Fusion 360 - a great step in the right directionI use Fusion 360 as a quick and simple way to easily draw things out. It is a much faster-loading and quick software than SolidWorks, so I like to use it for quick 3D CAD modeling and drawing. It is strictly used by me, as the primary and only design engineer. It helps me quickly model ideas that I have in my head to see what they look like physically.,Fusion 360 is incredible at enabling me to quickly and efficiently capture the ideas that I have in my head and output them as 3D models without having to do any intense drawings. I use this all the time to model small, less important parts of our products during the prototyping phase. The software is really good at helping even the least experienced designers get acclimated to the software extremely quickly. Having a quick-access help manual and easy to navigate functions made the software feel almost second-nature the first time I used it. Fusion 360 has the functionality to save all of your files online, so you can draw something out on one computer and move to another one that has the software and pick up right where you left off. I use this function all the time when I am when I work at a computer that is not mine.,Fusion 360 is a very simple program, so once you begin to draw more complex 3D models, the software gets sluggish and loses its fluidity. It would be really nice if Fusion 360 could output a model as a SolidWorks file so I can begin to draw something out in Fusion 360 and then pick it up in SolidWorks when I need to do some more advanced functions. Because Fusion 360 is a simpler program, there are a few functions such as 3D sketches that are not intuitive like all the rest of the functions are.,8,Fusion 360 allows us to save a lot of money being able to model our products before bringing them straight to prototyping. The software saves time by being able to quickly model and draw simple parts. It allows me to be able to model and share my ideas and designs with others at the company, even those not in the R&D department, to help them visualize what I am thinking.,SOLIDWORKS and Autodesk Inventor,SOLIDWORKS, MATLABFusion 360 is definitely a good solution if you are a 3d designer or have 3d printers.Fusion 360 is a great tool for my company which serves online to 3d printing customers. It's a solid modeling tool which is a necessity for a good 3d printable design. Besides its solid features, Fusion 360 has a special module for 3d printing. It connects to another 3d printing software called MeshMixer created by Autodesk. 3d printable files must have a special extension called *.stl. and Fusion 360 easily handles this file extension without any hassles. There is an urgent need for a 3d printable file to have certain characteristics. If the design has some faulty places then it must be repaired before 3d printing. MeshMixer, which is reachable inside Fusion 360, does this job.,Fusion 360 is ideal for technical design jobs. Because it could work on the cloud with multiple users, you can work on the same file with your team-mate or your customer. Fusion 360's other great functionality is its assembly features. You could easily and effectively create assembly parts via Fusion 360. And its greatest feature: Parametric design. This gives a huge capability to a designer. You could change some design parameters after finishing your whole job. Thus, making last-minute changes is very easy on Fusion 360 after negotiating the final design with your customer. Fusion 360 comes free with full features. It's a great software solution for a budget restricted start-up company.,Even though it has a very good cloud software, Fusion 360 gets very laggy when using slow internet connections. Fusion 360 uses a vast amount of your device's memory. It is recommended to select the RAM value as high as possible on your device. Fusion 360's sculpting and retopology features are behind the competing software on the market.,10,It gives me totally positive impacts. Its zero cost eliminates the need to search for other software to use. Fusion 360's Autodesk cloud solution enables me to use 3d files generated via other Autodesk design software that are widely used by my customers.,,Onshape, SketchUpFusion 360 is the future of CAD. Start using it now - you won't regret it!Fusion 360 was solely used in the design department to conceptualize and visualize concepts in 3D. Turning sketches into 3D objects then helped us present ideas to upper management and, in some scenarios, important stakeholders. This proved to be a valuable advantage as stakeholders and those alike could see the same vision as me, the lead designer on the project. Previously, stakeholders were presented 2D drawings or other resources, that oftentimes caused more unnecessary questions. Details of 2D sketches and drawings were often lost in translation. On top of that, Fusion 360 provides the extra outcome of being able to rapidly prototype ideas with a 3D printer, something that was often overlooked before. This has provided us with valuable feedback early on in the design process.,The first PRO of Fusion 360 that always comes to mind is how versatile it is. Fusion 360 is the first CAD/CAM software that also includes other key features that CAD programs of this size don't have. Fusion 360 has a generous licensing structure that gives those just starting out a place to start with a professional level CAD program. As a result, this has helped build up a huge community and user base around Fusion 360. Fusion 360 is updated on a monthly basis. This has proven to be a huge advantage over Solidworks (something else I use) which is only updated once a year. The nice thing about monthly updates, other than regular bug fixes, is that the team can adapt quickly and no one is taken by storm with a big overhaul of the UI or features at the beginning of the year.,Fusion 360's UI is by far better than any other CAD program on the market. However, I think the engineers/designers working on Fusion 360 need to be careful with where they're taking it. On one hand, it's great that they have finally given CAD a modern look. On the other hand, they should really look into their user base more, and consider some of the fine details of the UI that could be improved -- icon size, tab layouts, dialog styling, etc. Fusion 360 could use some better copy for each feature's help text. I find that the help text often uses the feature's name within it...which means if someone doesn't know what the feature does they're probably not going to be able to understand the help text. Fusion 360 has random crashes...albeit, just about every CAD program does. I will say, however, Fusion 360's file backup structure is much better than most CAD programs.,8,Fusion 360 has had a positive impact on our ROI. Specifically, being able to cut down on iterations by presenting 3-Dimensional designs to stakeholders earlier on in the process. Fusion 360 also has had a positive impact on our ROI in terms of manufacturing. Although not all manufacturers have in-house personnel trained in Fusion360 specifically, we have found that it is so easy to pick up if one is experienced in another CAD program. Its ease of use and ability to share files with others has saved a ton of time and money.,SOLIDWORKS, PTC Creo and Autodesk Inventor,SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk Inventor, PTC CreoFusion360 is a very user-friendly 3D software. I love it!We currently use Fusion 360 to create photorealistic renderings for high-quality branding elements and marketing visuals. We use it only within our design department and use the outputted PNG files alongside Adobe Creative Cloud programs to add engaging backgrounds and effects. If we were not to have Fusion as a resource, we would be reliant on stock, pre-designed Photoshop mockups that have only graphic replacement capabilities as opposed to the freedom of directional control, lighting, realistic 3D effects, textures, exposure, and perspectives.,Very intuitive interface for 3D modeling beginners FREE FOREVER if your organization makes under $100,000 Very natural photorealistic rendering settings Local rendering and cloud rendering options,Cannot directly open files created in Maya,9,It is free, so everything I have created costed only time It has greatly boosted the quality of our marketing visual in developing our brand We have created products with Fusion renderings as the focal point. Without these renderings, the products would be less accepted by our market.,SketchUp,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Squarespace, SketchUpFusion 360, the easiest 3D modeling app you can find!It's used for designing different models for 3D printing. I decided to use this program because of its really nice interface and that it's a really complete app for 3D modeling, while not being hard to use. We haven't had any business problem while using it since it's a really easy-to-use app.,Designing different 3D models Analysis of movement of objects that interact with them Exploring all angles of your design Choosing different materials in objects,When you use the little box that's on your right upper corner, you can easily choose what angle you want to see, but when you use the specific tool designed to use for moving the camera across the object, usually fails or gets stuck. The force analysis is a little hard/anti-intuitive to use. When you use an operation in a wide angle of places (like rounding up all the corners of a cube) sometimes it doesn't work and you can't tell why. It would be awesome if there was a form to know what's the thing that's crashing your operation. It should be easier to copy/paste things.,10,We really got better results in little time, without spending millions of hours watching YouTube videos.,AutoCAD and SketchUp,Freshsales CRM, HubSpot CRM, Trello, Google Drive, Skype, Insightly, MATLAB, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Anaconda
Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Reviews

