Snagit to Capture All!

Snagit is an easy-to-use and powerful screen capture software I have come across. It is used across the complete organization.
It Eases …

Snagit and keep it easy

Simple yet powerful tool

Snag what counts

[Snagit] is used by select individuals to grab screen data, provide comments to screen captures, and for training content.

Snagit Capture

Individual

What is Snagit?

Snagit Technical Details

Alternatives

What are Snagit's top competitors?

Camtasia and Vidyard are common alternatives for Snagit.

What is Snagit's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Snagit?

The most common users of Snagit are from Enterprises and the Computer Software industry.

• Supporting clients on using the software to update and maintain their WordPress websites.
  • Documenting processes.
  • Providing step-by-step instructions.
  • Educating clients.
  • Creating tutorials.
  • Explaining concepts visually.
  • Capturing any part of your computer screen
  • Editing your captured content, annotating, highlighting
  • Saving your edited captures in a variety of formats
  • Integrating with email, image editors, Microsoft Office documents
  • Could do better with capturing text content that can be edited.
Use it to capture any portion of your computer screen, highlight the key parts you want someone to focus on, save your creation, and paste it into a document or email. If you want to use videos to communicate, educate, or sell, use the same company's other product, Camtasia.
Their website offers extensive help, examples, tutorials, and videos.
Yes, it's always easy to upgrade within the software itself. You always get new and improved features with each new release.
November 02, 2021

Snagit to Capture All!

Ajinkya Mohod | TrustRadius Reviewer
It Eases the trouble of capturing screenshots and recording screens.
The processing of the software is smooth and reliable which makes it a handy and on-the-go tool for users.
It helps save time and advanced functionality within the tool helps in making work look more professional.

• Screen Capturing at its best with grid lines and pixel details
  • Screen Recording up to the mark
  • Grab Text feature which helps in obtaining or copying on screen texts
  • Presets and shortcuts user for handy access to tools functionality
  • In tools, Shadow selection should be made more smart it does not keep the selected shadow and changes to the default one
  • Image size adjustments
  • Image sharpener
It is the best tool for instant screenshots and screen recording and is easily accessible while in need.
It saves a lot of time and effort as compared to other snipping tools, Helps in managing the information via photos and videos also allows to share things from within the tool with ease.
One of the best tools for screenshots markup. It is being used extensively in our organization. It has many prebuilt tools and shapes to make it using so easy. It lets users define shortcut keys for several processes for better usability and saves a lot of time. It also supports screen recording up to 30 frames per second which makes a better quality video without any lags or stutters.
  • Prebuilt shapes and tools for markup
  • One click upload to google drive and dropbox
  • Screen recording up to 30 fps
  • User defined shortcuts and profiles
  • Text and fonts editing
  • No support for linux machines
  • Crashes occasionally while capturing screenshot
  • No grammar or spell check in text editor
Snagit has the best and feature-rich UI. No other app has these many shapes or markup tools. It offers plenty of editing tools. It works flawlessly on windows machines. However, it consumes a lot of RAM and storage while running in the background. It needs a different license to update which is a huge drawback.
Our Product Management Team extensively used Snagit (picture and video) to help prepare communications for our various downstream teams such as Marketing, Sales, Product and Customer Support. We would use Snagit to capture demo pictures and videos for use in presentations, articles, brochures, video demos and customer support FAQs and training.
  • Screen Capture
  • Picture Editing
  • Video Capture
  • Quick Clipboard Access
  • More video editing functionality
  • Better resolution images (higher resolution)
  • Ability to upgrade feature set to other Camtasia products
  • Better integration between SnagIt and other Camtasia products
Snagit has far more functionality than just using the standard Control Alt Print Screen functionality that is provided by Microsoft Windows. With Snagit, it is simple to quickly capture screen images for use in multiple applications, such as Photoshop, Creator, Paint and office productivity software like Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and the Google Suite of productivity applications. The solution works seamlessly with cloud-based software as well.
Quentin Goin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Am a single consultant using SnagIt. I find it easier to communicate to others via a screen shot rather than copying an error message or writing out a full description. From submitting defects to communication with customers, a picture is worth 1,000 words, right?! I can highlight items on the screen shot, trim, edit, merge with other screen shots, add text, blur out personal or irrelevant data. I also use SnagIt for simply expanding my workspace or keeping track of where I'm at. Take a quick screen shot, put on the second monitor while continue working on the first monitor. All images are kept on my computer for going back and looking by date or other criteria which is handy when needing information from the past.
  • Taking quality screen shots
  • Editing screen shots
  • Storing screen shots
  • Sharing/exporting screen shots
  • Regular Price for a single user seems higher than needs to be
Let's say you are on a webinar or online meeting and want to take several screen shots of what is on the screen and save all of them. Rather than opening Windows snipping tool (or other free products) and needing to save each one as fast as you can, SnagIt saves all of them and you can go back and delete the ones you don't want. Capture the entire screen quickly or do a region for only a portion of the screen. Very handy. SnagIt also provides easy ways to add your edits to the screen shot in a professional way. Rather than trying to "hand draw" a circle around the item you want to bring attention to, you can use professional tools for circles and rectangles to highlight a specific area for someone to see right away when looking at this screen shot.
Jeff Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Snagit for two primary purposes. Sharing screenshots is one thing that Snagit is great at doing. Being able to have preset keystroke to grab a shot at any time is great and the ability to mark them up is very handy. Probably the biggest use of Snagit in the company is producing explainer and training videos for our clients. The videos are a great time saver for the company as it cuts down on the number of meetings that we have. It also ensures that everyone is on the same page.

