Reviews (1-25 of 217)
One of our favorite features of ON24 is the Engagement Hub, where our previously ran webinars are stored on an "on-demand" webinar page, similar to a Netflix style where future users can visit and watch our webinars at their leisure. All of our programs come with excellent analytical tracking and synchronize to our Salesforce CRM for sales follow up.
- The Simulive webinar format is a game changer for our company. The majority of our KOLs have very hectic work schedules with seeing patients and Simu-live allows us to pre-record webinars at any time convenient for our speakers and then broadcast the recording at a later date as if it were a live presentation.
- The engagement hub allows our previously recorded webinars to retain their initial value and makes it easy for both future and returning webinar subscribers to watch all of our content in one central location.
- All of our webinar registrants are synced in our Salesforce CRM in unique campaigns for easy tracking and ROI reporting.
- I still think the console builder could use some fine-tuning. I've run into very slow load times when trying to work on those elements.
- Would be nice to have more options in the automated email editor. Has only the bare bones available.
- I'm having a hard time thinking of things I don't like because On24 is leaps and bounds better than GoToWebinar.
- Once you learn the system, really easy to re-create reoccurring webinars
- The Marketo and ON24 partnership is a MUST for email drips, love it!
- Analytics are super beneficial to implementing and updating monthly webinars
- The set up of a Webinar takes time
- System takes a minute to learn
- The presentation upload often times errors out on really big files
- If you are a company who regularly hosts webinars for EXTERNAL clients, this is the software for you.
- If you host webinars to pull qualified leads info, this is the software for you.
- If your company predominantly works with clients digitally (not in office/person), this software is for you.
Not Well Suited
- If your company does a lot of outside sales, I would not recommend this software.
- If the majority of your prospects are not digitally inclined, this software may not be for you.
- Ease of use on the presenter side. Never had a presenter that was confused on how to move through slides or anything.
- Data tracking and metrics. On24 provides you with specific data on the group as well as the individuals that attend your webinars, and how to best reach them. I still haven't been able to test out all the data features that On24 provides.
- Auto-generated e-mails. You can easily set them out to go out when you want, and can also easily edit the content.
- You cannot choose what fields are in the reporting. For instance, I would really love to include e-mail addresses in the report for one of my survey questions, but they don't seem to provide that option.
- On audience polls, I would love the font to be customized. Audience members usually complain that they cannot read the default text.
- Not sure how possible it is, but it would be great if the lag time could be cut down form when the presenter presents the content to when the audience receives it.
- Increase user experience by providing easy access to the platform via browser versus application download.
- Provide robust analytics to understand webinar performance and establish benchmarks for success at your organization.
- Increase brand awareness by providing fully customizable consoles with the ability to add various sections including speaker bios, related resources, call to actions, questionnaires, etc. that help businesses showcase their brand and value.
- Thorough knowledge center and extremely helpful support via Customer Success Managers, live support, emergency hotlines, etc.
- Must be careful when cloning events because everything copies over. I wish it was easier to save a template as a 'template' versus saving it as an upcoming webinar.
- Formatting when copying and pasting a webinar abstract/summary gets a bit wonky. Always have to reformat.
- Thought leadership webinars
- Lead generation webinars
- Product training for onboarding customers
- Internal webinars
- Simple to use for both presenters and Attendees
- Drive good engagement during webinars
- Excellent reporting tools to drive insights and KPIs
- Easily integrated into other 3rd party tolls like SalesForce
- Customer support is awesome
- Language support is somewhat limited.
- Ability to segment aggregated reporting could be better.
- My Webcast interface should have options on what to display.
- Lots of rich features (widgets) that allow for a customized webinar experience.
- Excellent reporting capabilities to help drive insights and KPIs.
- Not as robust as it could be for global deployments as language support is somewhat limited.
- Very stable webinar platform, little issue with technical problems during live webinar events.
- Simulive meetings are a huge time saver.
- Intuitive back end presentation manager.
- Better engagement analytics options.
- Integrated dial-in phone option for attendees.
- ON24 is easy to use.
- We're teaching users how to use all offerings with the training and cheat sheets available.
- Good response rate from reps.
- An intuitive platform.
- Not being able to switch from Simulive to Live: having to create a new webcast messes up registration if a partner decides to do a pre-record.
- The delay between the Producer platform vs. Live: often we don't see the glitch on the audience side, but the producer side will not move sometimes.
- Archiving faster.
- It's very easy to update templates for registration pages and customizing other elements of the webinar platform. I've trained many team members on the software, and they are able to learn it very quickly.
- It's easy to use analytics and downloadable reports for webinar metrics.
- ON24 had a great addition of the CTA widget to give attendees a next step following the webinar.
