Vidyard Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Rachel Thomas profile photo
Our marketing and sales departments both use Vidyard. Marketing uses it to host the majority of our videos so that we can monitor how far our prospects get into our video content and our sales team uses it to record and share quick demos for prospects on certain software functionality. Marketing is also able to trigger campaigns through our Marketo integration based on how far a prospect has made it through a video.
  • Vidyard is great for what you end up paying. It delivers no frills service but you get the main features like attention tracking, ctas, etc.
  • There is a very robust user community that you can always go to for ideas.
  • Our sales team has made great use of the GoVideo feature where they can just quickly make a video of their screen. It's great for responding to off the cuff questions about our product.
  • The back end of the system is not very user friendly. We've been using it for years and still get confused about where we are in the interface.
  • The downloadable analytics are really lacking and it can be difficult to pull pretty standard reports.
  • How they calculate total number of videos in your account is frustrating, as, because of the way you have to set up your players, videos often get double counted.
If you're using videos for a smaller part of your marketing, and you just want something that offers a better experience than YouTube and gives you basic tracking for a decent price, then I'd say go for Vidyard. If you are primarily marketing with videos, have a large library, or want to report heavily on your videos, maybe look for a different solution,
Read Rachel Thomas's full review
Tom Burgess profile photo
Vidyard is the tool everyone needs that is serious about video marketing. Features aside, Vidyard is the best platform to implement if you have videos that help showcase your services or products, allowing you to see when, what, and for how long prospects are engaging with your video content. The age of relying on YouTube and Vimeo are over, you need to get serious about how your videos are actually being “received” by your prospects. It’s not about production value and how great your video looks, it’s about if your video is actually working to make you money, and Vidyard helps deliver that visibility.
  • Customer Service: Their team is here to help solve challenges, keep you up to date on software/feature updates, and win with video.
  • Features: Their tools are robust, and their bolt on features consider the intangibles on your brand and how you can easily push your video content in your digital marketing stack.
  • User Experience: Their tool set can seem a bit daunting/challenging until you spend the time inside of the software. I think there is room to improve the user experience of the toolset in admin/option areas.
Companies that have established videos and use a modern CSM can benefit greatly - but even for those who don't, their free/lower tier options are still exceptional to get you ramped up.
Read Tom Burgess's full review
Stephen Adams profile photo
Our marketing team utilizes Vidyard to host some of our videos on landing pages within HubSpot. We were looking for a resource that would allow us to easily host and play videos on our landing pages without using YouTube or fighting with any lightbox effects on HubSpot. It may be a small thing to keep users from leaving our site to go to YouTube, but the more time they spend away from distractions, the more interactions we'll have with a potential prospect or even a current client.
  • Basic ease of use
  • Integrates with MAP
  • Clean interface
  • Technical skill is required for deeper use of some tools
  • Interface is plain
  • It can be tricky to know when to select "player" and when to select "video" when working directly in Vidyard
If you're creating quick, short videos for landing pages or automated marketing emails, this platform is perfect. If you're hoping to capture additional leads, Vidyard has some significant tools that can help you with it; it even has the ability to create buttons within the video itself during play. You still should post most of your videos to YouTube, for obvious touchpoint reasons, but Vidyard provides a great tool to think outside of the box.
Read Stephen Adams's full review
Ryan Sarti profile photo
Vidyard is vital to our organization. We use it to host videos embedded on our website. We use it for embedding videos in email campaigns. We use the video hub on our website. I love the closed captioning that keeps us ADA compliant as well as giving us the translation options.

