Catchy Title Here
Updated November 13, 2018
Catchy Title Here
Score 8 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is currently being used in the marketing department, but we are setting the stage to launch company-wide so our HR teams, IT and Sales teams can all make use of Marketo and the tools available to help drive a cohesive strategic direction.
- Lead Management
- Email Marketing
- Landing Page/Form Creation
- Analytics and Dashboard views for executive and team lead positions. Or dynamic, customizable dashboards.
- Product Launches
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
Drive new leads and funnel churn.
Adobe Marketo Engage Feature Ratings
Using Marketo's core features
- Email Templates
- Landing Pages
- Smart Campaigns
- Lead Scoring
- Lead Sourcing
- Lead Nurture
- Lead Scoring for sure! It's incredible how granular you can get or not get, but it all helps draw a better picture of your database and their preferences. We have used scoring to segment lines of business based on activity of the leads.
- Smart lists. Another feature that is incredibly flexible that allows us to dive into our database and quickly pick out segments, activity and demographics.
- Dynamic Content. This feature helps us parse out content within emails based on fields we set up custom to our industry.
Lead Scoring. I wish we would have aligned scoring sooner to our business objectives to better rate our database on their interest level with the content, and push this information to our sales team to paint a better picture of our sales prospects to see what kind of lead (warm, cool or hot) they are.
The Marketo Community has been a vital part in our understanding of Marketo, especially the early days where we were still learning the basics.
I think Marketo stands apart from the competition by integrating smart lists, segments, dynamic content and forms all in one place where I can score my leads based on their activity and pull it all together to have a better picture of a lead. It is fantastic that I can also see these metrics laid out in Marketo's analytics.
Benefits of using some of Marketo's core features
We have segments based on where they came in from. If they're totally new to us and came from a particular channel, we want to treat them differently. It's about a level of customization we can give our leads and an overall better experience.
Live Events, Webinars and Web Forms primarily.
These channels allow us to measure the effectiveness of events or webinars, or show us where we can improve our efforts.
Highly satisfied with the segmentation capabilities. I feel it is easy to define your audience and keep it as broad as you want or as granular.
We operate in the financial services space and with that comes rules of engagement we MUST follow. So when setting up our segmentation rules, particular contacts can see all our content, some can see only a little and others can see most of it. Marketo allows us to service all of them quickly and efficiently using segmentations and dynamic content.
We use Smart Campaigns for the traditional uses like setting up who an email should go to, but we also use them to segment out an audience or use them to be a part of a larger Smart List. We also use Smart Campaigns to identify users of our content in real-time.
- Webinars. We use GoToWebinar as a solution and the integration to push contacts and monitor leads across our webinars.
- Sales Marketing. We have RVPs segmented and based off activity and subscription preferences, we're able to customize emails out to lists efficiently.
- Sales Marketing. Due to the nature of our industry, we have rules of engagement to follow and having Marketo allows us to dynamically change content within emails based on segmentations for particular accounts.
- Lead management. We have contacts that have potentially gone stale in our CRM and with Marketo we can try to see if they're active anymore and decide whether they are still eligible for marketing.
- Lead Scoring. We have been using Marketo's lead scoring, but a surprising way has been merging the marketing activity and production data within our own proprietary CRM system to create a new score based on sales activity and marketing activity.
- We're excited to see what Sales Engage can do and give more marketing control and power to our sales team.
I gave this a 7/10 because the product itself is amazing! I love it. BUT their customer service is lacking. We don't feel like they value a relationship with our company as we haven't been contacted by our account manager since we purchased the product two years ago. We have been contacted, but it was by someone giving a cold call to to see if Marketo would be a good fit for us - we're a customer already!! It's highly disappointing.
I've tried giving Marketo more money! We want to expand our service through Marketo and add on, but it seems I can't get in contact with anyone at Marketo and get actual follow through! Love the product, but service is lacking from my perspective.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Support cares about my success
Slow Initial Response
When we first purchased Marketo, we had exceptional service! Quick to reply and service us, but since then it's been radio silence!