https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/kX/c3/NHD9A1SABLEU.pngSnagit Captures My Praise and My ScreenOur department is focused on learning and development. We use Snagit to capture screenshots (photo and video) for use in tutorials. Outside of our department, Snagit is used to screen capture issues with systems that I help to manage for troubleshooting. Creatively, Snagit steps in where most use Microsoft's Snipping Tool. Often times for our tutorials, we need to capture a delayed still. Snagit accomplishes this task with ease.,Snagit handles delayed screenshots extremely well. Abilities to add frequent functions to your profile for quick access is a great time and effort saver. Seamless connection to video editing resources is a great bonus for increasing workflow efficiency.,Snagit doesn't do a good job of remembering your last chosen file type. If I'm capturing and saving my images mostly to PNG, I would expect the application to save primarily to PNG. Likewise, an ability to apply a naming scheme to files would increase efficiency. Snagit isn't a full function image editor, but adding more tools to its belt would improve my likelihood to use this product exclusively.,9,Snagit has proven to a crucial tool in acquiring the images need to carry out our training. Snagit has enable our staff to clearly capture technical issues and for our department to respond efficiently and clearly. We now spend less time tracking down images of software that we might through image searches. For the software that we use, we can now just capture the visuals quickly and efficiently.,,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DC, Cornerstone OnDemand, Articulate StorylineSnagit is the perfect screencapture tool for help content!Currently, only my team uses Snagit. We create end-user help content on our user knowledge base and use Snagit to create all our screenshots and gifs. We also create sales and support job aids - including fact sheets, reference guides, and troubleshooting guides. All of these often need screenshots and other graphic representations, which Snagit is ideal for. Snagit allows us to keep our screenshots consistent across all documentation and provides tools for image manipulation that are very easy to use and create good-looking images. The image library provides great image management and the annotation and other tools allow us to show, hide, and highlight the appropriate parts of the images easily.,simple image and video capture - you can capture regions, full-screen, scrolling regions, webpages, menus, text, etc. easy sharing capabilities - share with screencast, share to camtasia and other platforms, save directly to drive. easy editing - blur, crop, fill, annotate, highlight, markup, align multiple images, size, stamp. create presets and build editing libraries for specific uses,library organizing - tagging is simple but there doesn't seem to be a way to bulk tag or remove tags. it would also be great to have other organizing options besides tagging,10,Positive - quicker content creation. Snagit allows us to create the images we need quickly and to update our knowledge base efficiently, freeing my team up to focus on other projects so we can meet our weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals more consistently Positive - integration with Camtasia results in quicker video creation. Video content consistently sees more engagement on our help center.,CloudApp,Camtasia, Sketch, ZendeskI cannot live without SnagIt, its a condition of employment for me!Snagit is used at my organization on a per user requested system so I'm not sure how wide-spread it is since I'm not in IT. I know the majority of people on my two teams of HR and Learning & Development use it and love it. I have often used it while in a meeting or demo and people have asked what it is since it was so many more features that the Snippet tool and then they request it from IT.,Quick screen grabs to refer to later. They can reside in the library or be saved out in many different formats. I often grab a screenshot to have it one monitor while I move to a different part of the system I grabbed the screenshot from as a reference when making system changes. Once you capture the screenshot you can highlight, magnify, blur out, add a big red arrow etc. This is perfect for a quick email to someone to help support what they are trying to do or add to your documentation. The ability to select a region, window or many other quick tools really helps narrow down what you want to show. Panoramic capture is the bomb! You select your area, then start the capture then scroll through the data and it captures it all in one screenshot! You can create a quick video with a voice over and save as MPEG to send to a user or tech support to better explain than typing out what problem you are seeing. So easy to use and intuitive!,I seriously can't think of one thing yet each time they have a release it has some new cool thing. I've been using them for 20 years and 3 different organizations and cannot live without this software.,10,The cost of this product is so small compared to the value it provides! Since I use this product daily, compared to the cost, its fractions of pennies per day to purchase.Snagit...LifesaverWe use Snagit to show small videos and tutorials of how to update websites. We also use it to illustrate updates in design and for art direction on websites and design files.,Very good at quick screen captures Great a explanatory videos Good to point out issues and proof design documents and provide direction I also use it to annotate sketches and illustrate concepts.,Sometimes the scrolling feature doesn't work the way it should. I often have problems when capturing a website through the scroll feature. I just downloaded the newest version and I think it will address some of my concerns with layering. Sometimes a base layer is hard to manage. I would like to capture YouTube videos and have the ability to download them. I use other software now for that.,10,Quicker to answer questions that clients have. Great for help desk issues. Allows us to work smarter and faster with low overhead of training.,Camtasia and iMovie,Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, FreshBooksSnagIt: Quick and ProfessionalI don't believe Snagit is the defacto screen capture program for the organization overall, but plenty of people here use it for everyday use. My department specifically uses it for documentation gathering, customer communication, and testing with support and product management. It's a fast and easy tool design for quick and simple processes.,A professional way to get screen grabs compared to similarly competitive tools Screen grabs to show people internal/external to the company the specific thing I'm discussing (via email, message systems) Getting screens and pictures ready for formal documentation that can be shared to the masses and for long-term,Sometimes I feel it has too many options, and could be cleaner. A better way to see previous screen captures Automated way to send right from the program,8,Quick responses to customers in sticky situations where there is tension. Cut down communication time there. On an average scenario can cut down 3 emails per situation. Create professional documents that last for longer than they would have. Cut down on documentation redo by 5% as an estimate Smooth transition of information between internal teams. Fast and direct ways to resolution of technical issues I can't explain via words,,Slack, Microsoft Office 2016
Snagit

