make money while keeping its hosting service free.)
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- all in one marketing system
- custom form reporting and exporting
- customised subscriptions
- Prefabricated websites that can be adjusted by its users
- Website templates which are visually attractive
- In my opinion, with the removal of the ADI web-building tool in favor of editor, user-friendliness has suffered tremendously.
- In my opinion, the removal of the ADI web-building tool in favor of editor makes that a big portion of a website has to be redesigned, as items are now linked to each other in a different way than before.
- In my opinion, the removal of the ADI web-building tool in favor of editor makes Wix only usable for professional website builders and no longer for the general public.
- Its pre-made design and template make it easy to make any type of websites.
- Its Drag and Drop feature makes it easy even for beginners to make websites.
- It makes it easy to directly connect with customers and site visitors.
- Help you make your logos.
- Helps in website and store management.
- Lot of premium features for Free.
- Wix sometimes takes time to sync the updates you made to your site.
- Lot of feature and options, so beginner get overwhelmed and confused of what do use and how to use.
- Wix Support system takes a lot of time.
- Great Customer support
- Tons of templates to build stunning and amazing looking websites
- Best website builder tools on internet
- It is available for everyone to build a website from scratch.
- One can create websites that he likes and what he has in his mind.
- Premium plans are expensive after paying premium plans we have to pay other fees like security fees and domain fees etc. Free plans contain Wix branding.
- Premium plans include a single website only.
- Sometimes website loading is slow if we are opening from a foreign country.
- Ease of use
- Provides a robust library of templates and design elements
- Great customer service and technical support
- Moving a custom domain can be more of a seamless process
- The ability to customize for novice can be improved
- Customizing the look and feel on the mobile interface
- update site details
- apply surveys
- drag and drop content
- Need to allow for more templates
- Need to change admin platform to make editing more user friendly. still using old concept
- Need to change tree structure for global page groups
- Easy design tools for any one person.
- Tasteful design choices and layouts.
- Easy to edit
- The price became too high so I left.
- Tutorials for implementing music.
- Less layouts to choose from
- Default components
- Wizard to put together initial site
- Royalty free images
- Not enough templates
- Severe limited designer mode
- Some rights only available to owner
- Website setup and creation
- Adding content
- Dashboard page can be a little 'busy'
- Analytics can be confusing
We do not face any problems with it. it's been a good way for us to explore new applications that brings value to our design business.
- Easy and fast.
- A more complete design layout.
- Templates are not interchangeable.
- Loading speed could be better.
I would say, is a good-to-go tool for simple site development.
- Easy drag and drop.
- User permissions.
- Easy to make fast updates.
- Form collection could be better for collecting emails.
- Be able to have multiple owners of a given site (can only have one right now).
- Sometimes the mobile responsiveness looks a bit off.
- Comprehensive wizard to create a page.
- A lot of beautiful templates from you can choose from.
- The tool itself it's pretty fast when you want to preview your page.
- You have the ability to add apps like bookings or a store.
- When using the tools as an advanced user I expected editing HTML, but it's not available.
- Easy to create and duplicate website, and web pages for similar products, services and campaigns, so you do not have to start from scratch
- Find features such as video, image and button, and templates to customise your website's feel and look. For example, recently, I was able to add a countdown timer for the sale of tickets to our online conference.
- Creating website Anchors - making it easy for you to take a visitor to a particular part of a page so that they do not need to scroll through the entire webpage making it more user-friendly.
- The SEO part of Wix makes it easy for you to set up meta data, create fully functional social media shares that are on brand and looks professional in the Google search engine..
- Mobile response - finding the mobile view of the website is non-responsive, and that's very frustrating as we know most of our customers are finding us that way.
- The speed of loading the pages is not good and can come across as slow, especially via mobile. With users being less patient, this could reduce website visitors and them exploring our webpages.
I have and will continue to recommend the Wix website for those types of customers that I encourage to start with their business idea and test to see its viability by getting set up online.
- This is a very time-saving tool and it has affected the progress of my organization as well.
