Reviews (1-25 of 233)
2018 Edit: On24 has continued to impress us and is still one of the best webinar platforms we use. They are a serious thought leader in the webinar industry and continually come out with new and innovative product improvements. They listen to the feedback from their user base and have made changes I've suggested on multiple occasions. Their entire company culture seems to be about creating the best webinar experience and you can tell this from what they produce and whenever you talk to someone there. This is seriously a great platform and worth the time to investigate if you are looking for a webinar vendor.
We are currently using On24 across our whole organization to promote upcoming live events, present timely content with our partners, and to promote major reports we run in our magazines.
Some of our audience really prefers to consume content in a way other than reading print on the web and in magazines and we've been trying to branch out into something more interactive. With On24 we've found a simple and convenient way to provide the large amount of content we produce to our users in another easily digestible format. Most notable, we publish large reports which can be filled with charts and figures covering 20+ pages and it is a lot to take in, but with the webinar format we can separate all of the data out by individual slides and then have our editorial teams talk about each data point individually which not only simplifies the users' experience but also opens another channel of communication with our audience.
Giving our audience the ability to ask questions about the content we are publishing in a live format and to respond to their questions really helps us to gain valuable feedback about what is the best way to present this data in the future and get more feedback and what they are looking to learn more about in real-time.
- On24 has an impressive screen sharing plugin that was one of the easiest to use based on feedback from a number of our partners. You simply click on screen share in their web interface, download the plugin, run it, and click screen share again and you are sharing your screen. You can re-size the screen share with a simple frame on your screen and broadcasting is as easy as clicking play and clicking stop when you are done.
- On24 has a very streamlined self-service process for creating webinars. It took me about an hour and a half to set up my first webinar and create a webinar template and now that we have refined that template and I've worked with the tool I can create the initial registration page in under 30 minutes and at times much faster if the webinar is similar to one we've done before.
- On24 has amazing support. Their online chat and support ticket system are always available and someone normally responds within minutes. They also have an emergency line that I have had to use two times and each time a person that was empowered to act and solve my problems answered and got everything figured out within minutes.
- On24 has been extremely reliable for us. We've done over 150 webinars and have not had any issues. With attendees, we rarely see more than 1% of users having any issues and most of the time it is something on their end (volume muted, headphones turned down or not plugged in, or just needing a browser refresh) and not with On24.
- I really don't have any areas that need improvement in regards to the On24 platform. Every time I find myself running into something that seems a bit complicated I can usually report the issue or by the time I've gotten annoyed with it they are issuing a update or change that fixes the problem. Really, they are constantly updating and improving their system and are a very innovative company.
- I think the one suggestion I made was making their registration forms more customizable, but this is extremely minor. You can change colors, adjust location of registration forms and text, change fonts/text size/text color, upload images, upload videos, and nearly anything to the registration pages, I just asked for a more graphic UI that would be more modular. Right now, however, I'm extremely happy with the level of customization.
We've noticed we have a lot more mobile users across all of our sites and the mobile version of the On24 platform for users is great. It loads quickly and is easy to interact with on my phone. If you have a lot of people that you work with who prefer to consume content on their mobile devices, On24 works extremely well and I normally recommend that users bring it up on their mobile if they don't have headphones or speakers to listen on their PC.
- Reporting needs are met. We understand who has registered, attended and qualified for the credits.
- Helps cater to a large audience of over 10 thousand. Seamless management of profiles and data
- Data flow becomes an issue sometimes if the number/quantity is very large. XML feed is required during such times.
- There are few records that do not get captured, but customer support helps in such cases.
- ON24 is a very organized platform. You can find old events really fast but using keywords or tracking them down by date. Simple!
- ON24 customer service is very good. Whenever I've put in a ticket to them they've responded to me very quickly. Even if it is a quick answer saying "we received your issue, we are looking into fixing it". At least you know your issue is being taken care of.
- Cloning or making a new webcast is super simple to do. This makes it easier for earnings, webcasts, etc. Because the client usually wants the same elements and same layout for those events.
- I believe ON24 can improve on uploading assets. When I'm uploading a slide it shows me a percentage but not a time. It goes from 20% to 60% to 80% then done. It leaves you in the dark of how long an upload could take.
- Sometimes when you upload a slide with animations ON24 doesn't take it in very well and it converts things on the powerpoint to allow it to upload. This isn't ideal as people make Powerpoints to show exactly what they made.
