Marin Software in Review
May 01, 2014
Marin Software in Review
Account Manager in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 201-500 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Marin Software
Marin Software is being used exclusively by our Search team. The Search team has a number of different accounts, which utilize Marin's software in a number of different ways. However, across all of the accounts Marin helps with many of the Search processes such as automated bidding, appending tracking to URL's, ad scheduling, and making bulk changes to multiple vendors as once.
- The overall layout of Marin is very user friendly. For Search professionals, there is a similar feel between Marin and the major Search vendors' user interfaces. This allows for a seamless transition onto Marin.
- Marin's help section is very useful. They have a comprehensive list of articles that can help users with the more common issues that may arise. Additionally, they are reachable by email or by phone, and in my experience with Marin, their customer representatives are friendly and knowledgeable.
- Marin's filters are very user friendly. The platform makes it very easy to view only the information that you are looking for.
- Marin only syncs data from publishers once a day. I have found that this could lead to the previous days data not being published within Marin until a few hours after I've been at my desk. For up-to-the-minute data, I still need to go into the UI.
- Marin can take some time to pull in larger changes made to the UI on the Publisher side. Dealing with Enhanced Campaigns was a bit tough, since we had to wait for Marin to update its system before we could switch over the campaigns on our end.
- When working with very large accounts, Marin can start to get a bit slow. I work on an account with over a million keywords (which is understandably a lot), but the slower load times and reporting can still become frustrating.
- Marin has significantly helped our business in regard to employee efficiency. Since Marin is able to take care of the heavy lifting, the Search team is able to spend more time on optimizations and overall strategy.
- We have utilized the Marin automated bidding folders, and they have significantly lowered our accounts' cost per conversion, which in turn leads to a happier client, and a larger budget YoY.
- The automated reporting that Marin offers helps us to create large, comprehensive reporting for our clients, with a minimal time investment for our employees. This has resulted in better customer service, since we can have very fast turnaround time on reporting.
I don't think that every account requires Marin. It is a very useful tool for larger accounts that require bulk changes, and automated bidding to be in place. If someone works on a smaller client, then I don't think this software would be as necessary. However, I think that for any larger account, Marin could significantly help to streamline the more monotonous tasks.
Using Marin Software
We are going to continue using Marin for a number of reasons. On top of all the benefits it offers (easy reporting, automated bidding, good customer service), our team has also invested a lot of time learning the ins and outs of the Marin platform. Transitioning over to a different vendor would require a significant learning curve, and since we are happy with the product and service that Marin offers, we see no reason to change.