Good and OK

December 09, 2021

Pretty good, but not great

November 30, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021

Video link sharing (44)

Video quality / Bandwidth controls (41)

Per video tracking (41)

Video analytics dashboard (41)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Vidyard, and make your voice heard!

Free

$0

per month

Pro

$15

Teams

$300

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.vidyard.com/pricing

Video Marketing

Video Analytics

Video Hosting, Management & Storage

Video Engagement

What is Vidyard?

Vidyard is a video tool built for virtual selling. It aims to make it easy to record and send videos that add a personal touch at all stages of the sales cycle–from prospecting to proposals. Backed by video analytics and integrations, Vidyard boasts users among thousands of virtual sales and marketing teams across the globe to help them generate more leads and close more deals with video.

Vidyard Features

• Supported: Desktop app
  • Supported: Virtual selling tools
  • Supported: Sales Engagement Platform integrations

Vidyard Screenshots

Record and send sales videos from your browser, desktop, or phone to connect, convert, and close for virtual selling.Record your screen to deliver effective product demos, presentations, and proposal walkthroughs that build buyer consensus across the full sales cycle.Detailed video analytics show you who’s watching and for how long so you can prioritize and personalize your sales strategy. Measure how each team member is performing with video.CRM integrations push video view data to lead and contact records. Use viewing data to surface high-intent leads, and measure videos’ impact on pipeline and revenue.Add a link as an in-video call-to-action that drives buyers to next steps– from providing additional resources to booking a meeting right from your video.From sales engagement platforms, to CRMs, to marketing automation systems–and even Zoom and Slack–Vidyard is integrated into the tools your team is already using every day.

Vidyard Videos

Vidyard Integrations

Vidyard Competitors

Vidyard Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is Vidyard?

Vidyard is an enterprise video platform built to turn viewers into customers with in-depth insights and robust integrations with different customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms.

What are Vidyard's top competitors?

Loom, Drift, and Wistia are common alternatives for Vidyard.

What is Vidyard's best feature?

Reviewers rate Video link sharing highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses Vidyard?