- Number of templates available.
- Editing features are smart and effective.
- Decent interface.
- Reliable services.
- Only the problem with this tool is that it is limited in features while publishing the digital content on the web you still need many tools which it lacks when it is compared with other similar tools.
- Many times, when I create the website and try to open it on the mobile it does not download fats.
- User-Friendliness: Wix is a lot easier to navigate than other web-building sites. Oftentimes it's like Wix does the thinking for you instead of just throwing endless options at you and complicating the process.
- Unique Content: Many services for generating websites, images, videos, etc. are starting to look the same and, for that matter, they're starting to look stale. What Wix offers feels fresher and cleaner.
- Reliability & Respectfulness: We have yet to incur any issues that have affected our web properties or routine to this point. Furthermore, Wix does not constantly throw new offers or new pricing or new requirements at us. They value you where you are.
- Data Size: Sometimes -- not always -- Wix eats up a lot of the computer's capacity when active and it can cause slower speeds and even shut-downs if you're not careful.
- Easy to scale
- Easy to create web app without programming
- Cheap and reliable
- Increase number of templates
- Work more on content recommendations
- manage payment in your online shop
- have no time and enough money to hire a web developer
I don’t recommend WIX if you need very complex website with customized data structure in backend
- Automatic site backup
- Excellent templates
- Website apps available
- Templates can't be changed easily
- Loading speed
- More languages
- E-mail integration
- Shop set-up and e-commerce
- Design Flexibility
- Newsletter plans
- Pricing is high for a start-up.
- It is not very intuitive in one particular aspect - that is the design of the customer log-in accounts for the forum; difficult to customize the design. But that is only one feature that is a bit dodgy. Called support, I have always been walked through the process very carefully and patiently.
I would not use Wix for low key personal blogs or portfolios or hobby low-key websites. It's not that it wouldn't perform well, it's just that it's an over-kill price wise and complexity wise for something that is not bringing a revenue or does not need to promote a brand. If you want to take your Ferrari to Walmart for shopping, there's nothing wrong with that, but a Subaru will do. Take your Ferrari for a hot drive. (Dang, I like Ferraris...)
- Wix has an easy to use drag and drop design interface.
- Wix is an inexpensive option.
- Wix provides user manuals and an easy to navigate help section.
- Wix's drag and drop feature needs some work. You can drag something over, but it doesn't drop easily and can overlap other sections.
- There are so many options that a beginner could get easily confused.
- The backend is messy and difficult to navigate.
- Easy usability for anyone.
- Easier way to upload photos (too many steps currently).
- Needs a tablet view.
- Easy to use
- More complex features
- Updated templates
- More support features
- Great extensive selection of templates to choose from for any type of website
- Very easy to build a site from scratch no matter how simple or complicated it needs to be
- Great selection of add ons from ecommerce tools, shopping carts and google analytics
- Could be a little overwhelming for someone without somewhat of a technical background
- The user interface, at times, can be a little to cluttered depending on what you're editing
- Wix makes it simple to set up a basic website in a matter of hours.
- They have a lot of options in the free version.
- It is super simple to create a website that is easy to use.
- There are some extra features that are not available in the free version.
- The user interface can use some improvement when it comes to the overall layout.
- They could also add to the tutorial library to help new developers further.
However, SEO tools and options are lacking, even with the option to add custom HTML code.
The image library doesn't function ideally but it can get the job done.
- WYSIWYG is great at placing things exactly where you want them to go.
- The site is very easy to use.
- Integrations work well.
- SEO Tools
- Image Library functions
- The plug-and-play design makes it easy for most anyone to use.
- The abundant variety of design tools Wix offers.
- The templates aren't just functional, they're beautiful!
- Although I've never used it, Wix's paid customer support seems easy to use and helpful.
- I understand Wix's desire to prevent users from editing HTML, but it would be nice on occasion.
- I'm reaching for things Wix could improve upon; I think their product meets my needs perfectly. I was going to say something about SEO training for site developers, but they do a great job with it too.