Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Visual Studio Code
VSCode makes it easier to write code. Whenever you make a syntax error or a typo it warns you immediately, which is really awesome! Also, it enables us to integrate debugger, lint, build, and publishing tools. It even comes with a huge set of plugins, which makes it superior! It supports almost every language, but if a language is not supported or if it's missing you can add it.
- It helps us write code without errors.
- It also helps us with building and testing code on the fly and deploying code locally.
- It's better than any other paid or free IDE/Text Editor.
- I didn't find any problem with using VSCode.
- Yes, there were some bug in the previous release, but now those are fixed.
- Its huge collection of plugins and supported languages.
- Integration with our code quality & coverage and static code scanning tools.
- Its built-in terminal, debugger, and code linting features.
- It has significantly reduced time spent in troubleshooting syntax errors and typos.
- We're saving cost of paid IDEs and Text Editors.
Do you think Microsoft Visual Studio Code delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Visual Studio Code's feature set?
Did Microsoft Visual Studio Code live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft Visual Studio Code go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Visual Studio Code again?
It's open-source and has a very big community. Plugins are available for almost every language/framework to lint, build, and test code. UI/UX looks premium. Last but not least, it's free! It is well suited to us and there is not any scenario where it is not appropriate. I would recommend everyone to use it.