Basic Design and PrototypeFusion 360 allows for quick designs and has a relatively small learning curve. Simple designs are easy to produce. It is being utilized on an individual basis for evaluation. Additionally, I have used the software for small hobby projects for the home and car.,It is relatively easy to design a component or product. The design can easily be uploaded to be 3D Printed. Fusion 360 also provides a community base for training and questions.,The interface is a bit cumbersome and outdated. I would like to see better integration of 3D file formates that can opened and can be exported. I would also like to see a customizable interface based on the file that was selected.,9,It allows users to learn to design quickly. It does not take a high powered computer to run the software. It allows for small prototypes to be designed and printed.,SketchUp and AutoCAD,AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe PhotoshopFusion360 is a very user-friendly 3D software. I love it!We currently use Fusion 360 to create photorealistic renderings for high-quality branding elements and marketing visuals. We use it only within our design department and use the outputted PNG files alongside Adobe Creative Cloud programs to add engaging backgrounds and effects. If we were not to have Fusion as a resource, we would be reliant on stock, pre-designed Photoshop mockups that have only graphic replacement capabilities as opposed to the freedom of directional control, lighting, realistic 3D effects, textures, exposure, and perspectives.,Very intuitive interface for 3D modeling beginners FREE FOREVER if your organization makes under $100,000 Very natural photorealistic rendering settings Local rendering and cloud rendering options,Cannot directly open files created in Maya,9,It is free, so everything I have created costed only time It has greatly boosted the quality of our marketing visual in developing our brand We have created products with Fusion renderings as the focal point. Without these renderings, the products would be less accepted by our market.,SketchUp,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Squarespace, SketchUpFusion 360, the easiest 3D modeling app you can find!It's used for designing different models for 3D printing. I decided to use this program because of its really nice interface and that it's a really complete app for 3D modeling, while not being hard to use. We haven't had any business problem while using it since it's a really easy-to-use app.,Designing different 3D models Analysis of movement of objects that interact with them Exploring all angles of your design Choosing different materials in objects,When you use the little box that's on your right upper corner, you can easily choose what angle you want to see, but when you use the specific tool designed to use for moving the camera across the object, usually fails or gets stuck. The force analysis is a little hard/anti-intuitive to use. When you use an operation in a wide angle of places (like rounding up all the corners of a cube) sometimes it doesn't work and you can't tell why. It would be awesome if there was a form to know what's the thing that's crashing your operation. It should be easier to copy/paste things.,10,We really got better results in little time, without spending millions of hours watching YouTube videos.,AutoCAD and SketchUp,Freshsales CRM, HubSpot CRM, Trello, Google Drive, Skype, Insightly, MATLAB, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, AutoCAD, AnacondaFusion 360, the circle of the CADsIn my organization, Fusion 360 is used to design our 3D prototypes to make 3D printings and test the products before the final version. I am working in the electronic development department, but we collaborate a lot with the design department because all the electronics have to fit in the prototype perfectly. We make the stuff at the same time all together.,It's the perfect environment to create 3D models. It's very friendly with all the tools that you have to make powerful renders. The features to make inserts, hinges, gears, extrudes, etc., are very simple to use and have a perfect match between them. You have all the tools and a lot of shortcuts juts with a few touches of your mouse or keyboard. The transition of the different camera angles and the views of Fusion 360 are very smooth, even if your computer is not the best. Even the representation of complex parts is very fast, having the best machine or not having it.,At the moment you have to import your old STL files that you have created with other CAD software. Fusion 360 imports the piece with many triangles and makes it very difficult to work on it. Sometimes, it's easier to start over with this directly in Fusion 360 and forget about the old. All the files that you create are saved in the Cloud, and you have to "download" them every time that you want to use them. It's a very good idea when you have an internet connection, but when you do not have it, like in a plane flight for example, you can not work on it.,10,Fusion 360 has a very positive impact on the things I do. I can try very quickly (and somehow, beautiful) all the prototypes that I do, just with a few clicks. The ROI is very high, because you save a lot of time of design in any other Render Soft. In my case I use it for free, directly download from the Apple Store on my Mac.,SketchUp,SketchUp, AutoCAD, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Oracle VM VirtualBoxFusion360 - Professional CAD tools for the Beginner and ExpertI use Fusion 360 to make sample parts for customers who would like to see the capabilities of our 3D printers. It makes designing for 3D printing easy and painless but is also extremely powerful. I can always rely on Fusion 360 to make parts that print great every time. Having very little time to learn new software, Fusion was easy to learn and I was designing models in minutes when I first started.,Offer parametric modeling, but also has organic modeling features. The workflow is extremely easy to learn. You can start designing in minutes. The cloud upload is nice so that you do not have to bring files with you when working from other computers.,I would like to see Fusion 360 have some kind of STL editor since it is used so much for 3D printing. Better mesh editing tools. More 3D printing tools.,10,It has allowed me to create designs quickly and efficiently, saving countless hours. Allows me to open customer files and make tweaks.,Solidworks, Inventor and Rhino,Adobe Photoshop
Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Reviews

