Room for Improvement
Updated September 18, 2017
Room for Improvement
Score 7 out of 10
- Test & Segment
- Intelligent Personalization Engine
- Product Recommendations
- Product Badging
Overall Satisfaction with Monetate
It is being used in the e-commerce department for the customer experience team. It addresses customer experience issues within our direct to consumer website.
- Client services - quick to respond to issues
- Forward looking initiatives - early access program allows clients to test out new services
- Training documentation - educational webinars available about how to use
- Need dev support - web development expertise is required in order to set up tests actions.
- QA process - they seem to test on simulators which causes issues with mobile actions and experiences. We often have to send work for further QA.
- Client-focused - focus is on monetate, not on client. Pushes programs that might not make sense for a client in order to further new products.
Monetate takes testing very seriously and upholds testing best practices. Client services are quick to step in if a test is not set up to their standards. Any actions or experiences they personally set up are validated by their team.
We have not used full segmentation yet. However for targeting desktop vs mobile, we have had success with this type of device targeting.
We have run a few tests using IFE. The reporting aspect makes IFE difficult to explain to the business the benefit of the experience. There is not a clear way to show learnings or ROI in a tangible way. The Majority Fit experiences we've run seemed to have deemed a winner early on and the test was later run as a split test that showed a different winner. This made us not put too much faith in the majority fit experiences.
Reporting is fairly comprehensive for regular experiences. However with IFE there is room for improvement. IFE leaves vague reporting and does not supply many learnings.
The integration relies on the CRM admin to set up with Monetate playing a supporting role if needed.
Monetate is well suited for a larger testing and optimization team that has internal web development support. For lean teams without much expertise, it might not be the best option. It takes 2-4 weeks for Monetate to set up actions, so it is not the best vendor for agile groups working at a fast pace.