Fusion 360
Filter 19 vetted Fusion 360 reviews and ratings

Tyler Grudowski profile photo
January 30, 2019

Review: "Fusion 360 - a great step in the right direction"

I use Fusion 360 as a quick and simple way to easily draw things out. It is a much faster-loading and quick software than SOLIDWORKS, so I like to use it for quick 3D CAD modeling and drawing. It is strictly used by me, as the primary and only design engineer. It helps me quickly model ideas that I have in my head to see what they look like physically.
  • Fusion 360 is incredible at enabling me to quickly and efficiently capture the ideas that I have in my head and output them as 3D models without having to do any intense drawings. I use this all the time to model small, less important parts of our products during the prototyping phase.
  • The software is really good at helping even the least experienced designers get acclimated to the software extremely quickly. Having a quick-access help manual and easy to navigate functions made the software feel almost second-nature the first time I used it.
  • Fusion 360 has the functionality to save all of your files online, so you can draw something out on one computer and move to another one that has the software and pick up right where you left off. I use this function all the time when I am when I work at a computer that is not mine.
  • Fusion 360 is a very simple program, so once you begin to draw more complex 3D models, the software gets sluggish and loses its fluidity.
  • It would be really nice if Fusion 360 could output a model as a SOLIDWORKS file so I can begin to draw something out in Fusion 360 and then pick it up in SOLIDWORKS when I need to do some more advanced functions.
  • Because Fusion 360 is a simpler program, there are a few functions such as 3D sketches that are not intuitive like all the rest of the functions are.
Fusion 360 is a fantastic program for a wide variety of uses. The models that the software does well with are simple ones, but once you get into more complicated ones, the program loses most of its usability. Once you get there, you will have to turn to a product like SOLIDWORKS to get the job done.
Read Tyler Grudowski's full review
Oral Tosun profile photo
December 21, 2018

Review: "Fusion 360 is definitely a good solution if you are a 3d designer or have 3d printers."