The most common users of Vidyard are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Chris Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have had a lot of issues with integrating the tool into Salesloft and also SalesHub. Often, there won't be an option to upload the video, and sometimes, the quality is compromised. We also had instances where emails would be sent without the video or would go straight to spam.
  • The customer service is awesome. I always get ahold of our rep within an hour of contacting!
  • Vidyard in itself is a genius idea and when running correctly, a great tool to have in a rep's arsenal!
  • The people are great. -They spent countless hours working with our team!
  • I feel the integration ability could be strengthened. We had a lot of looses ends.
  • The tool could be a bit more user-friendly. Somewhat difficult to navigate/edit videos.
  • I would start compiling use cases for different positions/industries that have been successful.
In my industry, there really isn't a time that I feel would be inappropriate to use the tool. I feel it's most useful to an audience that you haven't connected with yet, however. I think your content is what can get you into trouble. A friend of mine was blocked from a decent amount of prospects after sending a video promoting a happy hour.
We use Vidyard for pre-sales, Post Sales, and for internal communication as well. Vidyard help us to create a personalized video which we use for video prospecting. With Vidyard you can make a personalized videos and send them over to them to make them feel special. Their Linkedin Integration is amazing.
  • Video Prospecting
  • Create summary of a call in short video
  • Relationship Building
  • A technology which can give us recommendation to improve video making skills.
Few Scenarios. 1. Video Prospecting Email( High Open rate) 2. Send Direct Video from Linkedin to communicate effectively 3. Create A highlight video after a demo in form of a short video
Eric Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vidyard to get through the prospecting noise. There are too many typical emails and phone calls so Vidyard is an outlet that provides creativity. Also, putting a face and personality to a seller/buyer relationship is very helpful. It helps with conversions in prospecting and can help compliment a demo or customer issue conversation or meeting.
  • Ease of use
  • Delivery is reliable
  • Analytics are helpful
  • More granular analytics
  • More options in editing the videos
  • More options of media like gifs
Well suited for prospecting, adding context from a complex conversation or meeting such as a demo, and providing customers with attention and helpful tips. Less appropriate to use internally. I'd say it's great for distinguishing yourself as well if you are interviewing for a job. You can use it as a follow-up.
We use Vidyard to send personalized thank you videos to donors. We have found with the advancement of technology they don't always want to pick up the phone to receive a thank you call. This tool has allowed us to let donors get to know us as staff (see and hear us) without the need to meet, schedule another call and they can respond and view at their leisure. We have also used it for internal training videos so that staff can see demos of stuff without needing to schedule a call that everyone has to join.
  • Video Recording
  • Stats on where someone might have watched to
  • Adding calls to action
  • Emailing directly from the tool itself.
  • some of the tools we use I find I doesn't allow us to embed automatically
  • connect better with shopify (I don't want to upload a youtube link always)
Video recording and sharing quick videos with possible customers or other staff. Using it to give feedback on products or other items.
Daniel Alvarado | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Vidyard every day, Basically, it saves a lot of time. We have experienced that maintaining our customers is a lot of work and service is key for this success. We have a lot of sales representatives and so many of us maintaining relationships with them. We use Vidyard to be more close to the customers, we design videos to improve the use of the products and it leads to digital evangelization, renewing semester after semester. We use salesforce to keep control of the after-sales follow up and we put our videos on it. When speaking about users, students are happy to see not only a presenting laptop but the person who supports them.
  • The Vidyard customer success team is always helping us to improve the usage of the tool.
  • Recording from a browser.
  • Use the speaker bubble
  • Reduce complexity. Then using the tool for the first time is not that easy.
  • In our organization, It is now used by sales teams, but I suggest they include marketing when trying Vidyard for the first time. I
  • Enable to optimize and share videos in fewer clicks
As I mentioned before, in our organization it is only used by the sales team, but I think that this will be more efficient if it is used by marketing teams as well. I am thinking that operation teams will help them too, in order to improve HR videos and IT support.
I use it to record demos of our SaaS Sales Solution and reference my clients' current challenges and show how easy our technology is to use.
  • Lets me know when some on is viewing my video
  • Lets me know if my contact shares it with people in other regions of the US
  • Enables me to allocate my selling time to those that have seen my video comm and % of time they spent viewing
  • I have none
Showing how easy something is to use is great, and when I follow up, have a meeting, or am referred to the people with the responsibility, I am not a big fan of talking heads unless they have something to share with ME about MY needs/challenges and how they can help.
I am sending user's video walkthroughs on new products, how to fix a problem or features, or an introduction of myself to new users. Vidyard allows me to create a more personal touch than a simple email and a less time-consuming alternative to a full meeting with a member.
  • Allowing me to make a customized video
  • Versatility on what to show the user (my screen, my face, both)
  • Embedding into email
  • Recording multiple users at one time (two or more member success managers)
It is suited well if you want to create personalized videos and walk-throughs. Not so much for live streaming or anything like that. It simply adds a personal touch.
We are currently implementing a new platform consisting of numerous meetings, tutorials, and syncs. To make it easier to communicate findings, learnings, and use cases for the platform, we've been using Vidyard to record our screens to show how we navigate the new project management platform.

I've also been using it to showcase and explain branding decisions and designs to clients. It's much easier to talk through a concept on video visually than it is to send it over and await feedback. Clients appreciate being able to hear the rationale behind the decisions that were made in their project - it helps to strengthen our expertise and our relationship with them. Putting a face to a project is always valuable and can give team members who wouldn't necessarily have face time a time to shine.
  • The UI is really easy to use, especially for new users looking to get up to speed fast
  • On the paid version, I really like being able to download the videos
  • For onboarding new people and explaining processes, I like the playlist feature
  • For sensitive data, I like being able to password our videos
  • I like being able to brand our video player page
  • I really wish the download feature was free
  • I wish the customisation of the video player was easier to use and didn't require HTML knowledge
  • I wish it was easier to export the gif thumbnail
In every business I go to, I will always recommend Vidyard, especially for businesses with too many meetings. Asynchronous updates are a lifesaver and a time saver! For me, being able to record a set of videos that new starters can watch at their own pace, however many times they want, is amazing. It's still personal while getting everybody's time back in their day.
Lazarus Magora Kaseke CA(SA) | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used Vidyard to complement our selling process. When we send a quote, we do a little video explaining the quote and the problems we are solving for our clients. The potential clients love this and the acceptance rate has gone up. We also use it to record internal processes that are shared among teams. A great tool to have.
  • Sales video.
  • Guidance and tools on how to use it.
  • None we have identified at this stage.
Marketing and selling processes.
December 09, 2021