Mostly used in sales and development.

I think the "problem" is that it gives us one tool that is cost-effective and has multiple functions that we use daily.
  • Being able to take screen captures quickly and with just a keystroke is a prime feature. I took several screenshots just yesterday to show folks, which saved me from taking the time to meet with [...] everyone.
  • Obviously recording and sharing video is Snagit's strength. It does this as well as any product I have used. It is not an editor but there are a lot of capture features that cover just about any situation.
  • One great feature that Snagit has is the ability to pull text from a capture. We don't use this a lot but when it is needed it is a huge time saver.
  • The settings and tools within Snagit are intuitive and easy to find.
  • Snagit has been around for many years, it is a mature tool with great functions. There [are] no areas that I find difficult or lacking.
  • One thing to watch, and this is just a matter of data size as Snagit's videos are very high quality. Hard drive space, if you are recording a lot of videos they do take up space so this is one area to watch as you can fill a drive. I personally save to an external drive to save space on my internal drive.
As mentioned the ability to take screen captures with just a keystroke is great. Snagit has a nice suite of markup and manipulation tools that are great.

Video recording is good and stable, with many options for sound, etc.

What Snagit is not is a video editor. If that is what you are looking for this is not it.

However, if you need one good tool that will have you covered for grabbing and sharing captures and video Snagit is perfect.
Ira Mae Ramos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using SnagIt in our team/department. I am not sure if other teams are using it since most of the softwares that we use are on a need basis. We generally use SnagIt for screen captures and editing images. This tool is quite simple and very easy to use hence very applicable and useful for a small team like ours.
  • Screen captures. This tool lets you customize the way you want to capture your screen. The options it has is very neat and well thought off.
  • Image Editing. The tool also provides a simple editing function which allows one to edit screen captured image. Though it does not really have powerful features like adobe photoshop, it still gets the job done
  • Screen recording. It also has a basic screen recording function which is quite handy in making instructional videos
  • Very basic. Most of the capabilities of this tool arr very basic and not feature packed. So eventhough it gets the job done, it sometimes leave you wanting for more.
  • Scroll capture function would make a good addition to its screen capture capabilities.
Snagit is a good and very handy tool for organizations or departments who makes instructional videos or manuals; for support teams who constantly need to document or capture certain data flashing on the screen; for operations team for purposes like reporting and documentation of events; and for small organizations who could not afford to spend on training but requires a tool that do what SnagIt do.
Kathleen Murray | TrustRadius Reviewer
We began using Snagit in our department after several team members had raved about the free version. We obtained a license to use its additional features shortly after. I previously had tried Lightshot and Snipping Tool. Those worked well enough for basic screen grabs, but they didn’t (at the time) have the ability to take scrolling captures, cut out middle portions of images or take videos. When I began using Snagit, it was a game changer for image capture. It allowed me to work quickly and efficiently. It took the place of several tools - since I could take video, add markup and text and make edits (crop, cut out, blur) all in one place.
  • Video capture - the countdown feature is great so you can set the scene. And you can convert to a gif and easily copy and paste to an email or messenger app.
  • Markup - easily blur areas, crop, cut out (in the middle of images), add text, add arrows or boxes around areas and much more.
  • Scrolling capture - allows me to grab images that span several scrolls to get everything in one image.
