Mule - a great ESB for the Enterprisehttps://www.trustradius.com/enterprise-service-busMule ESBUnspecified8.4271012018-08-21T22:21:00.519Z
August 21, 2018
Mule - a great ESB for the Enterprise
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Mule ESB
Mule ESB will be the integration platform for our company. Right now, many of our services are created manually, and we are leveraging Mule to insure consistency and expedite service development. As part of this program, our plan is to service enable all parts of our business logic, and make them transparent. This will allow consumers to build UIs as needed in order to support Line of Business workflows.
- Connectors allow for easy integration
- Design of services allows for reuse
- Great support community available
- Services may be deployed to the Cloud
- Make sure to not over-engineer shared components. It can complicate development
- Create a roadmap for where you are going - if not, you may miss components
- I suggest getting support, otherwise it could be a difficult learning curve
- Created a means to have a synergy with developers - quickly made us productive
- Ease of integration with Mule connectors - quicker releases
- Initial configuration was a challenge. Would have been more challenging without Mule Support
It is a great product, just very expensive and did not have the connectors. For larger companies it works well and is very reliable, but it requires special skills and support staff to manage the performance and scaling attributes. Both tools can do the job, it just depends on the funding and the talent pool available.
Mule works well in a large enterprise. Smaller companies may want to look at the Open Source version which lowers the investment. Mule handles complicated and straight forward transactions well. Mule Support can assist with foundational components and design paradigms, making it easier for developers to be on-boarded to build out the services required by the Business Unit.