Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Azure
Currently, our department is using Microsoft Azure as an extension of our private cloud. We are a public university and we have difficulties in buying hardware to expand our infrastructure. We use a public cloud as part of the process of having temporary expansion until the end of the buying process. We offer researchers an IaaS cloud and for now, we also use Microsoft Azure to host applications developed for PaaS clouds.
- The possibility to link github repositories in deployments slots
- Use of staging slots to deploy a web application with zero downtime
- Datacenter in Brazil
- The user interface works slowly on moderns browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
- In some cases, it is hard to find what we want in the user interface.
- Sometimes terminating (shutting down) a virtual machine does not succeed properly and the VM remains running in the background, billing it.
- License/hardware cost and time savings to expand private cloud infrastructure