  • Image merge - I wish there was an easier way to merge two images in one.
  • Scrolling capture - even though this is one thing I love, sometimes the text gets wonky when I use this feature.
  • The shortcut - this feature feels super unnecessary. And it can be annoying when every time I move my mouse to the right of the screen it pops up.
Snagit is one of those tools that has many purposes - from personal to professional to educational. I think it would be suitable for any scenario in which someone would like to capture images or videos, mark them up, make edits and easily save and share them. I’ve used it primarily in a professional capacity but I’ve also recommended it to others for personal use as well.
Rosalie Byrnes | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our technical writing team uses Snagit for all screenshots and gifs of the platform in our documentation. We generally use Snagit for editing screenshots, taking them instead with the MacBook's built-in screenshot tool or with a Chrome extension. We use Snagit for capturing and editing gifs. We all use the premium version.
  • Capturing videos, editing them, and saving as GIFs, all in the same software. The ability to remove the cursor from view is a particularly valuable to creating seamless, looping GIFs.
  • The ability to create a set of stamps outside of Snagit then import them into Snagit has been great for our team. We can share a standardized set of stamps developed in Lucid Chart, great for numbering images.
  • Editing images and adding highlight boxes is pretty simple and streamlined. It's not a power tool like Photoshop but it more than serves our needs. We mainly focus on minor image edits (removing elements, adjusting elements) and adding highlight boxes or stamps.
  • Snagit's toolbar icon lets me easily capture videos and images, including controlling settings like whether or not to capture the cursor, right from my MacBook's toolbar.
  • I'd love to see more video editing abilities. For example, adding a highlight box inside of a movie before saving it to a GIF.
  • Snagit has limited font options when adding and editing text. Integrating with Google fonts or even adding support/making it clear how to add custom fonts would improve usability.
  • Adding the ability to fill while erasing. For example, if erasing an element from a white background, auto-fill in the erased patch with white, or some other custom color. Instead, I have to rely on copy/pasting from other areas in the picture.
Snagit is great for simple image production and GIF creation. It can't support advanced video editing beyond trimming sections from the video. For more advanced video editing or tracking, another software would be better. But, for capturing simple videos and downloading them as GIFs, Snagit is efficient and effective. Our entire team uses Snagit for editing screenshots of our platform, and occasionally for capturing images (the resolution isn't great so it's not our preferred method of capturing images). For simple editing like adding highlight boxes, stamps, cropping, and copy/pasting to hide or add elements, Snagit does a good job. Overall Snagit isn't a power image editing tool, but for simple, streamlined image editing and GIF creation, Snagit works well for our team.
April 27, 2021

Gets the Job Done

Cameron Michael Rhoads | TrustRadius Reviewer
The technical writing team at Unqork uses Snagit to format images and gifs for our documentation. The software isn't used by any other department in the organization. We use Snagit to standardize images across a dozen writers writing documents. Without Snagit, it would be more difficult to keep our images consistent.
  • Creating GIFs is extremely simple.
  • Customized styles are easy to share with teammates
  • Shapes and arrows all look good
  • It almost seems random what gets saved in my library
  • Image styles seem to vary depending on what kind of computer the user has
Obviously something like Photoshop has more capabilities. But often, you don't need that many features. Snagit has a nice suite of features that doesn't overwhelm, but perform well enough to format and stylize basic images for documentation. It has also been very simple to create GIFs using Snagit.

