Great for Non-Profits!https://www.trustradius.com/accountingMIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)Unspecified86191012019-04-09T18:58:49.209Z
April 09, 2019
Great for Non-Profits!
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
We utilize MIP Fund accounting for all of our accounting needs. We are a program based company, so we track revenue and expenses per program and general funds. All of the accounting/finance department currently utilizes the entire program and we are starting to make limited access budgeting available to program managers. . Upper level management utilizes the financial statements. We use the budgets, encumbrances, expanded GL reports, and monthly financials to prepare monthly reports for each of the program managers. This packet enables them to track their progress on fund spending, expense tracking, and available funds after encumbrances. Extremely useful for them. As we are a non-profit functioning on grants and contracts, the ability to track by fund is extremely useful. We definitely utilize the budgets to track progress on each fund, and to compare incoming expenses to fund availability. This helps keep the funds on track and to keep them within their budget limits. Cannot overemphasize the benefits of the budget comparison availability and ease of tracking. We also use the payroll function, and web time sheets. While we really like the Accounting modules, the payroll is not our favorite. While it links well to the accounting module, the payroll system truly needs streamlined and simplified.
- Tracks budget amounts and availability very smoothly and the reports are easy to read and utilize.
- The encumbrance tracking is excellent and makes staying on budget much easier.
- The general ledgers are easy to access and read.
- Information by funding source is easy to track and access.
- Like the 1099 coding functions.
- Payroll module is too complex and requires too much duplication of information input. This is the most confusing system I have ever utilized. It needs to be streamlined and duplications removed. Some information has to be entered in 2-3 locations, much too time consuming and easy to overlook.
- The payroll tax reporting is very much outdated-have worked with much cheaper software that did a much better job of processing tax returns and W-2/W-3's.
- While we like the accounting, we would certainly like to switch the payroll system for something better.
- Drill-down ability on the GL would be nice.
- Like the ability to closely monitor how we are performing to budget-excellent!
- Better tracking and reporting ability than our previous accounting system.
Utilized Oracle in a manufacturing instance, and it was great! The expense would not have been practical for a company of this size. It was much more user friendly and streamlined. MIP Fund Accounting is a major improvement over the QuickBooks programs.
Well-suited for basic accounting, I would give it an 8. Drill-down would be nice on the general ledger to be able to look at the original entry. Maintaining the year codes and distribution codes is much too involved-this needs to be streamlined. Would be nice to be able to update information on encumbrances and purchase orders prior payment. The accounts receivable module is a bit of a nightmare-we don't use the invoicing function as it is too involved for our company. While the Accounting function deserves and 8, I would only give the payroll function about a 4.5-sorry.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP) Support
The call in support is terrific-they are friendly, know the product and aren't afraid to escalate if it is beyond their knowledge scope. They respond quickly. The online information is often confusing and doesn't answer the question.
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response