Overall Satisfaction with MS SharePoint / SQL
MS SharePoint / SQL is used across the whole organization as a portal for resellers and sales people for Managed Print Services. It solves the problem of internalization and localization, providing a consistent user interface and the ability to create dealer/reseller sites without software development.
- Authentication and authorization is built-in and can be administered by non-IT folks.
- User interface is built-in and can be administered by non-IT folks.
- Internationalization is built-in
- Querying large lists
- Sharepoint is not a relational database management system(DBMS), but it should be. Querying SharePoint data should be not different than querying SQL server.
- Business connectivity services (BCS) is not intuitive and difficult to implement.