April 09, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
MIP is being used by the Accounting department for General ledger entries, Budgeting, Payroll accounting and Accounts Payable. It is the organization's accounting system for all areas in the organization.
- MIP provides import capabilities for payroll and labor so that it doesn't have to be manually entered. This in turn provides reporting for yearly audits.
- MIP's General Ledger reporting function provides a way to pull specific information on accounts, which in turn makes it easier to review accounts for reconciliation and correction when needed.
- MIP provides Bank reconciliation, which makes the monthly reconciliation more efficient and effective in discovering discrepancies.
- It would be nice if MIP worked more like an Excel spreadsheet, where lines could be easily added to entries and the entries could be sorted on more than one heading.
- It would be nice if the MIP didn't keep you from accessing other programs (Excel, Word) when in the report module.