Get the most from online collaboration
Faye Sadler-Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
Updated August 30, 2020

Get the most from online collaboration

Overall Satisfaction with MURAL (formerly Mural.ly)

Many of my colleagues and I use Mural when working with clients remotely; we have been using it for several years. It's a fantastic way of working with geographically dispersed teams and has been particularly helpful in supporting collaboration during the Covid 19 pandemic. It is used to run remote workshops and meetings where our clients are open to using the tool.
  • It allows you to build from independent work to group exercises and discussions and using brainstorming and the voting tool to drive decision making and action.
  • It has functionality that allows you to bring your audience to different areas of the whiteboard using the 'summon everyone' function, and move between delivering material with 'presentation mode' and interactive exercises where students contribute ideas or suggestions.
  • It offers an interactive and engaging platform for collaboration and costs can be kept low because people can join sessions as visitors.
  • The only thing that used to bug me about Mural was the fact that you couldn’t identify participants who joined as visitors (one time collaborators appear as anonymous animals). I noticed recently that visitors can now add their name which is really useful. I expect this change came from Mural user feedback, they do seem to develop the features over time.
  • Sometimes participants can't see images that you add to the whiteboard. There's a way around it but it's a little frustrating and I'm not sure why it happens.
  • Mural supports my company to support our clients who are geographically dispersed. It has been key to delivering some client projects.
Chat support tends to get back to you within a few hours and are always helpful.

Do you think MURAL (formerly Mural.ly) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with MURAL (formerly Mural.ly)'s feature set?

Did MURAL (formerly Mural.ly) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of MURAL (formerly Mural.ly) go as expected?

Would you buy MURAL (formerly Mural.ly) again?

It's great when you need to drive real decision making and action; the voting tool is particularly useful in this regard. It's a great tool to use when you want to hear all voices, and not just from the loudest individuals. I've used Mural extensively over the last two years, and I've developed an online course in how to use the tool. I've run hundreds of participative workshops with it too, it's my 'go to' for running engaging remote workshops.

MURAL (formerly Mural.ly) Feature Ratings