Overall Satisfaction with ON24
When I used ON24 at my previous company, it was used by the Marketing department to deliver live and recorded webinars. It addressed a problem we had with other providers where surveys were clumsy and mouse cursors could be seen, which we didn't want when trying to present a polished, informational webinar. We also liked that we could have someone from ON24 on the line with us in case something happened and we needed tech support (ie: fixing the speaker's phone volume, etc).
- Branding - you could easily customize the interface to not only match your brand, but also your goals for that particular webinar. Some webinars required the ability to download multiple assets, which you could then provide. Or you could link to related websites or pages that had more information and a strong CTA to help increase conversions.
- Support - the support offered wasn't even necessary, but it was nice to know it was there. When all eyes are on you to manage a smoothly-run webinar, it helps decrease heart palpitations to know someone at ON24 would be available by phone if something went wrong (which it never did).
- User Interface - the interface was easy to use and allowed some flexibility with your PowerPoint presentations. An issue we'd run into was that our presentations were a bit lackluster because other providers were limited on how they could be displayed.
- Sometimes it took awhile for slides to update after you had uploaded them. I know it's recommended to update your slides 24 hours before the presentation, but in the world of fast-paced marketing where all hands are on deck, things do change last-minute, so it was an extra layer of stress.
- The price was a bit high.
- A more engaged mailing list
- An easier, more effective way to communicate news that needs to spread quickly
- More insight into attendee behavior
- Better automation options and reporting thanks to its integration with Marketo
We selected ON24 because we liked the interface, its ease of use, and the automation provided due to its integration with Marketo.
I'm no longer with the company useing ON24 and it's not in my current company's budget at the moment to invest in higher end webinar software.
I think a key question is "Will the functionality crash my presentation during a live event?" We had that problem using GoToWebinar; if we launched a survey using the same computer as the presentation, the presentation would minimize. Anyone attending the event live would then see the person's desktop, personal files, etc, while they watched him or her scramble to bring up the presentation and find the slide they were on. If you launch multiple surveys during an event, this could happen many times and just look bad.