- When you are archiving an event it is really hard to scrub through the player. It's not super accurate and takes a while to reach a specific point in the timeline.
- ON24 is a highly accessible platform that allows us to reach webcast participants that are differently abled.
- ON24's client support is very thorough and efficient at helping you bring out the best in your webcast
- ON24 has made significant improvements/upgrades to their platform and do a great job of keeping me abreast of those changes.
- I'd like for ON24 to continue to improve data reporting capabilities. Particularly annual reports of webcast attendance/engagement for all events in an account's entire history.
- I'd like to see more updates be made to ON24's On-Demand capabilities. The On-Demand platform is very different from the live platform. Making those more similar and intuitive could be helpful.
- I've had to deal with significant issues on the backend of the site. I've had issues where multiple participants were listed under the same name. I've had issues with certificates generating improperly as well, and ON24 support didn't really have an answer for me on why it was doing that.
ON24 is also great for presentations where audience members need to have the resources connected to the presentation on hand during the presentation. The widgets really help the webcasts come to life and I'm excited to see what upgrades ON24 has in store concerning new widget capabilities.
- Tracks the credits of people taking the training courses.
- The customizable interface provides lots of options.
- The producers at The Streaming Network, the Canadian arm of ON24, are fantastic to deal with.
- video size is really really small. I know it's all related to bandwidth, but slightly bigger would be great.
- the technical support folks, those in the chat section, sometimes seem to struggle with English. Communication is sometimes a challenge. They are friendly and work hard, but the chat experience is often frustrating.
- It is a really high-end interactive tool.
- The webinars feel more engaged than any other webinar tool.
- They have a seamless integration with Marketo.
- Difficult to set up.
- More expensive than others.
- I would like to see more analytical data than now in future.
- Video hosting is not possible.
1. It is not easy to use, you need an expert for training.
2. Most of the features are not for every industry or not useful at all.
3. Sometimes because of many new products it feels confusing and takes a lot of effort to understand.
Now to better things:
1. If you want your webinars not to be boring, use this.
2. You can connect it Marketo, SFDC, HubSpot, etc, etc.
3. It helps not only the audience but also the speaker to be interactive.
One of our favorite features of ON24 is the Engagement Hub, where our previously ran webinars are stored on an "on-demand" webinar page, similar to a Netflix style where future users can visit and watch our webinars at their leisure. All of our programs come with excellent analytical tracking and synchronize to our Salesforce CRM for sales follow up.
- The Simulive webinar format is a game changer for our company. The majority of our KOLs have very hectic work schedules with seeing patients and Simu-live allows us to pre-record webinars at any time convenient for our speakers and then broadcast the recording at a later date as if it were a live presentation.
- The engagement hub allows our previously recorded webinars to retain their initial value and makes it easy for both future and returning webinar subscribers to watch all of our content in one central location.
- All of our webinar registrants are synced in our Salesforce CRM in unique campaigns for easy tracking and ROI reporting.
- I still think the console builder could use some fine-tuning. I've run into very slow load times when trying to work on those elements.
- Would be nice to have more options in the automated email editor. Has only the bare bones available.
- I'm having a hard time thinking of things I don't like because On24 is leaps and bounds better than GoToWebinar.
- Once you learn the system, really easy to re-create reoccurring webinars
- The Marketo and ON24 partnership is a MUST for email drips, love it!
- Analytics are super beneficial to implementing and updating monthly webinars
- The set up of a Webinar takes time
- System takes a minute to learn
- The presentation upload often times errors out on really big files
- If you are a company who regularly hosts webinars for EXTERNAL clients, this is the software for you.
- If you host webinars to pull qualified leads info, this is the software for you.
- If your company predominantly works with clients digitally (not in office/person), this software is for you.
Not Well Suited
- If your company does a lot of outside sales, I would not recommend this software.
- If the majority of your prospects are not digitally inclined, this software may not be for you.
- Easy set-up. Once we created our first webinar, we were quickly able to just copy it for subsequent webinars and keep all of the same registration features, widgets, etc.
- The Q&A feature (and the ability to prioritize questions) is well structured so that the person producing the webinar can quickly filter the most pressing questions to the top for easy access for the presenters.
- Good data output at the end. It is easy for us to pull reports on attendance, particularly how long people stayed on the webinar, which we need to do after each webinar.
