Overall Satisfaction with MATLAB
We use MATLAB for a variety of different functions at NoMo Diagnostics. We do a ton of data analyzation using the software, where we take huge amounts of data and run them through a script that was developed in MATLAB. We also use the software to output graphs and plots from this data to get a visual of a data set.
- MATLAB is very good at helping me create files that I can share anywhere and with anyone. It allows me to write a script and then share it with people so they can open it on the notepad app on their Mac or PC.
- I like that MATLAB can be used on both Mac and PC. I prefer to use a Mac when doing work, so it's nice that you can obtain the software for either operating system, and then work seamlessly between the two.
- MATLAB's help network is extremely vast. Inside the manual, you can find pretty much any function that you could possibly need to use.
- I wish it was easier to go through the help manual to find what you need. If you know the keyword that you need to use, it's very easy to just type that in to the program and it will take you to the proper spot. If you don't know the keyword, it is extremely hard to find what you are looking for sometimes.
- The program itself is not very intuitive for first-time users. Once you get used to the software, it is much more straightforward, but it is hard to just pick it up and begin to use MATLAB.
- Because MATLAB is more of a mathematics and engineering help software, you cannot write a ton of in-depth code using it. If you are looking to develop a whole application for a tablet or something of the like, you need to learn another language.
- MATLAB helps us quickly sort through large sets of data because we keep the same script each time we run an analyzation, making it very efficient to run this whole process.
- The software makes it super easy for us to create plots that we can then show to investors or clients to display our data.
- We are also looking to create an app for our product, and we will not be able to do that on MATLAB, therefore creating a limiting issue and a new learning curve for a programming language.
MATLAB is easier to use than a program like LabVIEW. What LabVIEW lacks in simplicity, however; it makes up for in functionality. There are many programs that can do a lot more than MATLAB can. That being said, if you are looking for the easiest and most convenient way to gather, sort, and display data, MATLAB is the way to go.
MATLAB is fantastic for analyzing, sorting, and displaying data. I use it all the time to make large data sets easier to understand. It is fantastic for making plots and graphs that display data sets. When you are looking to develop a full application to load onto a smartphone or tablet, MATLAB will not be enough.