February 26, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Netsuite SuiteCommerce
- NetSuite is very user friendly and easy for new employees to quickly get up to speed.
- Access on the cloud allows for a faster user interface at remote locations. It also makes for easier access for employees on the road or working from home.
- Reports are easy to run and export to Excel cleanly and easily.
- It is easy to attach electronic supporting documents in NetSuite, e.g. journal entry support to journal entries, customer PO's to sales orders, vendor invoices to AP vouchers.
- NetSuite provides a lot of control. Users can be granted more than one role, with each role clearly defining the permissions to view/create/edit records, transactions, reports, etc. The combinations are seemingly endless.
- NetSuite is easily customizable. You can add fields and record types to your customers/employees/vendors. This makes it very easy to be able to track data that is specific to your company. Reporting is also supremely customizable which makes getting the answers from your data very easy.
- The ability to customize searches and reports is very simple. All our employees use saved searches and reports to drive workflow and monitor daily tasks.
- Customizing the invoices and purchase orders is very frustrating and not at all intuitive.
- One set of books for multiple currencies can be made more simple.
- Needs to expand accessibility to external input.
- The adding of features/modules opens the possibility as your company grows. Am I going international? What about advanced inventory? How about taxes? Case management? With the suite partners it is going outside of NetSuite since it is not their expertise. When we added Suitepartners it has gone smoothly..not perfect, but smoothly.
NetSuite is great for project based companies that need to manage time and expenses, but if you are a job shop that needs to manage inventory associated with jobs, it is probably not the best fit. However that gap can be bridged with some customizations, just make sure you know what they are.