Snagit Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Snagit
Filter 177 vetted Snagit reviews and ratings
Relton McBurrows profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Snagit Captures My Praise and My Screen"

• Snagit handles delayed screenshots extremely well.
  • Abilities to add frequent functions to your profile for quick access is a great time and effort saver.
  • Seamless connection to video editing resources is a great bonus for increasing workflow efficiency.
  • Snagit doesn't do a good job of remembering your last chosen file type. If I'm capturing and saving my images mostly to PNG, I would expect the application to save primarily to PNG.
  • Likewise, an ability to apply a naming scheme to files would increase efficiency.
  • Snagit isn't a full function image editor, but adding more tools to its belt would improve my likelihood to use this product exclusively.
Snagit is well suited to capture screens for troubleshooting and tutorial purposes. We build documents, sites, and courses with image gathered using Snagit. However, if you're looking for higher features for screen capture such as cursor highlighting, you'll need to look into spending more for Camtasia.

Snagit has limited image editing features, so it less suited for manipulating the images that you capture.
Read Relton McBurrows's full review
Sarah Holdgrafer profile photo
November 28, 2018

Review: "Snagit is the perfect screencapture tool for help content!"

• simple image and video capture - you can capture regions, full-screen, scrolling regions, webpages, menus, text, etc.
  • easy sharing capabilities - share with screencast, share to Camtasia and other platforms, save directly to drive.
  • easy editing - blur, crop, fill, annotate, highlight, markup, align multiple images, size, stamp. create presets and build editing libraries for specific uses
  • library organizing - tagging is simple but there doesn't seem to be a way to bulk tag or remove tags. it would also be great to have other organizing options besides tagging
It's perfect for end-user documentation screenshots and gifs. You can do all the image editing and manipulation you need without all the Photoshop bells and whistles (and training). It's also a good image editor in general, so importing photos and doing simple image editing (markup, annotations, stamps, blurs, etc) is again much simpler than more complex programs like photoshop. And it has far more features than a free editor like GIMP.
Read Sarah Holdgrafer's full review
Melissa Odom profile photo
November 26, 2018

Review: "I cannot live without SnagIt, its a condition of employment for me!"

