Overall Satisfaction with MS SharePoint / SQL
SharePoint is used across the entire organization corporate wide. Although, I work for the Data Center specifically, SharePoint is used corporately. SharePoint addresses the problem of data sharing. Since there are so many different business units within the company, SharePoint is the best tool to use for data sharing with ease.
- The file sharing is definitely a plus - to be able to share amongst the entire organization saves time and money.
- Ease of use is another plus - even a beginner can easily learn how to use the tool.
- File management is another great benefit for using MS SharePoint.
- Limitations with integration of some Microsoft products is an area of improvement.
- Response time can also be an area of improvement.
- Portability is a limitiation as well and has room of improvement.
Actually, this tool used is the standard for file sharing within the entire company. Management obvious has invested in this product since it's corporate wide. All employee files and company files are stored on SharePoint. It's the easiest method to use when large about of data needs to be stored and maintained. The ability have a one centralized point of reference is a big plus.
SharePoint is great when you need to share information between a large number of people within an organization.
SharePoint is great when there are many, many files to be managed. It's great when you need to get quick notifications out to the public. SharePoint is a centralized area for storage of large data.