If you need to create highly stylized custom images or edit video beyond basic cropping, Snagit probably isn't your bag.
Snagit is currently being used by dozens of our employees on multiple departments and for all possible and different working circumstances but all for the same purpose as to easily use an image or screenshot with notes instead of many words to describe it.
It quickly and easily address efficiently the use of screen-shots with many additional features such as notes, text, arrows, callout, where we can say "A picture is worth a thousand words" .
This is more efferent for the employees and users, who creates and who received it, avoiding any confusions and waste of precious time.
  • Fast screen shot of current screen
  • Easily add texts and arrow features
  • Easy creation of training videos
  • Library or all created screen shots
  • Easily feature to combine many screen shots
  • Quickly access with one keyboard button or mouse
  • It could be more efficient after selecting a photo from library to go back to same point on Library where the image was selected
  • Ability to import our own created image into "arrow or shape" features
[Snagit] is perfect for "helping" users, where we can quickly and efficiently take screen shot for where users need to click, write, or navigate.
It is perfect to take quick notes as a screen shot. Great for users that needs to call out some information regarding a photo. It is great to be able to print exactly as seen on screen where sometimes during print we lose some of the format. Great to edit images and quickly make notes on them.
It might be less appropriate working with copyright materials.

Snag what counts

• Screen capture
  • How to scenarios with on screen markups
  • Use for creating training materials
  • Background limitation to square. Would like to capture and use just an image I could snap to
  • Speedier loading on my surface (although quite fast but does have a pause in Loring at times)
  • Editing of item markups sometimes difficult as a click adds new items and avoids selecting an item to edit
Love screen capture with on screen menus engaged. Very easy to add comments to images and cut and paste into emails for visual instructions “how to”.

Snagit Capture

Rob Battaglia | TrustRadius Reviewer
When we are creating new training manuals for our computer classes we use Snagit to capture snapshots of portions of the software that we are explaining in the manual. We also use it to take snapshots of end-users screens via remote sessions when there is a technical issue so that we can diagnose it better.
  • Capture full screens
  • Capture portions of screens
  • Capture objects on screen
  • Easier object capture
  • Better way to set defaults
  • Options to combine images into one file directly from Snagit
Program makes is very easy to capture a whole screen or just a part of it. It even allows you to capture a predefined section of a program like a Ribbon Tab in or a section of a program. If you are in Outlook for example you can select just the Favorites pane or the current email list pane and it will select only that. You can also set it to allow you to drag and select a subset of a screen. It can even select individual icons on the Ribbon in a program like Word or Excel. This makes it really handy for us when we are writing new manuals and need snapshots of what we are discussing on that particular page of the manual.

Saves time!

Jennifer Magoon | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the organization but only by those who specifically ask for it. It is oftentimes used by project managers, or those in Learning and Development to create visuals. The business problem Snagit addresses is that the snipping tool provided by Microsoft is not sufficient to allow for the markups on visuals that lead to better presentations.
  • Capture all or part of a screen or capture a screen recording. I use Snagit to quickly show someone how to do something via screen video capture, or to mark up a screen capture with steps (1, 2, 3)
  • Snagit houses all of your snips without having to save them. You can go back in time and find screen snips you took years ago where as with the snipping tool you need to save your snips.
  • I love the call out feature, the highlighter, and the step features. It makes markup quick and easy.
  • I wish Snagit had a record feature for webcam. I know I can use Camtasia, but I am always in Snagit and it would be helpful to have it there.
  • The stamps are limited and you have to buy more if you want to add additional ones. I feel they should be included in the license cost.
  • I wish there was a tool like photoshop where you can clone part of the picture. If I want to hide something, I have to create a shape the same color and insert it over where I cut it out.
I use Snagit on a daily basis at least a number of times per day. I use it to capture screenshots mostly. In a meeting and they did not share the deck? Snagit. Someone shared something important in the chat and you don't want to lose it? Snagit! Want to annotate screenshots? Snagit. Want to create step-by-step instructions? Snagit.