• Quick screen grabs to refer to later. They can reside in the library or be saved out in many different formats. I often grab a screenshot to have it one monitor while I move to a different part of the system I grabbed the screenshot from as a reference when making system changes.
  • Once you capture the screenshot you can highlight, magnify, blur out, add a big red arrow etc. This is perfect for a quick email to someone to help support what they are trying to do or add to your documentation.
  • The ability to select a region, window or many other quick tools really helps narrow down what you want to show.
  • Panoramic capture is the bomb! You select your area, then start the capture then scroll through the data and it captures it all in one screenshot!
  • You can create a quick video with a voice over and save as MPEG to send to a user or tech support to better explain than typing out what problem you are seeing.
  • So easy to use and intuitive!
  • I seriously can't think of one thing yet each time they have a release it has some new cool thing. I've been using them for 20 years and 3 different organizations and cannot live without this software.
I use this multiple times on a daily basis and can't think of anyplace I would not find it appropriate. I use it to create technical documentation, show a colleague something I am seeing (way better than words!), create a step by step problem recreation for tech support, capture a scrolling error message, and the list could go on endlessly.
Read Melissa Odom's full review
Bart Caylor profile photo

User Review: "Snagit...Lifesaver"

• Very good at quick screen captures
  • Great a explanatory videos
  • Good to point out issues and proof design documents and provide direction
  • I also use it to annotate sketches and illustrate concepts.
  • Sometimes the scrolling feature doesn't work the way it should. I often have problems when capturing a website through the scroll feature.
  • I just downloaded the newest version and I think it will address some of my concerns with layering. Sometimes a base layer is hard to manage.
  • I would like to capture YouTube videos and have the ability to download them. I use other software now for that.
Explanatory videos, demos, short explanations.
Read Bart Caylor's full review
Matthew Vita profile photo
November 26, 2018

User Review: "SnagIt: Quick and Professional"

• A professional way to get screen grabs compared to similarly competitive tools
  • Screen grabs to show people internal/external to the company the specific thing I'm discussing (via email, message systems)
  • Getting screens and pictures ready for formal documentation that can be shared to the masses and for long-term
  • Sometimes I feel it has too many options, and could be cleaner.
  • A better way to see previous screen captures
  • Automated way to send right from the program
It's perfect for all daily tasks where you need to capture screens from programs, documents, etc., and share them with people in or outside of your company. I think the only downside comes to the fact that there are similar tools, that may be free if I'm not mistaken that can do the majority of the needed tasks.
Read Matthew Vita's full review
Chetan Vatsyayen profile photo
June 18, 2018

User Review: "Snagit just Snag's it!!"

We use Snagit pretty extensively across the company. It helps us "Snag" anything and everything, annotate, markup and/or share, in fact despite being a Microsoft shop I have never used the tool that windows provides since it is just no match.
  • Snag anything and everything, even full pages on the web (with scroll)
  • Ability to record videos, we do a lot of screen records for a variety of reasons without ever thinking twice.
  • Very user-friendly editing and markup tools help achieve a lot in under 30 secs
  • Maybe a little more on editing tools, not that what we have is not enough
Snagit is a tool that is a must-have for any professional, I cannot think of working without it. Unless we are planning to do some serious photo edits (which it anyways is not meant to be doing) Snagit can do it all.
Read Chetan Vatsyayen's full review
Justine Schwartz profile photo
November 19, 2018

Review: "Snagit makes screen grabbing from the web on a PC as easy as a Mac"

We use Snagit mainly to capture product images from the web and resize images for use on our website.
  • Snagit allows PC users to capture images (screen grab them) as easily as Mac users (command 4).
  • Snagit allows users to resize, reorient, etc. images they capture.
  • It's very easy to use Snagit. Freelancers and staff writers alike are able to pick it up quickly.
  • Snagit's prompts to save an image before exiting the program are pesky.
  • Snagit is not as sophisticated as programs like Photoshop.
  • Snagit sends frequent prompts when you're using the free trial.
Snagit is perfect for doing a screen grab of any image on the web that is not available for jpg download.
Snagit is not perfect for airbrushing and advanced image editing.
Read Justine Schwartz's full review
Adam Bruckman, MPH, CPC profile photo
May 16, 2018

User Review: "Snagit FTW"