- We have a need for breakout rooms for our training. I understand this may be possible with an add-on, but it would be great if it was included in the standard elite package. We also host online courses, and webinars where we need attendees to converse and work with other attendees. We currently do those through Zoom or via Google docs, but it would be great if it was centralized within ON24
- We'd like to be able to organize items in the resource widget better. We sometimes upload many resources, and it's difficult for attendees to find what they're looking for quickly.
- Our most important need is to be able to send follow-up emails (and certificates) on our schedule--not simply upon completion. The goal of our webinars is for people to take what they learn and apply it in their classrooms and share what they learn with others. They need time to do that, so we want to survey them 2 weeks after they've taken the webinar to see if they've done it, and then give them the certificate.
- We'd like more opportunities to email people on a schedule of our choosing - not just pre and post. It would be great if we could automate follow-up emails so that they always went out 3 months, 1 year, etc. after the webinar.
- They are always listening to the end users' feedback on how to improve their platform. I love that they roll new features or enhancements out quarterly.
- Very interactive audience console that keeps their attention longer than just watching slides move on a screen.
- Their main webinar console view is a little cumbersome. They list all webinars in a scrolling list and it's hard to sort which have been completed vs. those that are coming up. They are making enhancements to this and it will be better soon.
- Their reporting options could be more robust. No option to aggregate multiple events together. Can only report out on single sessions.
- Very stable webinar platform, little issue with technical problems during live webinar events.
- Simulive meetings are a huge time saver.
- Intuitive back end presentation manager.
- Better engagement analytics options.
- Integrated dial-in phone option for attendees.
- Fantastic training resources on how to use the tool
- Great customer service
- Easy to use console
- Would like a customizable acknowledgment/landing page once a survey is submitted. Example: offer customer collateral once they submit the survey.
- We have had a couple pre-recorded webinars not launch in the last couple of weeks. ON24 should have a feature that allows us to manually intervene and push recorded webinar to an audience.
- Unlimited reports only access per account.
- I like that the program is easy to use
- Building the consoles are seamless.
- The polling feature is a great engagement tool.
- I like the analytics reports.
- It would be great if the polling results could be displayed differently, more than just straight bars.
- The support is hard to deal with. Using the chat feature and not having an option for a live phone conversation is frustrating.
- When you need live technical support it is almost impossible.
- It is very user-friendly. I frequently have to train clients on how to use the system and it is very straightforward.
- Their online support/knowledge center is very helpful.
- They are always adding/updating things which is great as technology becomes more advanced.
- It is very easily customizable.
- It would be nice if you were able to edit vanity URLs within a few minutes of creating them in case something is spelled or typed incorrectly, or changed under the wrong event.
- I would like if you were able see the connection info before logging into the presentation manager.
- The stability of the platform is fantastic! This makes sure our webinars run smoothly and with a stable connection.
- The support that ON24 provides is exceptional! We often need Spanish speaking agents to help with our Latin American webinars and they are always able to provide one.
- The widgets are great! Particularly the survey one, it helps us gain valuable insight about our webinars and how we can make them better.
- The Q&A section on the producers end could use a little more refinement.
- An automatically refreshing live attendee list.
- The UI of the platform could be updated.
- ON24 is easy to use.
- We're teaching users how to use all offerings with the training and cheat sheets available.
- Good response rate from reps.
- An intuitive platform.
- Not being able to switch from Simulive to Live: having to create a new webcast messes up registration if a partner decides to do a pre-record.
- The delay between the Producer platform vs. Live: often we don't see the glitch on the audience side, but the producer side will not move sometimes.
- Archiving faster.
- It's very easy to update templates for registration pages and customizing other elements of the webinar platform. I've trained many team members on the software, and they are able to learn it very quickly.
- It's easy to use analytics and downloadable reports for webinar metrics.
- ON24 had a great addition of the CTA widget to give attendees a next step following the webinar.
- When presenters want to connect audio through their computer (instead of calling in), I would like this to be a little easier and more seamless than it is now.
- I would like the reports to also show when On-Demand attendees actually viewed the recording vs when they registered.
- Have the pie chart showing registration sources include more than 4-5 colors, so it is clear which piece of the pie belongs to which source.
- Access for presenters has improved.
- Overall, the interface works well.
- Analytics are robust.
- Record function is very limiting. It needs to be more like a recorder, where you can pause, stop at a specific spot and re-record from there.
- It's all or nothing if you want to upload an audio file. I would like to upload an audio file and assign it to a specific slide. Can't do that now.
- When a presenter hits the stop record button, if they do it too quickly, after speaking, there is a potential the last word, or part of the word will be cut off.