Fusion 360
Filter 16 vetted Fusion 360 reviews and ratings
July 02, 2018

Fusion 360 Review: "Basic Design and Prototype"

• It is relatively easy to design a component or product.
  • The design can easily be uploaded to be 3D Printed.
  • Fusion 360 also provides a community base for training and questions.
  • The interface is a bit cumbersome and outdated.
  • I would like to see better integration of 3D file formates that can opened and can be exported.
  • I would also like to see a customizable interface based on the file that was selected.
Fusion 360 is appropriate for learning basic design and creating small parts. It is less appropriate to use when more robust design tools are needed such as lightweight with lattices or compiling large assembly files.
Samuel Crawford profile photo
May 21, 2018

Fusion 360 Review: "Fusion360 is a very user-friendly 3D software. I love it!"

• Very intuitive interface for 3D modeling beginners
  • FREE FOREVER if your organization makes under $100,000
  • Very natural photorealistic rendering settings
  • Local rendering and cloud rendering options
  • Cannot directly open files created in Maya
Fusion 360 is great for start-ups or hobby modelers. It has great, simple, easy-to-use tools but it does not have some of the more high-level functions needed for either engineering (like Finite Elements Analysis and Stress studies) or very complex rigging capabilities. I consider Fusion 360 to be a beginner software while products like SolidWorks and Maya are for advanced 3D users.
Read Samuel Crawford's full review
Luciana Montivero profile photo
March 13, 2018

Review: "Fusion 360, the easiest 3D modeling app you can find!"

• Designing different 3D models
  • Analysis of movement of objects that interact with them
  • Exploring all angles of your design
  • Choosing different materials in objects
  • When you use the little box that's on your right upper corner, you can easily choose what angle you want to see, but when you use the specific tool designed to use for moving the camera across the object, usually fails or gets stuck.
  • The force analysis is a little hard/anti-intuitive to use.
  • When you use an operation in a wide angle of places (like rounding up all the corners of a cube) sometimes it doesn't work and you can't tell why. It would be awesome if there was a form to know what's the thing that's crashing your operation.
  • It should be easier to copy/paste things.
I think it's really a full package when using Fusion 360. It's suitable for 3D modeling beginners and also for experienced modelers that need further analysis of their pieces. It's way easier to use compared to many other 3D modeling programs, and especially when thinking of 3D printing. I think you can use it if you want to design a simple box when you need to design a complex mechanical device.
Read Luciana Montivero's full review
Alejandro Daniel Copati profile photo
February 14, 2018

User Review: "Fusion 360, the circle of the CADs"

• It's the perfect environment to create 3D models. It's very friendly with all the tools that you have to make powerful renders.
  • The features to make inserts, hinges, gears, extrudes, etc., are very simple to use and have a perfect match between them.
  • You have all the tools and a lot of shortcuts juts with a few touches of your mouse or keyboard.
  • The transition of the different camera angles and the views of Fusion 360 are very smooth, even if your computer is not the best.
  • Even the representation of complex parts is very fast, having the best machine or not having it.
  • At the moment you have to import your old STL files that you have created with other CAD software. Fusion 360 imports the piece with many triangles and makes it very difficult to work on it. Sometimes, it's easier to start over with this directly in Fusion 360 and forget about the old.
  • All the files that you create are saved in the Cloud, and you have to "download" them every time that you want to use them. It's a very good idea when you have an internet connection, but when you do not have it, like in a plane flight for example, you can not work on it.
Fusion 360 is perfect both for education and for professional designers, with all the specific and professional tools it has, it is a very powerful set to learn to create wonderful things.

I think it's a bit less appropriate in the event that I have to have the files and work with different rendering programs at the same time.
Read Alejandro Daniel Copati's full review
April 20, 2018

Fusion 360 Review: "Fusion360 - Professional CAD tools for the Beginner and Expert"

• Offer parametric modeling, but also has organic modeling features.
  • The workflow is extremely easy to learn. You can start designing in minutes.
  • The cloud upload is nice so that you do not have to bring files with you when working from other computers.
  • I would like to see Fusion 360 have some kind of STL editor since it is used so much for 3D printing.
  • Better mesh editing tools.
  • More 3D printing tools.
This software offers professional tools which are extremely easy to learn when compared to competitors. You can become a CAD expert in just weeks. If you are looking for a software to use that creates clean files for 3D printing, look no further. For teachers, designers, and even hobbyists, Fusion 360 have tools for everyone.

Fusion 360 Scorecard Summary

About Fusion 360

Autodesk Fusion 360 is a cloud-based 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE tool.

Fusion 360 Technical Details