We primarily use Snagit to capture screenshots and produce videos for training videos that are distributed to our entire department. Regarding screenshots, compared to the snipping tool in Windows, Snagit offers much more editing options. It also has a capture delay, so if you want to show a drop-down menu, for example, you can set the delay for a couple of seconds, click on the menu, and Snagit will take the screenshot. You can never do that with the snipping tool.
  • Delayed screen capture allows snapshot of dropdown menus or any other fields that require clicking on.
  • Produces excellent videos that you can easily edit and organize
  • Offers a substantial amount of editing features for screenshots including text options
  • Very user-friendly
  • Although in most cases Snagit's screenshot editing tools are sufficient, they could probably expand the options a bit
  • For videos, it seems to often cut off the last word or so when you stop recording
Snagit is excellent for capturing video and screenshots for the purposes of creating organizational training materials. It would be very challenging to create the screenshots we do just using the Windows snipping tool. If, however, you just want a quick screenshot to send in an email, I just stick with the snipping tool. However, for screenshot videos, I would 100% use Snagit.
Read Adam Bruckman, MPH, CPC's full review
Heidi Jonsson profile photo
May 11, 2018

User Review: "SnagIt is used DAILY!"

Our entire organization uses SnagIt We use it for a variety of purposes. We use the still image as well as the video function - it helps us grab images for trainings, presentations, and showing others how to do something when they are remote.
  • We recently did a screen share session with associates all over the US. One person was not able to attend, so we used the 'video' component to record the session - the screen clicks and the different things that you could do with the program so that when the co-worker returned to the office, she could catch up and not have to ask the trainer to repeat the session.
  • We often need to show how a screen looks in a variety of logged in states - so if we can show the URL and the screen in one shot, it helps our developers know where to troubleshoot and fix/update any issues we're experiencing.
  • I like how it's easy to go back to older snags you created - so you don't have to go and re-do a snag, you can simply go to the editor and copy the image into whatever purpose you have/need.
  • It takes a bit of time for the program to load sometimes.
  • I think that the cursor/arrow should default as NOT in the image, I've had to redo so many snags because my arrow was in the image. I know you can adjust this in settings, but it should start NOT in there.

Works well:

- Training

- Remote Employees screen share

- Presentation development

Needs help:

- Load time

- Need more tools for editing, or adding colors, outlines, etc. on the screen

Read Heidi Jonsson's full review
Timothy Aulph profile photo
February 27, 2018

Snagit Review: "Best Rapid Development Graphics Tool I've Used for 12+ Years!"

The ability to quickly produce graphics for eLearning, training guides, videos, job aids, reports, and emails, with quality content, has been outstanding! I have been able to use this product to create graphics used in multiple eLearning courses without the need for Photoshop!
  • Quick screen captures for graphics, gifs, and videos!
  • Intuitive tools
  • Low cost
  • There isn't a cloud-based solution
  • Memory Hog - best used with lots of RAM (I have 16 GB)
  • Not robust, like Photoshop (but that can be considered a good thing too!)
What I like best about Snagit is its intuitiveness. This has been my go-to tool for multiple types of projects over the years; especially, projects that needed to be done quickly. And even though I have been able to quickly produce graphics for eLearning, training guides, videos, job aids, reports, and emails, the quality is comparable to some work done in Photoshop.

SnagIt is less appropriate if you need to create high-quality, high-resolution images. Photoshop is your best bet for that; especially, projects that have dedicated time and project managers.

Read Timothy Aulph's full review
Enrique Cuarental Bolet profile photo
May 28, 2018

Review: "Snagit is a lightweight and powerful tool that empowers you for your daily basis work in the digital era"

We use SnagIt to easily capture and organize the screenshots we take daily.
  • Capture and organize several screenshots and videos of the work we do every day
  • Flexible keyboard shortcuts to get the job done and not override other keyboard shortcuts of other applications
  • Search tool to get the screenshots and videos we take of the relevant information. You can apply tags as well
  • Editing tools to customize the screenshot that later you can share with your colleagues
  • Lack of OCR capabilities
I highly recommend to anyone this tool because it allows you to easily and quickly capture relevant information from your screen when you are attending any webinar or meeting.
Read Enrique Cuarental Bolet's full review
Jordon Sargent profile photo
June 20, 2017

Snagit Review: "Simple tool, very convenient."