Probably not appropriate if you want to create super custom-looking things as if you want to bring in other stamps etc, you need to purchase them. You could however get creative and save images you find online, and bring them in as part of your snag it, but that is a bunch of extra steps.
It is not mandated to use Snagit across the organization. It is much more of a choice by a user. I do know it is used as the predominant screen capture tool, however. As for what business problem is addresses; I would say the ability to do the following:
  • Quickly capture a screenshot of information to save and or forward as needed
  • Capture misinformation
  • Document an error
  • Capture the workflow; how to reproduce a workflow error (video capture)
  • One click screen capture. Simply either select from the on-screen activation icon or select "Print Screen" from your keyboard to perform a screen capture
  • The accuracy of the selection. You are able to get down to the pixel level to line up your capture.
  • The ability to quickly switch between settings (capture size, static or video, etc.)
  • Scrolling capture. It certainly could be user error, but I have not been able to perform a scrolling capture. This has been somewhat of an issue when the item I need to capture extends greater than a single browser window.
  • Video capture stoppage: If you run more than a single monitor it can be tricky to keep track of the controls of a video capture
  • Captions - While the system provides various bubble caption options they are pretty rudimentary. Not as clean and/or professional as you might want or say to the art objects in PowerPoint.
In my position I lead a product team. I perform quite a bit of workflow analysis and user experience design. As such I am constantly having to create and take snapshots of user interfaces, workflow errors (video capture of step by step process to recreate an error), general screengrabs to create help one-sheets, and or creating quick 1-2 minute tutorial videos. Snagit performs all of these functions easily and consistently. Pairing the video capture with Camtasia the video editing software I am able to quickly create very helpful videos as needed.

Now it is not made for creating highly animated and or polished videos. It is focused on quickly, accurately, and successfully capturing what is in front of you on the screen.
Daniel Lieber | TrustRadius Reviewer
Snagit is used to explain technical things and provide easy-to-use validation of information on screen. The ability to customize the screen shots (highlights, arrows, text, ovals, etc.) to focus on the important aspect makes it a great value. It reduces the cycle time for getting information across.
  • Screen shot editing
  • Cropping of graphics
  • Ability to annotate graphics with layers
  • Customizable borders to provide visual context (this is part of a screen, a whole screen, etc.)
  • It would be helpful to have an easier way to cancel an inadvertent screen shot
  • Default saving location should be able to be set
  • Auto-update doesn't always work
Snagit is excellent when we need to show something on a screen. It allows for quickly focusing on the important aspect of the screen with the ability to also blur sensitive or irrelevant information. I often will draw ovals or squares with drop shadows around parts of the screen that I need someone to focus on.