It would be nice to have a folder system. Right now, it's just a continuous row of webcasts. We have 4 brands, and it would be nice to be able to have folders to segregate them. Also somewhere to add a title (by brand or advertiser) that is not viewable by anyone but us.
- It's easy to set up and implement.
- High quality outputs.
- Many of our presenters are from outside the company. ON24's interface makes it easy for even first time users.
- Most of our programs are simu-live or on-demand, removing the stress of launching a program. See the experience with Webex.
- The SalesForce.com interface is extremely unreliable. We have 9 support incidents with Scribe. Their support is very poor.
- We have no other recommendations for improvement.
- We never have technical troubles with ON24.
- Its user face is easy to use.
- The console offers everything we need it to offer.
- It is not easy for our members to access the speaker information. I think it should be more prominently displayed on the screen, who is speaking and their bio information.
- We have run the polling feature on a couple of programs and have had technical trouble when we ran it. Also, the polling is quite limited. It would be an interesting feature for interactive webcasts if the polling could offer more than yes/no questions.
- Video conference would be a nice feature to try.
- Strong user experience
- Detailed reporting to better evaluate event ROI
- Fantastic knowledge center and customer support
- Having VOIP instead of just phone dial in for presenters.
- More clear time zones for global events.
- Customer Support: No matter what option you choose (chat, submit a question to Technical Support, or contacting your rep) you receive an answer right away.
- Allowing customization of your console.
- The number of ways to engage with your audience: polls, surveys, call-to-action button, sharing with multiple tools, social media options.
- Training videos & documents: a Hub to go to for answers before contacting Technical Support.
- When creating a certificate, ability to change the font text and sizing for name and date.
- Full reporting on the registration source (not just per webinar).
- Flawless integration of audio and slides.
- User-friendly way to participate in webinars.
- Automated email reminders.
- Recording webinars for on-demand use.
- Add a whiteboard feature so the presenter can draw a diagram to explain the difficult concepts during the webinar.
- Ability to use the cursor during the webinar so the presenter can point to the items in the slide to bring the participants attention.
- A feature which would allow you to upload some special effects in PowerPoint slides.
- ON24 is a bit more expensive than other products out there - price reduction ideal.
NOT suited for any online training classes. No features are available for pre and post testing or for providing any breakaway session during the class.
Our Education Team uses ON24 globally to inform and train end users to our products and services. We are providing information sessions as well as functional trainings, making use of presentations, videos and screen sharing capabilities of the tool.
ON24 is also used by our Marketing team globally to provide informative and interactive sessions.
- Integrated experience for the audience, with image and sound all from computer and with options to interact.
- The Simu-Live capability of ON24 is allowing us to play pre-recorded sessions then move seamlessly to a live Q&A. This capability is saving us a lot of time and allows our activities to be scalable.
- The reporting is very complete an allows us to draw global conclusions.
- It seems to be using a lot of bandwidth for some of our users, resulting in a poor experience.
- Generally, there is a feel that ON24 was more designed for Marketing and Lead Generation. We would like to see it developing into more of a training and educational tool.
ON24 is well suited for hosting events with a large audience, in which the number of hosts is limited and the interaction with the audience not required per se. It is less appropriate in settings where you would expect more of a meeting, with interaction from all sides.
In other words, it is an event tool rather than a meeting tool.
- We use it as our platform for webinars.
- We use webinars as a lead generation asset.
- Reports from the dashboard are good.
- Video of the speaker embedded.
- When each speaker talks it pops up their name, it’s distracting ting and annoying.
- When running a Simulive webinar it can keep running as an attendee, but as a Q&A logged in person the slides just stop and won’t progress.
ON24 Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
ON24 believes that great webinars are the foundation of successful digital marketing.
According to the vendor, ON24 helps businesses offer engaging webinars that drive business results.
They describe its key capabilities as including:
- Ability to deliver an immersive, interactive, video-rich experience which collects and transmits a wide range of audience interaction measurements.
- Ability to integrate with leading CRM and marketing automation platforms, providing a rich data set of prospect signals to drive sales and marketing follow up.
- Ease of use
- An interactive and engaging on-demand experience
- Seamless on-demand, chapterization, editing tools, and content hosting
The vendor states more than 1,200 global organizations, including SAP,
LinkedIn, Microsoft, Merck, EY, HubSpot, athenahealth, Macquarie, RSM, Marriott
and AdRoll rely on ON24.
ON24 Videos (3)
ON24 Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ON24 Technical Details