Good and OK

Chad Wagner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vidyard for reach outs to set our emails apart from the rest. Typically I will use Vidyard to record myself going through a prospect's LinkedIn or company page and pointing out reasons I thought they would be a good fit for our product.
  • Easy to use, set up in no time
  • Clear video recording every time
  • Easy to edit video
  • Customer service was not great
  • May be my connection, but videos sometimes seem to load slowly
  • Freezes occasionally
It's a great tool for quickly adding video to an email or a reach out but it can sometimes not work as expected. There have been a few times I nailed the recording then Vidyard froze and I had to do it all over again.
Jon Walka | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Vidyard to send curated messages to prospects prior to demos to add a personal touch and to send screen share video recordings of deeper dives into our software, feature updates to prospective clients. It is used on a daily basis and integrated through Hubspot keeping everything in one nice neat spot.
  • video messages
  • screen share
  • reporting
  • Better Team metrics
  • making video suggestions/recommendations (i.e. this video is longer than most ...)
  • Embedded video links
I think it can also be great for our support team to use. Quick videos showing how to use a feature, make an update, etc. It can be really valuable instead of just sending an email with instructions and no resources to back them up. I think it can be less appropriate for mass marketing messages. The idea may work but we may not get the metrics and measurement of the recording that we need that we can get deeper in other software (potentially) *I'll admit I don't have a full view of admin reporting capabilities.
Samantha Nielsen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Vidyard to prospect into new accounts and to follow up on opportunities. I have used it for the past five years and seen a lot of success, reaching into some of my largest accounts with unique and personalized outreach has been a game-changer. Some of my largest deals have come from video prospecting with Vidyard and it has caught the attention of C-level prospects and opened doors that otherwise would be impossible to open.
  • personalized outreach
  • unique prospecting tool
  • integration with Groove
  • enterprise solution
  • customer support
Vidyard is amazing if you are trying to target high-level prospects and cut through the noise of text-heavy emails. I have had great success with Vidyard as a corporate rep and several of my colleagues have as well. They blocked the ad on so new reps can't add it anymore, which has been annoying for them because reps that have been at our company longer get that extra advantage of video prospecting.
Our business development team uses Vidyard weekly. We're trying to solve one issue - lack of personalization. We have found that our prospects are receiving hundreds of emails from sales teams weekly and we need to find a way to stand out. Vidyard makes this easy because we can put a face to the name through our funny, personalized videos. We try to send out at least 2 videos a day and we have seen great results from our efforts.
  • Script.
  • Email Integration.
  • Email Personalization.
  • Ability to sync with Outreach.
  • Difficulty recording long videos.
Our sales team uses Vidyard every week. The business development team uses this platform the most to connect with prospects. This platform has been essential for our team ever since we started working from home. We can now put a face to the name with our personalized videos. This tool helps us with our outreach and personalization. We love sending videos to prospects that have downloaded content, watched a webinar, or even requested a demo. Our team also loves analytics. Our team will continue to use this platform especially now that we're all working from home. It's a great way to put a face to the name. We love sending over videos with drawings or messages on mini-whiteboards. We've had a lot of success getting prospects to respond to our emails from these videos.
I use Vidyard primarily to create a variety of videos for my sales prospects. Prospecting Introduction (prior to initial meeting) Demo videos Q&A - Show and Tell For the most part the videos are quite generic so I can use them at scale. Others are more custom & personal.
  • Video library - shows all my videos & how many times each has been viewed.
  • It’s easy to create a new video & share it I can provide just the link, or include a thumbnail.
  • Webinars - Vidyard holds sessions helping people better use video in sales.
  • I cannot track who watched the video & how long they watched it unless I send the email directly from within the Vidyard app. I want to be able to include the link in my regular email that includes my signature & company branding and be able to see the tracking/viewing info.
  • No virtual background. This is a big one for me & is literally the one feature that prevents me from becoming a “power user”. With so many people working remotely, there is a huge demand for this feature - really hope they add it soon!
Vidyard is great for making short videos - for prospects or even other team members. I love it for showing support what issues I'm having instead of going back and forth via email trying to describe what's happening. If you want a more professional video, it may not really get you there.
We use Vidyard as a means of reaching out to our prospects. Using Vidyard allows us to convey information and let them know about upcoming events or campaigns in a much more personal manner. We also use Vidyard as a means of demonstrating new product information and to help explain upcoming releases.
  • Different ways of using the video messaging ( camera & Screen, Camera only, Screen only)
  • Makes it really easy to create video messages and save them as templates in a quick and accessible library.
  • Provides great tips and suggestions to help create effective videos!
  • Vidyard integrates seamlessly with my Outlook to create the video messaging emails.
  • It would be great if the use of the camera on an internet screen were more user friendly.
  • The editing of a video's beginning or ending (cutting video for a cleaner look or time) could be a little more refined and less choppy.
  • Could be more colorful.
As a Business Development Representative, we reach out to a great deal of prospect contacts. Vidyard has always been a great way to personalize the message to them. Whether it is inviting them to an upcoming event or letting them know about a new feature[s] in a product. I have sent many invitations with a personal message from myself (on camera) and have had great success with them. There are time[s] when Vidyard is not a good fit [from my experience], [for example] if I am sending out an email blast to a great number of people, I feel Vidyard would lose it[s] personal touch.
November 24, 2021