We are big fans of the event function and we get viewers completing the form at the end of the video and sending it in. Overall, Vidyard is high functional, high value for us.
  • Ease of use. You don't need training, you can log in and go to work
  • Organizing and curating your video assets is simple
  • Closed captioning is very easy and very good
  • I'd like to be able to see more players in the home page
  • I'd like to see the closed captioning be more automatic
If you are using video in email marketing, this is a great tool. Vidyard makes it fast and easy. It works well with embedding videos on your website so you aren't sending people to YouTube. You don't want to work hard to get guests to your site only to send them to YouTube.
Read Ryan Sarti's full review
Bob Engelhart profile photo
Vidyard has become a core tool with our Account-Based outreach program. The very first email a prospect receives from us has a personalized video embedded in the core of the email. In the past, we used hyperlinks to YouTube videos but with Vidyard we embed an animated thumbnail of the prospect's website. Using this kind of personalized approach we have probably tripled our engagement. With analytics like attention span and number of watches etc., we can track what is working and what is not. We will be expanding our use of Vidyard into other areas of the business including client onboarding. I am a fan.
  • Vidyard integrates with our HubSpot Sales Pro, making it easy to add a video to an email sequence. In the past, it was a clumsy effort. With Vidyard our output is much higher.
  • With Vidyard it is simple to record your screen and presenter simultaneously. I don't have hard data, but from my observation, when someone sees the human who is making a first-time contact, the trust level skyrockets.
  • I really like the Chrome Extension. Not only does it make it easy to make a quick video on the fly, but it also provides notification when a video is watched. This kind of insight is precious when making initial connections.
  • My only issue with using Vidyard is that when I send an email via HubSpot, I am not able to get some of the crucial analytics like how many times a specific section of a video was watched. This is great data when you think about tracking what is resonating with prospects.
Vidyard is our most powerful tool for initial client outreach. The personalization that is possible goes far beyond the old options. Further applications we have planned for 2020 include onboarding new clients and additional sale enablement videos explaining complex concepts.

For anyone in service, I recommend building an FAQ library in both written text and video. Give your customers a choice, it is easy with Vidyard.
Read Bob Engelhart's full review
Jon Mazza profile photo
Our sales, marketing, and even our support teams are using Vidyard to help with customer questions about how to use the product, create content around how to use the product, and to just send a little personalized message to a prospect or current customer. We're able to keep track of whether or not the person viewed the video and how much of it they watched which is especially useful for our outbound prospecting efforts and figuring out what works and what doesn't.
  • It's easy to use.
  • The integrations with Gmail and SalesLoft are HUGE for me and our team.
  • It helps create a brand around myself and my prospects and customers can see that I am a real person.
  • Being able to edit a video can get confusing at times.
  • The UI on the web app is not very user friendly.
It works best for me towards the end of an email Cadence with SalesLoft. It also works great when we make a quick, cool video before a conference. It gets people to recognize us and even want to meet up with us.
I like to keep a video thumbnail in my email signature to help me stand out as well.
If I could do more with editing videos inside of their web app I'd give it a 10.
Read Jon Mazza's full review
Matthew Gardner profile photo
We use Vidyard and GoVideo for several use cases at RouteThis:

• Marketing uses it to host videos that capture leads and data on inbounds
  • Sales uses it to send personalized videos to leads inside emails
  • Product and support uses it to create how-tos and answer questions customers have
  • Internally I also wish to use it in future to shoot quick internal videos and to give internal product updates
  • Easy to host video and customize the look of the player
  • Easy to integrate/embed video onto your websites
  • Top-tier lead capture an analytics on video watching
  • With the GoVideo product, shooting a video with product screen captures is easier than with any other software
  • Amazing customer support
  • Backend user interface is a bit cumbersome
  • If you use the Vidyard hosting pages they aren't very customizable
Definitely useful for larger SaaS businesses who have a sales process created and can see where video fits in. GoVideo lets employees quickly create video without needing equipment, planning etc. But for videos for a larger audience you're going to want some in-house video skills or budget to hire out. As well, a lot of Vidyard's real value comes when you have enough inbounds to lead capture and gather analytics on those visitors.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
Gabrielle Wayman profile photo
September 14, 2019

Happy Vidyard User!

