We use several "cloud apps" to support our sales and marketing teams (the most mobile and collaborative part of the company right now). Okta protects the integrity of the logon / authentication data AND it makes them more productive too by allowing 'single sign on' to their apps in the cloud. leveraging their AD logon.
- Makes passwords "disappear" while making them STRONGER
- Lets IT leverage STRONG AD passwords without setting up AD/FS or other complex stuff
- Lets our associates add their OWN accounts to the system
- Connects to our AD / other tools to make provisioning company apps / accounts easier
- Looking for ways to improve provisioning of roles (more automation - looking to link with ServiceNow)
- Strong password protection AND Increased ease of use
- Security partnering with sales/marketing business to make them more productive AND secure at the same time
- Greater confidence in the overal security of our accounts AND our corporate data as we leverage the Cloud (Box, Concur, etc.)
This is a relatively new decision on our part - less than 6 months - but we are very happy as we move out of a pilot and start to scale up our roll out.
If you have a well protected AD and strong user account passwords - Then Okta plugs into that strength and leverages it very well. Okta helps you avoid deploying Microsoft AD Federation Services or some other complex, hard to maintain way to protect authentications. The UI and web interface is very simple to use and very easy for our asscoiates to use. It works BEST with cloud / web apps that support SAML - Box, Concur and some others work very well for us.