Dynamics SL For Project and Crew Based Accountinghttps://www.trustradius.com/erpMicrosoft Dynamics SLUnspecified6.5551012015-05-06T01:31:57.098Z
Updated December 25, 2015
Dynamics SL For Project and Crew Based Accounting
Score 9 out of 101
- Financials (GL,AP,AR, Cash Manager)
- Project Controller Series
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics SL
We are using it for project and crew based cost accounting in one of our utility contracting companies and are in the process of rolling out the system to another one of our largest companies. Eventually, all companies under the holding company will deploy Dynamics SL as their ERP system as well as the parent company. The parent company will perform cross company consolidations.
- Provides flexibility for complex project based cost accounting
- Strong and flexible allocation processer for cost allocations, markups, and pricing
- A "Flexible Billing" module under the project controller series that allows for multiple billing formats ranging from fixed price schedule of values, T&M or Cost Plus, and scheduled billing.
- Flexible reporting with options using Crystal Reports, SSRS, a Quick Query tool, and ability to tie into MS Office tools such as MS Access and MS Excel
- Tight integration with Financials, but also the ability to integrate with modules such as Sales Order, Inventory, and Field Service
- Customization abilities ranging from a VBA (visual basic for application) foundation to allow customizing existing forms to the ability to use the SDK (Software Development Kit) to build more complex customizations that integrate with Dynamics SL.
- Incorporate some functionality provided by third party products into the core product.
- Since Dynamics SL has strong multi company capabilities, incorporate functions to secure projects within a company to certain groups.
- Improve the budgeting, forecasting, and change order interfaces so that the tools are more online.
- Improve the forecasting capabilities to include more robust and integrated tie in to the project EAC/ETC (Estimate at Completion/Estimate to Complete) numbers. This would allow project revenue/margin/cash forecasting.
- Expand on the subtask concept
- Improve the interface for multi level rate entry for pricing and cost allocations such that more security can be applied and reduce risk of inadvertent changes.
- Faster Closing Cycle
- Improved Reconciliation Tools
- Accurate and Timely Revenue Recognition
Dynamics SL provides built in complex project accounting flexibility with the benefit to accommodate additional complexity with customization tools to enhance the system capabilities and fill requirement gaps either as to process, reporting, or controls.