Individuals use it as a communication channel with existing and prospective customers. Those of us who use it find it an incredibly valuable sales and relationship tool!
  • Emailing embedded personal videos using the whiteboard trick is a great way to catch the attention of folks who haven't responded in a while!
  • It's very easy for me to look up and share past videos.
  • The interface is simple and it's easy to teach others how to use it.
  • It can be hard to click start/stop when recording a video without having to look away from the camera. Is it possible to make it an option to edit off the last second of a video so that we don't look offscreen at the very end?
  • It's hard to understand the tracking/ analytics sometimes, but this might be because I'm not sharing the videos "correctly." I work with account groups, and my best use case is to record one video addressing the team and sending it to everyone. I don't want to send five or seven different emails, so I put multiple email addresses on the send line. I'm told this causes the tracking to be incorrect, but I'd rather have poor tracking than have to send the same video over and over to individual users. Not only is that a pain for me, but it also means that the team can't respond as a group to each other--only to me.
Prospecting, for sure. Also client relationships. I can send a report and have to rely on how the reader interprets it, but if I include a video I can provide a human face to the report and some context so that we can have a dialogue about it. I also like to use the voice-over option when I need to answer a question via email--show, don't tell. Eliminates a lot of confusion.
Read Gabrielle Wayman's full review
Chris Grant profile photo
Lots of uses - how long is a piece of string... It's great for all parts of the sales process: prospecting, meeting summaries, proposal wrap-ups, etc. My favorite use is instructional videos - how to. When someone asks a question a video is much quicker and easier to send and digest
  • Ease of recording videos.
  • Ease of sharing videos.
  • Adaptability.
  • The way things are named - videos/players, etc can get a bit confusing.
Sales outreach, meeting summaries, proposal descriptions, instructional videos are all well suited to Vidyard. It's versatile and usually the only thing that will prevent a way of using it is the human element - people are sometimes less happy to be on camera.
Read Chris Grant's full review
Sam Griffard ☁ profile photo
Our sales team uses it for cold outreach, meeting follow ups, and objection handling.
  • Great onboarding and implementation process.
  • Great servicing with not only handling issues but also providing best practices.
  • The tool is so easy to use.
  • The only thing I would like to see done differently is the website where you can go to manage users and content.
Vidyard is great for business/sales development teams trying to cut through all the noise and get the attention of their prospects. We also use it to provide micro demos or meeting recaps. This has been a game-changer because now our prospects can share those internally and go over them multiple times.
Read Sam Griffard ☁'s full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
I use Vidyard for video marketing to prospects, send brief weekly "sales meeting" emails to my teammates and create tutorials for both prospects and teammates. You don't have to download any software: it can be accessed easily through a Chrome extension. The best part is it is free for right now.
  • Easy-to-use
  • Free
  • Works with Gmail
  • Expand maximum recording time
  • Allow for use on other email platforms
  • More share options
The best use for me is marketing. You can use it for the lifecycle of a sale. When I get a prospect, I will send them an Introduction video which has a value proposition. I can see if they open it because Vidyard tracks opens. When a prospect has questions about a particular subdivision or city, I can create on the fly a quick info video which gives them information.
Read Robert Foreman's full review
Abby Montgomery profile photo
Vidyard is used to create short, impromptu videos for customers and internal stakeholders. The platform allows the organization to show a "face" to our business. It is used by account executives and implementation services.
  • The platform is very intuitive.
  • The metrics for video views are great.
  • The ability to generate a closed captioning file is a must.
  • The video editing tools are very limited.
I have found Vidyard is not best suited for videos where you want to switch between a live demo and a prepared powerpoint presentation, due to its limited editing tools.
It is wonderful for delivering personalized videos to a wide variety of audiences.
Read Abby Montgomery's full review
Chris Duprey profile photo
Vidyard is being used throughout our entire organization. We use it in sales, marketing, service, and as a leadership tool, leveraging booth hosting and 1:1 video. Additionally, we use Vidyard with our clients to help with both sales and marketing. Vidyard helps prospects see us before we see them and helps us internally communicate with greater efficiency.
  • 1:1 video in email with GoVideo.
  • Great dashboards and analytics.
  • The support team is very helpful if you ever need them.
  • Would love to be able to jump between tab, screen, and camera view on GoVideo.
Vidyard is the best 1:1 video platform I've used. It integrates very easily with Slack and email in order to ensure that messages are sent and received. I really enjoy the fact that I get notified with who has watched my video and for how long. This tool allows me to send messages quickly, without the fear that people will read into what I've said since they are seeing me!
Read Chris Duprey's full review
Maury Rubin profile photo
September 10, 2019