Snagit is typically used at our organization in the following roles: sales development, support, account executives. It is used to show and explain to customers certain things within our tool that cannot be illustrated if screen share is not an option. It's best for basic photo editing or markups. A good example would be taking a screen shot of something in the software, then circling the spot where they need to click and then writing steps directly on the image by using arrows, numbers, shapes, etc.
  • Good variety of shapes, arrows, and other basic drawing features for explanations.
  • Never choppy or glitchy.
  • A Snagit "quick tab" is always open on the screen for whenever you need to use it. At the same time, it's not in the way at all but sits inconspicuously in the corner.
  • The first time using Snagit took a little while to learn because there was no training.
  • I do basic photoshop work with Snagit. And I mean BASIC. However, a simple freeform/lasso crop tool would be nice.
  • More accessible support team.
Great for explaining something by way of words, shapes, arrows, etc., on top of an image/screen shot.

Though I mentioned using Snagit for basic photoshop needs, I want to highlight again that Snagit is not primarily intended for photoshopping. The primary use of the tool is to take screen shots or upload images and then to draw on top of those images for further explanation.
Read Jordon Sargent's full review
Bob Derr profile photo
June 14, 2017

Review: "Snagit - the Swiss Army knife for marketers"

It is a Swiss Army knife for marketers as it solves and addresses so many needs. It is very easy to use and is highly flexible. Creating images, screen grabs, and editing images is super easy. I use it every day on a variety of tasks. Highly recommended - great value. Buy it today!
  • Screen grab
  • Video creation
  • Image edits
  • Creating basic .png designs
  • No big gaps - it is very useful
As stated, it is a Swiss Army knife for marketers. You can use it to create an explainer video. In addition, it allows you to perform a wide array of edits and annotations to image files.
Read Bob Derr's full review
October 24, 2017

Review: "SnagIt should be part of any PC/Mac application suite!"

Across the whole organization. It is amazing in cross-training and documenting procedures, recording screens for click-through analysis (RPA), you name it! I'd be dead without it!
  • Documenting business requirements, bugs, issues, enhancements, mock-ups
  • Recording screen for click-through analysis (process design document for RPA)
  • Enhancing marketing materials
  • Mac version is a bit confusing to use, I just wish it had more commonalities with PC one
I recommended it in our innovation campaign and it is available at enterprise level to everyone upon request. It is an essential tool. I keep recommending it in all of my interactions (where needed).
Karl Plesz profile photo
April 18, 2017

Review: "Capture that screen and edit like a pro with Snagit"

Snagit is mostly used by the Trainer (yours truly), almost on a weekly basis, with a few other people using it on occasion. I leverage it a lot in the manipulation, formatting and annotation of pictures used in training deliverables, such as PowerPoint, SCORM training material, manuals, etc. Other people use it to edit pictures destined for manuals.
  • Annotations. In many training uses, pictures on their own don't tell the whole story. They need annotation, and Snagit makes this easy to do while offering more options than what you get in basic image capture software that comes with Windows.
  • Blurring of sensitive data. I produce a lot of screen captures of software in action, but often the data is sensitive and the easiest solution is to blur the data. This is easy in Snagit.
  • Spotlight and magnify. When you need a large capture to create context, but the area of interest is small and focussed, this Snagit feature rocks my world.
  • Edges. No better way to indicate that what you're seeing is only a part of a bigger picture than with torn edge effect.
  • Menus. I constantly need to not only capture a screen, but also the menu(s) in action, which require time delay. Done and done with Snagit.
  • I find the screen capture profile interface less than intuitive.
  • I wish there were more artistic filter options.
When you need one stop photo editing / annotating software with a lot of capture options, this is about as good as it gets. Resizing, cropping, blurring, annotation, callouts, highlighting, adding edges, If your needs are more to do with artistic manipulation, there are better options out there.
Read Karl Plesz's full review
DOT FOWLER profile photo
April 04, 2017

User Review: "SnagIt! Wins with Me"

SnagIt is a less expensive way to have both a screen capture program, and the ability to edit graphics in one program. I like the multiple capture types, especially the ability to capture a scrolling screen from top to bottom. I also love the ability to crop, box, remove a chunk from the middle, edit text on the screen, etc.