- When presenters want to connect audio through their computer (instead of calling in), I would like this to be a little easier and more seamless than it is now.
- I would like the reports to also show when On-Demand attendees actually viewed the recording vs when they registered.
- Have the pie chart showing registration sources include more than 4-5 colors, so it is clear which piece of the pie belongs to which source.
- Access for presenters has improved.
- Overall, the interface works well.
- Analytics are robust.
- Record function is very limiting. It needs to be more like a recorder, where you can pause, stop at a specific spot and re-record from there.
- It's all or nothing if you want to upload an audio file. I would like to upload an audio file and assign it to a specific slide. Can't do that now.
- When a presenter hits the stop record button, if they do it too quickly, after speaking, there is a potential the last word, or part of the word will be cut off.
It would be nice to have a folder system. Right now, it's just a continuous row of webcasts. We have 4 brands, and it would be nice to be able to have folders to segregate them. Also somewhere to add a title (by brand or advertiser) that is not viewable by anyone but us.
- It's easy to set up and implement.
- High quality outputs.
- Many of our presenters are from outside the company. ON24's interface makes it easy for even first time users.
- Most of our programs are simu-live or on-demand, removing the stress of launching a program. See the experience with Webex.
- The SalesForce.com interface is extremely unreliable. We have 9 support incidents with Scribe. Their support is very poor.
- We have no other recommendations for improvement.
- We never have technical troubles with ON24.
- Its user face is easy to use.
- The console offers everything we need it to offer.
- It is not easy for our members to access the speaker information. I think it should be more prominently displayed on the screen, who is speaking and their bio information.
- We have run the polling feature on a couple of programs and have had technical trouble when we ran it. Also, the polling is quite limited. It would be an interesting feature for interactive webcasts if the polling could offer more than yes/no questions.
- Video conference would be a nice feature to try.
- Strong user experience
- Detailed reporting to better evaluate event ROI
- Fantastic knowledge center and customer support
- Having VOIP instead of just phone dial in for presenters.
- More clear time zones for global events.
- Customer Support: No matter what option you choose (chat, submit a question to Technical Support, or contacting your rep) you receive an answer right away.
- Allowing customization of your console.
- The number of ways to engage with your audience: polls, surveys, call-to-action button, sharing with multiple tools, social media options.
- Training videos & documents: a Hub to go to for answers before contacting Technical Support.
- When creating a certificate, ability to change the font text and sizing for name and date.
- Full reporting on the registration source (not just per webinar).
- Flawless integration of audio and slides.
- User-friendly way to participate in webinars.
- Automated email reminders.
- Recording webinars for on-demand use.
- Add a whiteboard feature so the presenter can draw a diagram to explain the difficult concepts during the webinar.
- Ability to use the cursor during the webinar so the presenter can point to the items in the slide to bring the participants attention.
- A feature which would allow you to upload some special effects in PowerPoint slides.
- ON24 is a bit more expensive than other products out there - price reduction ideal.
NOT suited for any online training classes. No features are available for pre and post testing or for providing any breakaway session during the class.
Our Education Team uses ON24 globally to inform and train end users to our products and services. We are providing information sessions as well as functional trainings, making use of presentations, videos and screen sharing capabilities of the tool.
ON24 is also used by our Marketing team globally to provide informative and interactive sessions.
- Integrated experience for the audience, with image and sound all from computer and with options to interact.
- The Simu-Live capability of ON24 is allowing us to play pre-recorded sessions then move seamlessly to a live Q&A. This capability is saving us a lot of time and allows our activities to be scalable.
- The reporting is very complete an allows us to draw global conclusions.
- It seems to be using a lot of bandwidth for some of our users, resulting in a poor experience.
- Generally, there is a feel that ON24 was more designed for Marketing and Lead Generation. We would like to see it developing into more of a training and educational tool.
ON24 is well suited for hosting events with a large audience, in which the number of hosts is limited and the interaction with the audience not required per se. It is less appropriate in settings where you would expect more of a meeting, with interaction from all sides.
In other words, it is an event tool rather than a meeting tool.
- We use it as our platform for webinars.
- We use webinars as a lead generation asset.
- Reports from the dashboard are good.
- Video of the speaker embedded.
- When each speaker talks it pops up their name, it’s distracting ting and annoying.
- When running a Simulive webinar it can keep running as an attendee, but as a Q&A logged in person the slides just stop and won’t progress.
- Simulive is the most valuable feature. The ability to make an edited presentation then goto a live Q&A after. ON24 is one of the only webinar providers who offer it.
- The console and template creation is very easy and intuitive.
- The reliability of ON24 is great and we never have to worry about it going down mid-webinar.
