Being predictability to marketing pipeline - use Marketo
- Marketo has really perfected the balance between usability and power. I've used this product in 3 companies now and always had good results.
- Marketo, and software like it, have given marketers data we've never had before. We can truly show what's coming in the pipeline and bring predictability to what we do.
- One key thing about Marketo is that it really needs to be set up completely and with an eye to every detail in order to get the full power out.
- Product requires nearly full time support from a person on the marketing team.
- Bringing predictability to the marketing pipeline.
- Automates contact with prospects.
Really think through your internal team process and resource to make sure you can fully utilize Marketo. Start with simple nurture tracks with a view to a bigger goal. Be sure you have enough content to "feed the beast" as nurture tracks and other programs require interesting content for prospects. Be sure you have a person with Marketo experience or are willing to invest in training (online training is good but on-site training is better). There are many good consultants and agencies (Bluebird Strategies is one) that can help you with implementation beyond what Marketo offers.
20 - Two marketing operations people who program campaigns. 15 sales development people (lead qualification) who use Sales Insight. Marketing managers who look at reports.
3 - Two people who are in marketing operations + a great outside consultant who is an expert in making sure we get the most out of Marketo.
Evaluation and Selection
Yes - Marketo replaced Eloqua. Marketo was perceived to be easier to use. And the acquisition of Eloqua by Oracle made us nervous.