While SnagIt does not have a robust editor, it does have enough for most of my needs. I rarely need a full-fledged graphics program for my current position, so the editor that comes with SnagIt does the trick for a lot less than a graphics program.
  • When showing a capture of a full page of a report (for example), where not all of the lines are needed, you can crop out a chunk in the middle using their Cut Out function, which makes it obvious that repetitive lines have been removed, but allowing you to show the top and bottom of the report. You can also crop screens (regular crop option) and give it a "torn edge" appearance, which has been useful.
  • You can allow SnagIt to name the captures without you needed to stop and deal with each capture while in the middle of capturing screens. Then you can go back with the Editor and check each file.
  • The editor allows you to rotate, color, add a border, add text and comments, arrows, highlight text, etc.
  • TechSmith's products work well together. You can capture videos in SnagIt or Camtasia Studio, and use the latter to produce quality productions. If simpler videos are all you need, SnagIt suffices.
  • You can choose from multiple ready-made profiles in SnagIt, such as sharing to YouTube, capturing an image while saving the hyperlinks in the image as hotspots in a PDF file.
  • I use the Scrolling Window option often to capture screens that are longer than one window. This feature can be a bit bumpy depending upon how the developers have defined that screen. For example, some scrolling windows will not work correctly in SnagIt's scrolling window function. With those, I have to capture each window separately and either piece together in the Editor as one window, or show as three separate parts of one window.
  • If you are used to using a robust graphics program, you will be frustrated with SnagIt's editor. It is fine for many things, but is not intended to be a heavy duty graphics program. You may need to have both.
SnagIt is appropriate when your main objective is to capture screenshots for marking up and inserting into other documents.
It is appropriate for limited editing.
It is appropriate for simple videos.
It is easy to learn for the novice user.
It is less likely to replace a true graphics or draw program, which in turn require more experienced users.
Read DOT FOWLER's full review
Grace Filkins profile photo
March 30, 2017

Review: "Snagit and how it captured more than just my screen"

Snagit is being used by myself and the team I work with to help us take screenshots for courses, lab guides, student guides, instructor guides and to create how-to documentation. It is what we exclusively use when needing to take any screenshot. Using snagit has allowed us to capture screenshots that are of a higher quality than we have experienced in the past with other software.
  • I find that snagit allows more flexibility when I take screen shots, allowing me to choose what area of my screen I want to take a snap of rather than having to crop it in the editing phase.
  • Snagit keeps a library of my screenshots. This is a feature I thought I would not need at first but have grown accustomed to using and depending on this feature.
  • The editing capabilities have been one of the most amazing features. Working with the snagit software I am able to edit the screenshots adding text, pointers, highlights, steps, etc with ease. It is just a one stop tool. I do not need to copy and paste my image in another tool to edit.
  • I have found in the version of Snagit I have that I could use more details on setup or easier setup. I like to have a hotkey for the screen shots and found that with Windows 10 it was more difficult to set up. I am sure this might be a Windows 10 issue but Snagit could offer some tips on how to set it up correctly without my having to go digging for the information.
  • I would like more editing features, it serves its purpose now but if there was room for improvement more editing would be nice.
  • I do not care for the tab that is always open on my screen, I find that I am always accidentally sliding past it and then the drop down appears. I have tried to have it in different positions on my screen but nothing seems to really work for me. There may be a step I can take to make this go away and pop up with a hotkey but I do not feel snagit has educated me enough to know how to do that.
For any person who needs to be able to take screen shots this would be the tool to use. I currently use it every day to create documentation, how-tos, send examples, show steps to a colleague (without a full-blown how-to), send error reports, etc. This tool allows me the flexibility to take the screen shot, edit and copy/save all in one place. It has made it my go-to tool and I no longer use any other software for screenshots or editing. I have not found any scenario where it is less appropriate or has not been usable.
Read Grace Filkins's full review
Richard Watson profile photo
March 28, 2017

