Overall Satisfaction with Micro Focus UFT Mobile (formerly Mobile Center)
UFT Mobile is our primary tool for testing our mobile application on real devices. Our business users, developers, testers, and automation framework interact with the real devices remotely testing builds for our mobile application. We have an array of iOS and Android devices connected and available for many testing scenarios. The product has allowed us to have real devices easily shared between team members who are in various geographic locations. With various concerns of privacy/data in healthcare, we are still able to manage and control access to the devices.
- Management of the various devices.
- Management of various versions and installation of our application.
- Allow real device interactions like Biometrics.
- Simple to use interface for any manual tester.
- Works in any browser.
- Easy management of signed/packaged apps in Android and iOS.
- Most of our problems are with the lengthy onboarding process with iOS devices.
- Occasionally Android devices will disconnect themselves.
- Remote access
- Application management / installation
- Ability to have dedicated devices on premise / shared
- Easy user management
- Easy-to use interface
- Shared devices that are accessible remotely is HUGE Benefit.
- (Our own fault) - we are limited to the number of physical devices we own, so at times we have people waiting for access.
We selected UFT Mobile mainly for its easy tie-in to our existing automation and other tools we use from Micro Focus. We did briefly look at some other options, but the ability to instantly tie in, and also allow future changes (if we desired) like Appium.
Do you think Micro Focus UFT Mobile delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Micro Focus UFT Mobile's feature set?
Did Micro Focus UFT Mobile live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Micro Focus UFT Mobile go as expected?
Would you buy Micro Focus UFT Mobile again?
UFT mobile works really well if/when you need physical devices under your management. Managing physical devices in any setup is an interesting undertaking due to the various considerations per device. There are really nice best practices, for example using managed USB switches like the one from Cambrionix, that can help make for a really good experience. For us, we only have 1 application at this time that has frequent updates/releases. We are able to test out these with confidence using our suite of real/on-campus devices managed and made available by the UFT Mobile product.
Using Micro Focus UFT Mobile (formerly Mobile Center)
20 - There are over 20 users daily to UFT Mobile, possibly more periodically. They represent the business, developers, testers, and our automation framework.
3 - We have a pair of administrators for the product to allow sharing the responsibility, who are both remotes. We have one person on campus who rotates when the phones need physical interaction.
- Testing various paths with Biometrics.
- Allowing developers to explore features/abilities on real devices.
The tool continues to meet our expectations and has shown that they are continually evolving the product with new features that benefit us. The most recent new feature was the auto-signing/packaging of iOS apps from the server to allow native interaction of features like biometrics. Prior this was a lengthy exercise.