McAfee ePO - Security Management In One Box
Overall Satisfaction with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- Systems Manager. We are able to view all the systems in our environment in one dashboard. This gives us the chance to see when PCs last communicated with our McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) server and if they are up to date on their virus definitions.
- Ease of pushing out anti-virus to our endpoints.
- Agentless Virtual Machine anti-virus. No need to have anti-virus on the VM it goes on the ESXi host which scans the datastores.
- Clunky interface.
- Lots of information but not presented neatly.
- More configuration needed to stop some of the bigger exploits.
- Gained back time by having ePO deploy all the necessary products to the endpoints
- Better managed environment by seeing which endpoints were not receiving updates and being able to get them up to date.
- Had a little bit of a learning curve to get everything working properly.
- Ability to report on anything that is going on in the environment.
We were using VIPRE Anti-virus for years and switched to McAfee. We gained better insight into our environment. Management felt more secure knowing that at any moment we could bring up reports into what was going on in our environment.
McAfee ePO was able to give us time back by automating a lot of the processes that we had to do manually.
It's great for managing a large company with a lot of endpoints. It's a great way to feel confident that your environment is secure. It gives a great perspective of what is happening in your environment and helps to pinpoint any suspicious activity that is going on.
It's not very appropriate for smaller organizations. Unless there is a dedicated person working through it all day it could become overwhelming for a small team.