A System Administrator's Dream
August 04, 2018
A System Administrator's Dream
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Netwrix Auditor
Since we are a small organization, my supervisor and I are responsible for all information technology needs. We both use Netwrix Auditor to monitor any suspicious activity and get reports on failed logins, expiring passwords, and Windows file server activity. This gives us great peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong or someone gains unauthorized access to our systems, we'll be able to respond immediately.
- Netwrix Auditor sends out warnings to users when their passwords are close to expiring. This saves us some headache, because if they have any problems with changing their password, we can help them before they get locked out.
- The notifications for multiple failed logons is a lifesaver. Very useful for spotting suspicious activity!
- I love the way that you can create your own custom notifications and reports through the "Search" function. You can pick the "What", "Where", and "When" for the event you want to monitor and set up email email reports for them.
- There is a bit of a learning curve. The interface is fairly intuitive, but I think there is room for improvement.
- There is a LOT of functionality which can be quite overwhelming at first, but in and of itself, not a bad thing.
- I think this software would benefit from a "Simple" mode and "Advanced" mode. This would ease the learning curve a bit.
- One of the biggest (if not the biggest) objectives of any IT department is to keep our users' data secure. This software, together with a firewall, end-point protection, and encouraging security best practices, helps us achieve that objective.
- Our IT department is small for the number of users and clients we support. Netwrix Auditor helps us streamline day to day tasks with its reports showing us day to day administrative information for our servers. This saves us time and allows us to focus on fulfilling our other duties.
- SolarWinds Log & Event Manager and SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager
We evaluated SolarWinds Log & Event Manager as well as SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager. In the end, it came down to the features and ease of use. While Netwrix Auditor has some slight shortcomings when it comes to intuitiveness, we found it better in that regard than SolarWinds' solutions. My supervisor and I were both certain that Netwrix Auditor was superior. We also had a better experience with customer support in general. They are always very friendly and knowledgeable. Any time we have something we want this software to do that we can't figure out, Netwrix customer support is there and will patiently work with you to achieve your auditing goals.
I think this software has something for any organization small or large. I think the best scenario to use this software would be if you wanted to keep an eye on suspicious activity. This software gives users the peace of mind that if someone were to gain access (assuming the software is configured correctly) to their systems, that they would be notified.