Vidyard Review

Vidyard plugs into our sales cadencing software, Salesloft. With the emails we have in each cadence, Vidyard allows us to insert an animated gif to get the prospect’s attention. With initial outreach, it can be tough to cut through the clutter of someone’s Inbox. Vidyard allows us to do that.
  • Gets responses.
  • Improves clicks/opens.
  • Helps close deals.
  • Ability to change the size of videos.
  • Having audio play automatically.
  • Almost everything is great though!
Perfect integration for anything you’re doing from a sales cadencing approach. I would recommend Vidyard if you’re in an SDR-type role or some type of early-in-the-funnel business development type of position. It is probably less appropriate if most of your work is further down the pipeline and you’re focused primarily on closing deals.
Jared Skelton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are looking for ways to stand out from other emails. How to be more engaging and video is a great way to do that. People are more likely to watch a short video than read a text. It's been great so far and we are looking to get more licenses.
  • Engaging video.
  • Simple interface.
  • Trackable.
  • Getting HubSpot to integrate better.
I reach out to prospects all the time and this allows me to be different, give a short intro video that is tied to a longer demonstration video as if it were one video and then it puts my calendar at the end for them to book a call with me. I also use it to answer questions of both prospects and current customers. Easy to record a quick video answering their question.
Vidyard is an incredible all-in-one video tool. We use it to quickly share videos internally and externally, we also embed them on our websites, track analytics on them. We also used this to sync and push to Youtube Channels. We also have a robust system in place for collecting leads off of these videos and have CTAs and other campaigns attached. We also use their video hub feature that catalogs and categorizes all of our videos into different sections. Lastly, we use the deep integration with Hubspot to get all of the data into our CRM.
  • Makes shareable links for huge video files.
  • Pushes and syncs to youtube.
  • Collects leads with video actions.
  • Search within the app is slow and clunky.
  • Folder management is always improving but still is a bit hidden.
  • Landing and sharing page overrides are a bit hard to pick through.
We have a robust content marketing program and need a place to host and quickly share and track hundreds of videos and Vidyard is the perfect tool for this. We keep some videos internal and have one central place they are stored, and externally we can set up really nice sharing pages.
Jake Soffer | TrustRadius Reviewer
For sales-related videos in emails to nurture prospects.
  • Great at providing templates.
  • Great support.
  • Good blog.
  • User experience of setup and admin is not great.
  • Confusing to organize and change settings.
It's a great tool if you have a large team, but for what it is the setup should be way more intuitive.
Lori Houser | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vidyard for training, it's been such a big help to be able to share a quick recording on how-to tutorials for our various digital platforms. We also have our new hires record quick introduction videos to share with the class prior to trainings, this really helps them become familiar and comfortable with each other allowing for us to dive in quickly to group discussions. Works great with the team sharing as well, since my team is compiled of everyone in a different state, we can share ideas visually rather than just verbally or through document sharing.
  • Desktop recording.
  • Training tutorials.
  • Introduction videos.
  • Audio, capturing audio from computer (Zoom or Webex calls).
I love using Vidyard to show my team members "how to's". Most of my team are visual learners so being able to capture what I am doing rather than just telling them how to do it has been so helpful!
Typically, I use Vidyard throughout the sales process. Prospecting, contract reviews, onboarding & client handoff. We also use Vidyard as our hosting platform for all the video content on our site.
  • Partnerships.
  • Hosting.
  • Integrations.
  • User Interface.
  • New features.
Use Vidyard in almost all sales scenarios where the connection is important. Vidyard is great for asynchronous messages that need to be shared amongst clients and teams. We use it to aggregate all video metrics and reporting, as we are able to publish to basically any media site (youtube, LinkedIn, website, Facebook, etc.)