Vidyard Video Works

We use it to do creative outreach to new and existing clients primarily on the sales team. Most sales teams will just cold call or cold email. Video is an incredibly powerful tool to get people's attention and Vidyard gives us the capability to utilize video at scale.
  • Cold outreach
  • Client management
  • Customer demonstrations
  • Does not integrate well with HubSpot
  • Does not integrate well with Salesforce
Video just works. It's that simple. More people engage with video than a simple email or call.
Read Maury Rubin's full review
Primarily, we're using Vidyard for in-app education, supporting new customer prospecting, and measuring the efficacy of our video marketing assets. Secondarily we're also using Vidyard for internal employee communications such as training, sharing company content, and delivering more engaging internal communications.
  • Video Recording (esp. including your screen) - making it easy for new users to ramp up effectively.
  • Integrations with other products (Gmail, SalesLoft, and HubSpot most notably) are excellent as we can leverage our Vidyard videos across all our tools.
  • Notifications of views - making it very easy to follow up with engaged prospects and customers.
  • The admin user interface has some navigation and metaphor challenges, making it hard to use many of the less common features.
  • For internal communications, the lack of commenting and annotation is an unfortunate limitation.
  • Lack of strong mobile app on Android is disappointing.
Vidyard is ideal for scaling tech companies that want to improve their customer and internal communications in a measurable way. It's super easy, fun to use, and delivers a great tool for onboarding and support.
Vidyard is being used across our Global Sales organization and at individual department levels. It's primarily used to create & share customer enablement videos (Product Demonstrations, Customer Success Stories or other Product Marketing content).
  • Simple video player with single or multi-video edit capabilities.
  • Easy sharing of videos (public or private password-protected).
  • Analytics around video views & Impact.
  • Faster upload & encoding speeds.
  • Weekly summaries of video impact/impressions would also be helpful.
Vidyard is great for sharing customer videos, enablement, and other "series" which can secure the videos and allow for you to track the impressions & impact those videos are having across the organization. It's less suited for the quick video upload since it takes a little bit of overhead to set up the videos & a video player.
October 11, 2019

Nice and Easy!

We provide a variety of services to our clients, including but not limited to strategy consulting, software implementation, and reselling of other software. In all of these various communications, there are numerous opportunities for information mishap, as I like to call it, like misunderstandings of platform capabilities, project updates, and reseller introductions from our partners' confusing prospects. This is where Vidyard comes in to help us clearly communicate and articulate who we are, our offering, our purpose, and point, where we stand on a current project, etc. Live calls are difficult to schedule when we are such a small team serving several time zones, so asynchronous video provided on-demand is a brilliant solution.
  • Providing lots of capabilities to the freemium offering.
  • A wide scope of video platform solution sets.
  • Thought leadership on best practices.
  • Long term pricing strategies: prices and feature sets change way too frequently and often contradict previous years.
  • The UI is very difficult on the back end. This is coming from hefty experience.
Vidyard is well suited for quick start and flexibility, as well as long-term innovation. Stability is key.
It's less appropriate to upgrade paths to paid solutions (when comparing apples to apples).
Vidyard is the best service for sharing video links through firewalls, but most importantly, it allows you to see if someone actually watched a video, how much attention they paid to the video, and therefore how likely they are to have understood the information. This is invaluable when it comes to sales demos, recorded meetings for missed-attendees, and other applications where it is critical to ensure that information is conveyed.
  • Instant analytics
  • Share large video files without attaching to emails
  • Easy to understand
  • People may be unfamiliar with this tool and therefore hesitant to use it when you send them the link
  • We use a free version, which is excellent, but I am not sure of the cost if using premium
  • The UI is better than any others, but still may be confusing for first-time users who don't read the directions
Vidyard is perfect for sales and training, and really any other application where videos are used. It doesn't hinder if people skip through a video, but it does provide analytics to the host if they do, so I see literally no downsides.
On the sales team, it is being used in different areas of the sales process from cold videos, meeting recap videos, and conference invites. It just depends on the person and their preference. I have personally used it in my cold outreach as well as a voicemail follow to put my face to the name.
  • Easy to record
  • Makes it easy to make a gif
  • Gives you multiple ways to video, whether just you, another screen and you, or just another screen
  • Can't record on Android
  • Editing the video
  • Splicing videos together isn't as intuitive as I thought it would be
Well suited to send highlight videos of our product and what we do. Always great for sending a video as a follow up to a meeting or demo to recap what the conversation was and the key takeaways. It also is helpful in follow-ups as it is more personable than your generic, plain email.
September 10, 2019

Vidyard and CSC Scientific

Use Vidio in Training, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service programs.
  • Making quick video emails.
  • Video Library is not easy to figure out.
  • Setting up to move and share video not intuitive.
It is well suited for use by a salesperson who wants to use video for short personalize communication with prospects.
September 14, 2019

