Overall Satisfaction with Magic xpa Application Platform
We use Magic xpi and xpa platforms in our company for connecting our ERP system (SAP Business One) with other systems in our ecosystem or with 3rd party software. SAP Business One has its own SDK, so you cannot do any inserts directly to the database, you have to do everything through the SDK objects which are already configured with Magic xpi. Magic xpi is the environment where you develop your solutions, and Magic xpa is the application platform in which the developments run.
- The UI is really simple to use, you have source/destination mapping for the items.
- The scheduler gives you a lot of options when executing the models.
- The error handling is usually pretty good and the errors can be corrected fast.
- Although the scenarios may be online, the main service usually freezes and the processes can't transact any data. With a single restart of the service, the processes will be functioning again.
- The support for more applications would be nice, even though there is a nice number of them. Most of the main applications in the market are supported.
- The licensing for the software may be a little confusing; you can't buy individual licenses as they come in packages of four.
- The implementation time for this kind of projects has been greatly reduced.
- Certifying an In-House resource in the Magix xpi and xpa platforms is probably the best option, considering all of the projects that can be developed in the future without the need of an external consultant.
- The processes that have been automatized with the Magic xpi platform helped reduce human error and the time those processes took to finish.
Honestly, we have only used and evaluated magic xpi/xpa platforms because of the recommendation of our SAP Business One main supplier, who has previously used the platform for their developments. So far, we have no regrets with the acquisition of the platform and we are very happy with its performance.
In our experience, the product performs really well when interfacing systems with ERP's through SQL server database tables, but we've even made some interfaces with the web service functionality included with the magic xpi integration platform. Also, we've made some SAP Business One - SAP Business One interfaces, for copying information from one company to another and even between two different ERP systems.