It's not great if you just want a graphics editor or plain screen shot grabber. There are free programs that do that, but not with the fast, easy editing of Snagit.
Pritesh Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Snagit for customer support/ticketing and documentation. It is used by our entire company to take screenshots of our application and annotate it to help support our customers. We also use it to create videos and documentation for our software applications for a knowledge base that our customers can use for quick help.
  • Scrolling screenshot for super long pages/screens
  • Can take videos with audio
  • Lots of features to blur out text, annotate, comment, etc.
  • Can take text from a screenshot, which makes it super easy if you need to pull text from a PDF
  • New version every year requires purchase
  • There should be an enterprise version--must purchase a license for each user
  • No tracking for bulk purchases; if you lose the key, you have to buy it again
Snagit is best for any company where customer support is required and needed for creating documentation and videos. I am not sure if there is a less appropriate scenario because I see this being used by freelancers, software companies, and even any of the the big companies. The standard snipping tool for Windows does not provide any features needed.
Alex Wong | TrustRadius Reviewer
The organization did not choose Snagit but I used Snagit in the previous company and ever since, I have purchased a license for my personal and professional use. Snagit helps me to be more productive and taking screenshots adding effects and comments easily, I can have 1 picture that tell the full story or a user manual for my friends and colleagues.
  • Screen capture with ease
  • Auto saving all my screen captures
  • Screen recording is very useful too!
  • There seems to have some bug when it comes to longer hours screen recording that it will crash itself. I had to stop recording every 3-4 hours.
  • Preset functionality should be short and sweet, and easy to toggle without selecting from the SW
  • Please make screen recording with built-in webcam available, I tried screen recording while with webcam turned on, the Snagit will crash on Windows 10.
Snagit is easy to use, better than the Windows native Snip & Sketch, it will help to store screenshots automatically, enables me to take a few screenshots in a shorter time, without the hassle to save it somewhere before proceeding with another screenshot. If more useful functions and features are introduced during their yearly upgrade, that would help attract existing customers to upgrade to the latest version.
Rob Harol | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a leader in an organization powered by volunteers working on a fixed schedule, Snagit is an essential training tool for those required to provide project-level guidance. The ability to take and annotate screenshots that we can use to provide at-a-glance best practices for our volunteer workers is a hugely impactful tool and a great way to maximize training opportunities. Additionally, it allows us to be economical in our words and provide visual learnings in real-time.
  • Easy to use – no training is required, the tools provided are beyond intuitive.
  • Fast – with integration into your toolbar, you're never more than a click away from what you need.
  • Sharable – literally (well not really, but you know what I mean) a million ways to share your output with co-workers or save for future use.
  • Asset library – at times you might assume you can use Snagit as a low-budget wireframing tool, but the limited selection of available assets makes for rudimentary wireframes.
  • Version history – an easier way to save versions would provide some next level capabilities to the suite of tools.
  • Notes – would love to see a notes feature that lives outside of your actual screenshot.
Well suited for:
  • Online training and education -- tools are well suited for quick, in-the-moment lessons in sharing best practices.
  • Video recording features seemingly improve with every new product release. This feature was once an afterthought for me but is now essential.
  • Quick annotations are a breeze with Snagit, and they are super easy to share on the fly.
Don't buy if:
  • You think this will be a design or wireframing tool. It is not made for that level of detail or professionalism. Screen captures are its calling card.
Tom Brooks | TrustRadius Reviewer
Social Media marketing - I use it for quickly capturing images from various media sources for posting material on Facebook, LinkedIn and various blogs on websites of our customers. Not just the Image but also short Video Clips (mp4) format. The quality is outstanding and it is so simple to use. I have been using for several years and have noticed many additional features for the product. The editing of beginning or ending of vidoe clips is great along with "Copy, paste, match colors, resizing" of images as well.
  • [grab] a news story with link back to the source - editing the image, size, color matching etc.
  • grabbing short video clips of a news story and posting directly on facebook. Fast, easy and efficient.
  • We post a lot of "Today in History" story's on Facebook. Using Snagit allows us to combine images fast and easily.
  • Not really, most of the time they have added features I had never thought of. The color match for instance or the editing short video clips. very handy and easy.
As a PC user from the start I have always thought or heard some say that you need to use Apple Products from graphic images for best results. Not true when using Snagit. It gets the job done easily for our needs. Being able to get an image created fast and easily is our goal.
Snagit is being used by all staff members within our organization. I, being part of the IT department, use it to create step-by-step guides for staff, training materials, screenshots for reports and PowerPoint presentations. A majority of the staff use it when communicating with their customers to illustrate issues and/or changes needed on forms that the customers have filled out. They do also use if for grabbing screenshots for PowerPoint presentations as well as for their own reference.