Vidyard helps us thrive

We use it to host and manage our video content. It gives us a central location for multiple people to collaborate.
  • Host videos
  • Allow for customization
  • Captioning
  • Searching
  • Syncing to social platforms
It’s a great site to manage content on.
We use it to trigger marketing efforts based on more accurate video consumption. For example, if someone watches 15% of a video, we add them to a particular engagement program to nurture them over time, or trigger an email with a personalized offer.
  • Video Embed
  • Conversion from Video
  • Canary/alert for when integration with Marketo breaks
Anyone using video as a tactic in their marketing strategy should be using Vidyard rather than YouTube. Person-level reporting data is invaluable and much more useful for informing your marketing strategy than all-up metrics.
Brad Banyas profile photo
OMI utilizes Vidyard across our sales, marketing, and support engagements. Vidyard is connected to our Sales and Marketing processes via manual and automated sales and marketing outreach campaigns or one to one engagements with our sales emails. We have leveraged Vidyard's API to be able to call video in our email, landing page and social outreach seamlessly to seamlessly integrate with 366 Degrees our campaign execution platform. The Vidyard platform has been a key component in our communication strategy to leverage video across our lead and customer life cycles. Our ability to monitor and measure video effectiveness in our campaigns has been a great asset to the organization. The problem we were trying to solve was to be able to easily incorporate video across our campaigns and measure how and where video was helping in the conversion funnel.
  • The Vidyard API and Hosting platform has saved tremendous time and streamlined our ability to easily utilize assets across our marketing and sales channels via the API.
  • We like the ease of setting up Call to Action (CTA) and video capture landing pages in hours vs long extended setup of Video Assets for our campaigns.
  • In addition, we utilize Vidyard GoVideo for our one to one sales outreach communications that makes it really simple for our sale and support teams to communicate and make the engagement personal with our clients and prospects.
  • I think Vidyard is heading in the right direction. To date we have no issues or complaints.
  • Pricing plans and licensing should be a little easier for organizations to understand. I believe this will ease the process of getting more companies to take advantage of the platform.
Vidyard's hosting and personalized services are more suited for organizations that are already familiar with video marketing across the enterprise. This works well for organizations that have an internal video production team or are utilizing agencies for the delivery of their video assets and campaigns. Vidyard shines in the enterprise market based on the depth of the API integration with CRM, marketing automation platforms and sales enablement platforms.

My recommendation for companies that do not fit the above is to look at Vidyard GoVideo which is specifically suited for video use cases like one to one video for sales outreach or customer support cases to include video in emails and outreach. This is where I would start for companies that are just getting into video and may not have current video assets to leverage. User-based video is effective and GoVideo can be used for free to get your feet wet.
Read Brad Banyas's full review
Kat Jovey profile photo
Sale uses Vidyard a bit at our company (certain people more than others) but I use it in Customer Success. It's is wonderful for getting into to our clients quickly and in a way that is easy to understand. I used to use emails and screen grabs and arrows and then text descriptions of what they needed to do but this way I can just record a 1-minute screen share and explain how to fix their problem or use a feature etc. Some of our Support agents have started using it too.
  • Super user-friendly and easy to use.
  • Very fast and efficient.
  • Great support.
  • Being able to download and edit your footage.
  • Being able to switch between views (your face, the screen, your face in a bubble on the screen) within a single video.
Great for explaining features, a good back up if a client can't make a meeting and they need to know some important info. I love that you can see if someone viewed the video and how much of a video they got through.
Read Kat Jovey's full review
Luke Cochran profile photo
Vidyard is being used across the sales department to:
  1. Follow up conversations for recaps/quick highlights
  2. Introductions to new accounts
  3. Detailed explanations within our platform
  4. Internal training/communication
  • Easy to install
  • Easy to use at a foundational level
  • Quick to deploy (2 clicks to start recording)
  • Very confusing to customize
  • Hard to find the responsive embedded code
  • Doesn't have a quick way to delete videos, takes 30+ seconds sometimes, and you are often reiterating videos
It is well suited when working in Saas. You can easily work with your software/tool, record your audio on top, and send it immediately. It is also helpful when looking to explain something that is on a web page when a screenshot won't do.
Read Luke Cochran's full review

About Vidyard

Vidyard offers a video platform for marketing and sales teams. It provides businesses of all sizes the tools and data needed to maximize audience engagement, move prospects through the sales funnel, and measure the real impact and ROI of video.

Vidyard Features

Has featureSales Enablement Tools
Has featureScreen and Webcam Recording

Vidyard Screenshots

Vidyard Video

Watch Turn Viewers into Customers! Generate revenue with your video marketing by tracking individual viewer data with your marketing automation and CRM tools.

Vidyard Downloadables

Vidyard Plus$850per month
Vidyard EnterpriseCustomper installation
Vidyard GoVideo Pro$80per seat
Vidyard GoVideo for TeamsCustomper seat

Pricing for enterprise packages is based on a number of factors such as users, needs, and implementation criteria.

Vidyard Support Options