• Fusion 360 is ideal for technical design jobs. Because it could work on the cloud with multiple users, you can work on the same file with your team-mate or your customer.
  • Fusion 360's other great functionality is its assembly features. You could easily and effectively create assembly parts via Fusion 360.
  • And its greatest feature: Parametric design. This gives a huge capability to a designer. You could change some design parameters after finishing your whole job. Thus, making last-minute changes is very easy on Fusion 360 after negotiating the final design with your customer.
  • Fusion 360 comes free with full features. It's a great software solution for a budget restricted start-up company.
  • Even though it has a very good cloud software, Fusion 360 gets very laggy when using slow internet connections.
  • Fusion 360 uses a vast amount of your device's memory. It is recommended to select the RAM value as high as possible on your device.
  • Fusion 360's sculpting and retopology features are behind the competing software on the market.
Fusion 360 is great for mechanical or technical designs, but its ability to sculpt artistic 3d models is very restricted. It's a business software rather than an artisan software. It works on both cloud and device. Thus, if you do not have an internet connection you could work on your project as well.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
January 31, 2019

Review: "Fusion 360 is the future of CAD. Start using it now - you won't regret it!"

• The first PRO of Fusion 360 that always comes to mind is how versatile it is. Fusion 360 is the first CAD/CAM software that also includes other key features that CAD programs of this size don't have.
  • Fusion 360 has a generous licensing structure that gives those just starting out a place to start with a professional level CAD program. As a result, this has helped build up a huge community and user base around Fusion 360.
  • Fusion 360 is updated on a monthly basis. This has proven to be a huge advantage over SOLIDWORKS (something else I use) which is only updated once a year. The nice thing about monthly updates, other than regular bug fixes, is that the team can adapt quickly and no one is taken by storm with a big overhaul of the UI or features at the beginning of the year.
  • Fusion 360's UI is by far better than any other CAD program on the market. However, I think the engineers/designers working on Fusion 360 need to be careful with where they're taking it. On one hand, it's great that they have finally given CAD a modern look. On the other hand, they should really look into their user base more, and consider some of the fine details of the UI that could be improved -- icon size, tab layouts, dialog styling, etc.
  • Fusion 360 could use some better copy for each feature's help text. I find that the help text often uses the feature's name within it...which means if someone doesn't know what the feature does they're probably not going to be able to understand the help text.
  • Fusion 360 has random crashes...albeit, just about every CAD program does. I will say, however, Fusion 360's file backup structure is much better than most CAD programs.
Fusion 360 is a great CAD package if you're looking to do rapid prototyping, general/mechanical engineering, packaging design, 3d printing (or other hobbyist related things) or of course, CAM. I wouldn't recommend Fusion 360 for those who need a more specific type of software, such as, civil engineers, architects, or soft-goods designers.
Overall, Fusion 360 is best suited for rapid prototyping and product development. The cloud-based advantages of Fusion 360 make it extremely easy to work in agile product teams versus conventional CAD programs where sharing and backing up files is a job in itself. The Fusion 360 Hub, where files are backed up to, also provides additional collaboration tools such as notes, comments, and version control, which makes working with teams even more of a pleasure.
Samuel Crawford profile photo
May 21, 2018

Fusion 360 Review: "Fusion360 is a very user-friendly 3D software. I love it!"

• Very intuitive interface for 3D modeling beginners
  • FREE FOREVER if your organization makes under $100,000
  • Very natural photorealistic rendering settings
  • Local rendering and cloud rendering options
  • Cannot directly open files created in Maya
Fusion 360 is great for start-ups or hobby modelers. It has great, simple, easy-to-use tools but it does not have some of the more high-level functions needed for either engineering (like Finite Elements Analysis and Stress studies) or very complex rigging capabilities. I consider Fusion 360 to be a beginner software while products like SolidWorks and Maya are for advanced 3D users.
Read Samuel Crawford's full review
Luciana Montivero profile photo
March 13, 2018

Review: "Fusion 360, the easiest 3D modeling app you can find!"