Review: "Capture and Communicate Your Ideas with Snagit"

I currently use Snagit to capture and modify images I use in blog posts on my website and for all my e-Learning development projects.
  • It provides a simple intuitive interface that makes the entire process of capturing and editing images easy. It also fits into my current design workflow seamlessly.
  • It provides the ability to created animated gifs. This allows me to showcase how an interaction would look and work for my clients during the prototype and design phase.
  • I also use it to provide feedback by capturing screen shots and making notes/comments for other developers.
  • Automatically delete captures after a set period of time.
  • Continue to make in-product help more adaptable to user's skill level.
  • Additional filters that can be applied to image captures.
Areas where Snagit is well suited include:
  • screen captures for of images/videos
  • annotating images
  • cropping/editing
  • creating animated gifs to show processes/interactions
  • resizing images
  • recording video of how tos
Read Richard Watson's full review
William Ruthrauff profile photo
March 02, 2017

User Review: "Snagit and Enhance It Quick and Easy"

I primarily use Snagit for creating images for the many internal web sites I manage. Snagit allows me to easily create images with the suite of tools provided. These tools offer the same power found in more expensive programs. I also use Snagit to document errors I may receive while working in programs, as this allows for easier reporting. Often I will create videos which can be used as a training tool. This is such a versatile tool that I can't image working without it.
  • Creating PNG files with a transparent background so they can be used within any media (word processors, presentation software, web pages).
  • Quick videos are easily created within Snagit. These videos are a valuable tool for training as users can refer back to them when needed.
  • The output accessories are great too. This allows integration with popular software and storage solutions.
  • It is a great way to document steps on a screen print. The stamps tool has predefined styles of stamps that automatically increment when pasted on an image. So the user doesn't need to create a 1, 2, 3, etc.
  • Quick and easy way to resize an image to fit your project. Much quicker than using a more expensive software tool.
  • It would be beneficial to work with different layers before you "flatten" the image as a final project.
  • Expansion of the available stamps.
  • More refined selection capability when doing a scrolling capture.
Anytime you need a quick and easy way to clip, resize, and manipulate a static image with a set of powerful tools, then this is program is for you. I use it so much during the course of my workday that not having it available would make my job more difficult. I seem to always find a use for it, whether I'm responding to an email (providing an image within for clarity on a subject), documenting software problems, or creating a short video to instruct someone on how to perform an action. It just fits in so nicely into your work day.
Read William Ruthrauff's full review
Heather Gleason profile photo
April 24, 2017

Review: "I cannot function efficiently without SnagIt"

SnagIt is used by different individuals within our company. I always request SnagIt to be included in the software setup for my direct reports. SnagIt does not address a particular business problem, but it does assist me in preventing frustration for employees. This is accomplished through the documents and instructions I am able to create for employees using SnagIt.
  • It is extremely user friendly. You do not need to take a course to figure out how to use this software.
  • It is extremely easy to create documents or just copy an image to an email.
  • You can easily add arrows, text boxes, and highlighting to make things stand out in the captured image.
  • I don't like the erase feature. It leaves a white and gray checkerboard image over the deleted material.
  • There aren't many features of SnagIt that I don't like.
SnagIt makes it very easy and quick to capture a screen image and send it via email or save it as a file. I use this feature daily. It is so helpful for me to assist others using images not just complicated written instructions. SnagIt is also great for cropping photos as needed.
Read Heather Gleason's full review
Anne Lieder profile photo
April 24, 2017

Review: "SnagIt - the best screen shot software available"