We host all of our webinars and videos on Vidyard, we then embed them on the site. In some of the videos, we have CTAs at the end to drive lead gen opportunities. We also use a connector with our CMS in order to use Vidyard as our source of truth and port over the title and description to display on our site. The streaming is very good in buffering and quality, this takes a lot off of our servers and load times on the site. The customizable images for placeholders being able to select via the video is an extremely great feature.
  • Streaming with no lag.
  • Ease of embedding on site.
  • Implementing of CTAs.
  • Organization of folders within the account.
  • Being able to have users only access certain folders without creating teams.
  • Ability to have text over the still image on the site.
  • Having prebuilt custom buttons/overlays for static still images (actual readable text by browsers rather than strictly images).
Multi-video hosting for multiple sites on one account, we use it for multi-site and have over 500 videos Video analytics and stats Multiple departments using it for different purposes Organization within folders Multiple user management Notification preferences for emails on folders within the structure Account teams interest in helping and offering solutions to issues/recommendations that come up.
Tallen Eveland | TrustRadius Reviewer
I primarily use Vidyard for prospecting to new business. I am able to showcase what I do without actually making direct face-to-face contact with a potential buyer. The software allows me to gauge interest based on how many views I get on the video. The platform is also suuuuper customisable when it comes to what information I present and how I present it. Sometimes I record a video of myself out in front of the business I am calling on, and sometimes I record a screen share with myself in a bubble explaining what I'm looking at on the screen. Love this tool a lot, it has been a huuuuge money maker for me.
  • Presenting.
  • Creating value.
  • Tracking insites.
  • Custom templates.
  • Integrations with other platforms.
I've used the platform hundreds of times to create opportunities in the prospecting cadence. It allows me to get in front of prospects I'd never have been able to without, by texting the videos, emailing the videos, and all sorts of ways. It's made me thousands of dollars. I love it!
Vidyard provides multiple teams across Tenable with (in my opinion) an easy-to-use tool for video content management. I personally use Vidyard for hosting, managing, sharing, streaming, and assessing webinar replays.
  • Video content management -- a single repository for organizing and managing video content.
  • Vidyard makes sharing video content easy. You can rapidly upload, trim and have your video ready to share in minutes (dependent upon file size and bandwidth).
  • Reduces friction in the video management process. Using Vidyard, any marketer can be self-sufficient when it comes to video content management.
  • Vidyard enables straightforward video enhancement with captioning, tagging and actions. This further enhances sharing and potential ROI for videos.
  • Reporting: not as intuitive as other capabilities.
Vidyard makes it easy for non-video specialists to host, stream, share, and assess the impact of video content. It will be most useful for organizations that produce a steady pipeline of video content, and have the need to share that content without creating extra work for video producers.
Our company was first made aware of this tool around May 2020 as a means to provide our customers personalized support and build relationships at a distance. For myself, it allows me to show a customer how to complete the actions they are trying to complete with real examples in a simple video. I work with a lot of these questions and use Vidyard at least once a week.
  • Customization of static or animated video.
  • Real time data.
  • Allows me to effectively demonstrate actions to the customer's understanding.
  • I now have the premium version, but I'm not sure how to access some of the tools I was told are now available. Specifically, the annotation tools that I can use while recording videos. If I do have them, I have not figured out where they are.
Appropriate:
  • Connecting with customers by showing face.
  • Using the screenshare + camera recording to show my face and the specific steps.

Less appropriate:
  • In my line of business, we have to be on guard not to infringe upon privacy, and there are cases, (especially with student data) where I have to choose a live meeting with instructors over providing them a personalized recording.