• Designing different 3D models
  • Analysis of movement of objects that interact with them
  • Exploring all angles of your design
  • Choosing different materials in objects
  • When you use the little box that's on your right upper corner, you can easily choose what angle you want to see, but when you use the specific tool designed to use for moving the camera across the object, usually fails or gets stuck.
  • The force analysis is a little hard/anti-intuitive to use.
  • When you use an operation in a wide angle of places (like rounding up all the corners of a cube) sometimes it doesn't work and you can't tell why. It would be awesome if there was a form to know what's the thing that's crashing your operation.
  • It should be easier to copy/paste things.
I think it's really a full package when using Fusion 360. It's suitable for 3D modeling beginners and also for experienced modelers that need further analysis of their pieces. It's way easier to use compared to many other 3D modeling programs, and especially when thinking of 3D printing. I think you can use it if you want to design a simple box when you need to design a complex mechanical device.
Read Luciana Montivero's full review
April 20, 2018

Fusion 360 Review: "Fusion360 - Professional CAD tools for the Beginner and Expert"

I use Fusion 360 to make sample parts for customers who would like to see the capabilities of our 3D printers. It makes designing for 3D printing easy and painless but is also extremely powerful. I can always rely on Fusion 360 to make parts that print great every time. Having very little time to learn new software, Fusion was easy to learn and I was designing models in minutes when I first started.
  • Offer parametric modeling, but also has organic modeling features.
  • The workflow is extremely easy to learn. You can start designing in minutes.
  • The cloud upload is nice so that you do not have to bring files with you when working from other computers.
  • I would like to see Fusion 360 have some kind of STL editor since it is used so much for 3D printing.
  • Better mesh editing tools.
  • More 3D printing tools.
This software offers professional tools which are extremely easy to learn when compared to competitors. You can become a CAD expert in just weeks. If you are looking for a software to use that creates clean files for 3D printing, look no further. For teachers, designers, and even hobbyists, Fusion 360 have tools for everyone.
July 02, 2018

Fusion 360 Review: "Basic Design and Prototype"

Fusion 360 allows for quick designs and has a relatively small learning curve. Simple designs are easy to produce. It is being utilized on an individual basis for evaluation. Additionally, I have used the software for small hobby projects for the home and car.
  • It is relatively easy to design a component or product.
  • The design can easily be uploaded to be 3D Printed.
  • Fusion 360 also provides a community base for training and questions.
  • The interface is a bit cumbersome and outdated.
  • I would like to see better integration of 3D file formates that can opened and can be exported.
  • I would also like to see a customizable interface based on the file that was selected.
Fusion 360 is appropriate for learning basic design and creating small parts. It is less appropriate to use when more robust design tools are needed such as lightweight with lattices or compiling large assembly files.
Alejandro Daniel Copati profile photo
February 14, 2018

User Review: "Fusion 360, the circle of the CADs"

In my organization, Fusion 360 is used to design our 3D prototypes to make 3D printings and test the products before the final version. I am working in the electronic development department, but we collaborate a lot with the design department because all the electronics have to fit in the prototype perfectly. We make the stuff at the same time all together.
  • It's the perfect environment to create 3D models. It's very friendly with all the tools that you have to make powerful renders.
  • The features to make inserts, hinges, gears, extrudes, etc., are very simple to use and have a perfect match between them.
  • You have all the tools and a lot of shortcuts juts with a few touches of your mouse or keyboard.
  • The transition of the different camera angles and the views of Fusion 360 are very smooth, even if your computer is not the best.
  • Even the representation of complex parts is very fast, having the best machine or not having it.
  • At the moment you have to import your old STL files that you have created with other CAD software. Fusion 360 imports the piece with many triangles and makes it very difficult to work on it. Sometimes, it's easier to start over with this directly in Fusion 360 and forget about the old.
  • All the files that you create are saved in the Cloud, and you have to "download" them every time that you want to use them. It's a very good idea when you have an internet connection, but when you do not have it, like in a plane flight for example, you can not work on it.
Fusion 360 is perfect both for education and for professional designers, with all the specific and professional tools it has, it is a very powerful set to learn to create wonderful things.

I think it's a bit less appropriate in the event that I have to have the files and work with different rendering programs at the same time.
Read Alejandro Daniel Copati's full review

Fusion 360 Scorecard Summary

About Fusion 360

Autodesk Fusion 360 is a cloud-based 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE tool which integrates design, modeling, and simulation capabilities.

Fusion 360 Technical Details