Marketo helps us get more/better leads!
Updated December 15, 2016
Marketo helps us get more/better leads!
Score 10 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
- Marketo Sales Insight
- Marketo Revenue Cycle Analytics
- Marketo Real-Time Analytics
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is used by our marketing and support departments primarily. We use it for all emails that go out to our clients and prospects. It allows us to seamlessly integrate with our CRM and communicate effectively with our contacts.
- Tracks our leads through a funnel before passing them onto our sales team.
- Seamless integration with our CRM.
- Sends emails to our contacts and allows us to target our message based on roles.
- Allows us to personalize our webpage based on user experience, location and special promotions.
- Integrates with our webinar providers to allow us to promote our events across multiple channels.
- The calendar, while a great addition, is not where we need it to be to track our campaigns and see how many are running within a specific time frame.
- The analytics section is due for an upgrade in the next few weeks, but for now when you go into RCE, it has a very old look/feel that can be taken the wrong way.
Marketo blows Constant Contact out of the water! When we used it, we had to upload our larger lists in separate batches since it would only let you import 10k at a time. When we send mass emails to our clients, it will have well over 60k contacts for a single email. It also didn't have the ability for dynamic content so we would have to split all emails up for different countries and languages. This was a mess with trying to work on anything. It didn't integrate with any of our other systems at the time either so the sales/services teams were not able to have visibility into marketing activities.
If you have a lot of duplicates in your system on purpose, then Marketo may struggle. Otherwise, it is very well suited to use as a total marketing automation platform. We use it to track our leads, execute complex campaigns, nurture our contacts, run reports on our successes and many more items. It's a fantastic software that we can't do without!
Marketo Feature Ratings
2 - With Marketo, you really do not need a lot of people to support it. You need an admin (we have 2) who can provide access and make sure that everything is running smoothly. Our admin is also in charge of items such as naming conventions and folder structures to keep our instance neat and easy to understand.
- Sending emails, whether promotional or thought leadership, to our clients & prospects
- Integrating with our CRM to provide a wholistic view to our sales team of all marketing activities
- Integrating with our event partners allowing us to brand & personalize all parts of a webinar or other virtual event
- Promoting our annual user conference
- Allowing us to personalize our website based on a users location or other experiences on our site.
- Data quality with our CRM. We have been able to use it to help maintain that our country or state fields are maintained with the values that we want. The same goes for job title which is not available to be a picklist in the CRM.
- There is an upcoming integration with SurveyMonkey that we plan on using and cannot wait for it to launch!
Every year when it comes up for renewal, we are constantly adding new pieces to our subscription. Last year we added Marketo Real-Time Personalization (RTP) which allows us to personalize our website to the user's experience. We have a great experience every time we work with them and it's very rare to have the system cause us problems.
- Marketo has definitely helped with efficiency. We moved from another program where we had to upload lists and could only do them in batches of so many at a time. This and many other factors have made us more efficient!
- Marketo has helped us with our tracking of leads through the entire funnel. We can now go from an anonymous lead just looking at our website all the way through to closed business. We can also then loop it around again to use our lead process for upsell opportunities which is critical in today's market.
- Marketo has had a huge impact on us because of its ability to integrate with our CRM. We can now work with sales and customer service to ensure that we have the correct contacts and there is seamless integration to offer them the visibility into what a contact has received.
Evaluating Marketo and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
The features of the product was the most important factor. We moved because Marketo offers us the ability to do more than just a single email at a time. We can now send complex email campaigns including landing pages with tracking. We can integrate our events and have a consistent branding to them. We can integrate with our CRM and provide a wholistic view to our sales and services teams.
Support is very good, but some of my more complicated requests have a hard time being answered.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
I have found Marketo more easy to use and flexible than any other product that we've looked at. It also integrates with various other systems that we use including our CRM and event partners. This allows us to seamlessly move through our day and provide up-to-date and accurate information to our sales and customer service team.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Nurture streams are extremely easy to perform. You can drag and drop your completed emails into them and rearrange on the fly with Marketo automatically knowing which people in the nurture may have already received content and automatically sending them the next item on the list.
- The calendar is slightly cumbersome. I find it hard to see what I want on it, but it's a very new feature that they have already made improvements to.
As we have grown, Marketo has grown with us. We started with simple single email campaigns and are now doing complex campaigns with multiple emails and tracks that we send a contact to if they take certain actions within our emails. We also have a complex integration with several systems and have the visibility into our marketing activities throughout our organization.