Overall Satisfaction with MicroStrategy Analytics
MicroStrategy is currently being used throughout the organization to address various ad-hoc requests.
- Ad-hoc analysis
- Dashboarding and visualizations
- There's no clean tree/hierarchical display of attributes that allows me to see the entire tree on one screen. This also translates to a report with one column showing the indentation for nested categories.
- The interaction and user interface with dealing with a prompted report is less than desirable. Many users hate the interface and find it difficult to use.
- Not all features are available in web when designing dashboards. You often have to bounce back and forth from Desktop to Web in order to get to the option you're looking for.
MicroStrategy is deeply engrained in the daily reporting. They are also constantly updating and making the product better. There would have to be a viable alternative that has features so beneficial it would make the investment to switch worth it.
- No comment since MicroStrategy was already implemented prior to my employment.