Will you marry me Marketo?
Updated December 15, 2016
Will you marry me Marketo?
Score 10 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
The marketing department uses Marketo to reach out to our lead data base as well as send mass emails to our student, staff, and alumni populations. However, we do allow other departments to make email requests. The requests are sent to and executed by the marketing department. Marketo has helped us send our a variety of emails to very specific audiences based on custom fields.
- Tokens are amazing and allow me to alter information in several emails with just a single edit.
- I have a lot more options for creating automations with the smart list.
- It is super simple to break down the "all people" view in the database with smart list filters.
- Support team is very quick to respond.
- I hate that when using a token that populates a time it automatically uses central time. Rather than having to write script, it should be easier to change.
- There should be more detailed information docs on tokens. We had an issue with one for months, come to find out Marketo cannot read a field labeled "Program" because it thinks we're referencing the actual Marketo Program vs a custom field. This info would have been helpful to know when creating fields.
- Product Launches
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
Our goal is to move leads down the sales funnel. We want to see leads apply, enroll and then close the gap from those students that enroll to those that actually start. We are also shifting our focus onto student retention as well as more engagement with high school students that are more than a year from graduation.
- Engage and grow customers over time
- Plan and coordinate marketing across your team
We still have a lot of engagement campaigns we would like to build. However, we have been able to make our email templates much more uniform and as a result we have seen much more interaction. With the calendar view I am also better able to schedule emails in advance so I can ensure that we are not sending out too many to the same audience.
Marketo is 100x better and more effective! I love how easy it is to manage my database. With Pardot it was a pain and I had to manually delete prospects. With Marketo I can set up smart lists to run nightly to eliminate invalid and unmarketable leads. I also love that the smart list and flow steps are on one page and I don't have to have a ton of tabs open like I did with Pardot.
Marketo has so many more options for really drilling down into your database as well as setting automations for email sending than other platforms I've used. For this reason alone I recommend Marketo! It is also really easy to keep a clean database by setting up normalizing data smart campaigns as well as removing inactive leads.
Adobe Marketo Engage Feature Ratings
The team is usually very quick to respond. I have only had 1 case in which it took over a month because their tech team had to dig into why a token wasn't populating. Seems like the first time they had experienced this issue. Submitting a support ticket is very quick, easy, and painless. I also love that they prompt you to read help documents and you are typing in you ticket subject line. If those don't help they at least allow me to better explain my issue.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Difficult to get immediate help
Marketo seems to have a lot of moving bits, which is great because you can create very specific campaigns. However, it can be a bit confusing at first and I still use the community and support tickets to find answers to my questions. Luckily there are so many user and the support team is quick to respond that I am usually able to fix the issue within the week.
Easy to use
Feel confident using