- An easier way to use computer audio with your presenters.
- More interactive elements to the live webinar console.
- The ability to clone the look of a console from webinar to webinar.
- Easy to set up your own webcasts. We manage our set-up ourselves.
- Easy to use consoles - for presenters and viewers.
- The variety of things that can be included on the viewers consoles.
- In the Presenter Console - the Q&A function could be more user-friendly. It's hard to immediately use and also it's locked shape takes up space.
- In the Presenter Console - Team chat function can be hard to use and does not scroll easily, so it's hard to see previous conversations.
- In the Presenter Console, the glitch still exists where slides can move around sometimes in the set-up. You have to check before going live that they are still in the right place.
- Simu-Live: Allows us to re-use webinars and run webinars over different time zones.
- Audience Questions. It's simple to respond in real time through On24.
- Support: Chat support is excellent and always reply almost instantly.
- Reminder emails design is poor and they come from a do-not-reply.
Also, if you are doing a live Q&A, the presenter can easily view and manage questions in the back end of On24.
- Excellent webinar technology.
- Technological understanding of business requirements.
- Global presence.
- More business consultancy.
- Too American focussed and thus, the European part of the business seems not to have the capacity to respond to requirements without consulting the US.
- More proactivity needed in managing clients' business needs rather than just taking each webinar as a transaction.
- The platform is clean, sharp, attractive and professional looking. Much more that most platforms of its type.
- It is easy to use
- Customization is simple
- We have had minimal technical issues
- We LOVE the added features like the pulse check to create engagement
- On24 has a massive amount of resources for ideas and assistance
- Would like the reminders for Presenters/Hosts to be automatic like they are for attendees
- The Resource Widget is a favorite of mine, allowing me to add resources and/or websites for the audience to access during the presentation (or even during the OnDemand recorded version!)
- Online Chat Help. If I'm building a webinar or uploading a presentation and encounter an issue, the online chat is a lifesaver! I don't have to call, and worry about time zones or if anyone is available, because they always are!
- Metrics. All of the ways that ON24 tracks the audience, their engagement, and more is extremely helpful and useful.
- Screen sharing. It is very difficult to do, requiring multiple steps and we've never been able to get it to work because it requires so many things, we can't ensure that all audience members will be able to experience the screen share.
- Video. The video can't be embedded into the PowerPoint so it must be uploaded separately. The maximum size of the video is very small so typically (if I even get it to work) I first have to edit it to lessen the quality (which looks terrible) but will upload. It's also confusing when the speakers can't view the video as it plays to the audience.
- Having to refresh the browser is frustrating to users. When the screen freezes multiple times, the user typically gives up and waits for the OnDemand version. But when it happens for the speaker, it's disruptive to the entire audience and frankly embarrassing.
- Archive content. Having access to on-demand presentations allows us to continually promote important topics for our industry and keep it top of mind for potential customers.
- Simple Interface allows a low entry point for non-technical users.
- Difficult to implement GDPR compliance on the registration forms.
- The simple interface inhibits more advanced design/layout.
- Would like to see a more seamless experience/UI for the presenters/producers. It's a little clunky and not 100% intuitive.
- Analytics: a clear view of attendee dropout, engagement, etc.
- Consistency: never crashes or disappoints in any technical way.
- Sim Live: smooth transition
- Slide per slide recording: this can be very difficult to inexperienced speakers.
- Recording via phone: call center audio quality, we should be able to capture audio from our computers.
- Webcam recording: ideally we'd like to see the speaker.
- Polling questions during the program are great ways to keep viewers engaged. Their responses also tell us more about the audience.
- The measurement and stats available for a program are very helpful in understanding our viewership.
- Our viewers being able to ask questions in real-time during a program is helpful. It allows us to engage immediately with a lead.
- The front end set up for a new program is a little clunky. It would be good if it was more intuitive.
- The LinkedIn widget is no longer available, which is a big "miss" for our audience.
ON24 Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
ON24 believes that great webinars are the foundation of successful digital marketing.
According to the vendor, ON24 helps businesses offer engaging webinars that drive business results.
Key capabilities include:
- Ability to deliver an immersive, interactive, video-rich experience which collects and transmits a wide range of audience interaction measurements.
- Ability to integrate with leading CRM and marketing automation platforms, providing a rich data set of prospect signals to drive sales and marketing follow up.
- Ease of use
- An interactive and engaging on-demand experience
- Seamless on-demand, chapterization, editing tools, and content hosting
More than 1,200 global organizations, including SAP,
LinkedIn, Microsoft, Merck, EY, HubSpot, athenahealth, Macquarie, RSM, Marriott
and AdRoll rely on ON24.
ON24 Technical Details