NetLab+! Love it. :-)
February 04, 2019
NetLab+! Love it. :-)
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with NETLAB+
I am currently in my last quarter as a Bachelor student for IT, Networking and Securities. Since entering into the program in Jan 2017, we have used NETLAB+ for almost every class I have taken. We have a simulated environment to complete penetration testing, network setup, and configuration, etc. All of the I.T. branches (Securities, Programming, Software Development, and Computer Sciences) use NETLAB.
- I really like the way that the lab documents are set up. Sometimes there is overkill on the explanation, but I have come to appreciate the repetition, because with the long term use and repetitions, I have gotten very comfortable in a virtual environment.
- The topology set up is usually very easy to follow, and very clear as far as what is where and how to find what I need to find. There are a few things that typically have to be adjusted to fit our class need or learning objective, but NETLAB is very adaptable in that sense.
- I like software/programs that can be accessed from the internet rather than an app or installation on one certain machine. This makes it very accessible, at any time of the day or night. If it were an actual live server access portal, this helps increase the security of the company, by having access lists, etc set up. NETLAB has all these capabilities as well, and accessibility is important to my industry
- The inability to save progress! :-) As we go through the labs, time can be a very stressful aspect if I don't allow for enough in the beginning or underestimated the time it would take to complete.
- I don't have any decision making authority, or implementation, I am the regular user. So beside the positive impact to my learning, I am not sure. But as for the learning objectives, NetLab has such a huge library of labs, and extra learning that we can take advantage of.
I was not part of the decision & implementation process. But NETLAB as far as our other programs is at the top, because it is very easy to use, and I have very few reliability issues. I don't have crashing machines, and the detailed labs make it easy to follow.
For the classes throughout my degree program, this has been one of the most helpful tools that are available to us. The detailed explanations along with the screenshots of the tasks I am working on, have given me a comfortable learning environment where I am confident in a "real" network setting, the processes will come at ease.