Reviews (1-1 of 1)
November 09, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Ubuntu OpenStack is being used by the whole organization and beyond. It is used internally by developers to create development and integration environments. Also used with Jenkins to create a VM, deploy automatically an app and launch automated tests on it then destroy the VM. It is also used for hosting services.
- Very easy to use, learning curve is very short. Don't need to invest months of training before using it
- Well suited with Jenkins for automated tests
- Works well on large sets of heterogeneous hardware
- Support for High Availability should be better
- Commercial offerings should be more precise and clear
- Provide more help and tools to migrate from VMware to OpenStack
Read this authenticated review
If you need to support diverse infrastructures then you need OpenStack. Also if you can't afford to pay costly licenses for commercial products then it is a no brainer. If you need to quickly recover for failures OpenStack will provide self healing and automatic load balancing! Don't use it if your hardware is homogeneous.
Ubuntu OpenStack Scorecard Summary
About Ubuntu OpenStack
Ubuntu OpenStack is the eponymous cloud openstack option from Canonical in the UK.
Categories: OpenStack Cloud
Ubuntu OpenStack Technical Details