Overall Satisfaction with NetBase
NetBase is our agency's primary social listening tool, used to measure brands, campaigns, competitors, and trends. It helps direct us on the current social landscape and where we need to be through its advanced capacities across social media (including blogs and forums) and with its ability to look back over more than two years of conversation.
- Listening capacities: many sources over a long time period
- Dashboards and in-tool systems that easily pull the social views we need
- The tool's assistance in defining search parameters, making it easier to keep unwanted and unrelated conversation out of a subject
- NetBase could still do more work of its own in defining categories: it's an excellent tool for establishing searches, but it is still something of a (well-directed) black box in this way
- Social benchmarks
- Ability to prove the social impact of a campaign.
- Helps fuel our content development tools, directing us to the most vital social subjects.
- Allows us to explain to our clients the conversation around their brands, and what they can do to change it.
Unfamiliar with comparable tools in the space; social TV programs, which we do use and which have their utility, don't really qualify as competitors, since NetBase can't do what they do and they can't do what NetBase does.
To use NetBase, you need to have an idea what you will do with it from the start. Have a thorough conversation with the NetBase team, make sure you have staff that will maintain your search terms and be committed to keeping up with the tool, and don't, at this point, expect NetBase to do your thinking for you. If none of that is scary to you, NetBase will be for you.