Miva Merchant, a solid and affordable platform for e-commercehttps://www.trustradius.com/ecommerceMiva MerchantUnspecified7.8201012014-04-04T19:11:41.406Z
Updated February 04, 2015
Miva Merchant, a solid and affordable platform for e-commerce
Score 10 out of 101
- Emporium Plus Tool Kit, Federal Express Custom Integration, many others
Overall Satisfaction with Miva Merchant
We are an independent Miva Merchant support organization that helps clients leverage the power of the Miva Merchant e-commerce platform. Our own Web site uses the Miva Merchant system as it's shopping cart system so we are drinking our own kool-aide as well. Ten years in this community we have seen Miva Corporation and the Merchant product and selection of features and service grow substantially. Most of our clients are looking for full featured e-commerce systems that are more open than something like IBM WebSphere Commerce Server and at a greatly redued cost. Miva Corporation's Merchant application fits our clients functional requirements at a very affordable price point.
- The ability to quickly change the look and feel of any given page in the store. The storefront, category, product description, and all checkout pages are easily customize-able using simple HTML language.
- With minimal effort, more sophisticated changes and behaviors of the store can be modified using MivaScript, the language Miva Merchant is built upon.
- New features are very easy to add using a huge selection of 3rd party feature modules that typically sell for less that $100. Miva has so many features already built in, but if there is a major common feature not already in the code, it's almost a sure bet that there is a affordable and easy to install module that will meet your e-commerce business requirements.
- Miva corporation provides a high level of free support 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.
- The system could really use a better order reporting and management system
- Robust shipping functionality for UPS, USPS, and Federal Express should be included in the system if possible.
- Softgood/secured content delivery would be a welcome added feature.
- With Miva Merchant we can go live and to market in hours Vs weeks like some more expensive and complex platforms (such as IBM WebSphere Commerce)
- Miva Corporation combines their Merchant product with quality business class hosting and around the clock support for a one-stop solution for online retailers. We like that a lot and so do our clients.
OS Commerce, PHP Cart, and many other open code systems. We find the native feature set ample and the developer community quite active and easy to identify. Some platforms can be difficult to find good qualified consultants/coders that can make good quality, well performing, stable modifications.