SnagIt is used in our Marketing department, as well as our Tech Publications department. We use it to take screen shots and annotate them for use in technical manuals, work instructions, instructional e-mails, and various tasks requiring additional detail. Not only is SnagIt easy to use, it also provides flexibility when detailing screens as we are an HMI driven company.
  • Screen shots -- SnagIt offers several methods for obtaining screen shots -- whole screen, regions of screens, scrolling screens, One-click, etc. I consider SnagIt an invaluable tool.
  • Annotating screen shots is also very easy -- you can apply just about any type of annotation you need, and even save them as favorite styles to maintain consistency.
  • SnagIt Editor is also a great tool for adding effects to your screen shots. Items such as watermarks, borders, filters, trimming, resolution, etc.
  • I'd also like to mention that I've used TechSmith's online help and it was fantastic! Great support.
  • Stamps - I use stamps frequently to number items on a screen shot. I wish the number stamps were smaller, in proportion to the screen shot.
SnagIt is best suited for:
Training
Technical Manuals
Instructions
General screen shots

It's less suited for
Creating animations - Camtasia is a better product for that.
Read Anne Lieder's full review
Todd Byers profile photo

Snagit: "Quick Review"

I use it for screen shots of software processes. I then take the screen shots and import them into Captivate to simulate a software process. They are also used in the tutorial section to show progress while explaining the same process. They are then used to create a practice demo where the person can simulate the same process.
  • Screen shots of specific portions of the screen
  • Able to do a delayed capture, especially helpful for getting shots of pull down menus
  • Ability to edit the results of the capture, I sometimes want to hide a portion of the screen shot, say a beta label
  • Sometimes I want to get a capture of a subset of a screen, and SnagIt will only give me one portion or the other, maybe a way to do this easier
  • More powerful edit options once the capture has taken place
SnagIt is great when trying to capture a screen, or part of a screen, for use in programs like PowerPoint or Captivate. I want my shots to be a specific size and SnagIt lets me know the size of the shot before I take the picture. It does not do as well when a pull-down goes beyond the scope of the original screen.
Read Todd Byers's full review
Tina Francis profile photo
April 17, 2017

User Review: "Use Snagit everyday!"

We purchased a 5 user license for our group. I use it for quick and easy screenshots for emails, Word docs, PowerPoint, and issue tracking. It is much more powerful to use than the desktop snipit tool and just as easy. I also like the editing features available before sharing the screenshot.
  • Quick screenshot of a portion of screen
  • Editing before sharing
  • Scrolling screenshot to get full page
  • Drawing tools
  • Scrolling captures are sometimes hard to do
  • Nothing specific. Just need more time to learn all the features.
  • Maybe more video tutorials, especially for advanced features and where to leverage.
Best for documentation and slides, or anywhere pictures help to describe.
Read Tina Francis's full review
Miguel Morales, MBA, MIS profile photo
April 13, 2017

"My honest Techsmith SnagIt review"

SnagIt is used by the entire organization. Primarily by Training Developers. There are no problems with this product.
  • I use SnagIt for Screen capture of virtually anything.
  • I also use it for video recording.
  • I also use it as a "photoshop" or image editing tool. It is very easy to take an image and make modifications to it and use the final product in anything.
  • More video editing capabilities like some from Camtasia.
When explaining to a colleague something, just take the screenshot and show them. Add bubbles with explanation for better communication. This is not good for Video recording, unless you just want to see the recording later as informational material but not for presentations or training.
Read Miguel Morales, MBA, MIS's full review
Nelson Walker profile photo
April 05, 2017

User Review: "Grab it with Snagit"

SnagIt is a great tool. We use it for screenshots and video tutorials throughout our organization. I have to interact with SME's (System Matter Experts) all the time and we review lessons and its so much easier to use a Sangit to take screenshots and videos to convey our point. The greatest feature of SnagIt is the toggle. It stays on the screen so it's very easy to access. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The ability to screenshot a particular area on the screen is great.
  • I use SnagIt editor so when I screen shot a area I can actually add a text or circle a particular area.
  • With Snagit you can also save your screenshots or videos in different formats which is great, especially for our LMS.
  • Sometimes updates remove the toggle at the top but that's not a big deal.
  • More customization with the interface.
  • Not sure if you can time stamp your screenshots.
SnagIt is great for creating snack videos and screenshots. It's very easy to copay and paste your screenshots into Outlook. It is hard to specify a particular scenario because I use SnagIt everyday. As a Instructional Designer, it is my go to tool. I think SnagIt should be used in all organizations because it makes things much easier.
Read Nelson Walker's full review