Initially this was purchased because our only option had been doing a print screen, which would turn the selection into a bitmap file, which is not really editable. This product, SnagIt, gave staff a better and easier way to capture images (regions, scrolling pages, panoramic shots, and even videos) and the ability to add text to them, call-outs, image effects, black out/highlight areas, and blur--all of which was not doable with a basic screen capture.
  • Variety of screen capture types: region, window, scrolling, panoramic
  • Ability to edit the captured image
  • Ease of use for staff
  • Saves captured image into a wide variety of file types
  • With certain websites, sometimes the scrolling function does not to work the way it is intended and when that happens, I simply have to switch to panoramic instead.
  • Hitting the print screen key opens the screen capture utility but I would like to see it open up to the capture selection type instead.
Snagit is perfect for those who create guides, instructions, PowerPoints, and any other presentation or document type that needs to have images included. Snagit is even able to do video capture, even though they have a separate product (Camtasia) that allows for more in-depth video capture and editing abilities. This package is simple enough to use and doesn't require a powerhouse system nor computer-savvy people to use it.
Sanjay KV | TrustRadius Reviewer
Snagit is used to make content and it plays a crucial role in creating interactive content by highlighting steps in screenshots for the website. It's used across the content creation team. It helps to highlight content in a very interactive way by using Text and Annotation. Snagit [is] also used to record the team session and effective in recording KT.
  • Recording the screen for documentation
  • Adding text and Annotating the screenshot
  • Editing the past screenshot
  • Accessing the screenshot library
  • Recording with webcam and screen aspect ration need to be improved
  • Adding more Tutorials to the help section to make learning curve faster
Especially with content creation, Sangit worked more than expected. There were scenarios [where] users had to go back and correct the procedure in the screenshot, and normally users have to repeat the process and take the screenshot again, but Snagit provides the flexibility to go to the library and change the screenshot.
Snagit is being used by multiple different departments in our organization. Mostly it is being used by technology-related departments. It solves the problem of recording screens when testing any of use-case scenarios and making screenshots of the issues easily.
  • Screen recording
  • Screenshot creation
  • Great editor tool
  • Variety of share options
  • Video editing tool could have more options
Snagit is a great tool for making screenshots or screen recordings. It is intuitive, easy to use, and has a lot of great editing features. Works fast and without any glitches.
Snagit can be used anytime you need to do screen grabs. I make powerpoint slides with it, grab things for email, documentation, or technical training. It is so much more powerful than the built in windows tool. It's especially useful when you want to clip something from a page that scrolls or you have to move side to side. Even best of all is the editor that comes with it. I have been able to make tons of step by step guides with it.
  • Reasonable priced
  • Full featured screen grab and video capture
  • Can't think of any
Snagit is amazing. I couldn't do a lot of my job without it. I just used it to help make documentation on our security procedures. Everyone that sees me use it asks what that is and how do they get it.
May 03, 2021

Great product!

Our organization uses Snagit across the board. I find I use it at least a half a dozen times a day sharing screenshots and giving detailed instructions. We recently implemented a new payment software and I've been majorly involved in training our users on how to use the product. Snagit has helped me easily grab images and edit them to show our users what I'm seeing and walk them through processes.
  • The ability to edit images
  • Easily take screenshots using print screen
  • Easily crop images
  • Sometimes the app won't catch that I'm pressing print screen and it won't register
  • Make the editing function a little more user friendly. Some options can be tricky to find.
  • Making it so you can automatically drag the image into a drop box without needing to save as PDF
I've found that [Snagit] is a great product for those who are frequently training other users, especially with COVID. This product has been very helpful with showing users step by step instructions through emails. As those who don't need to share screenshots often, this product may not be the best option.