Our membership team also uses the platform for our annual membership meetings to reach our large member audience.
- Advanced Technology - console is not clunky or boring
- Efficient Use of Staff Time - automated emails, ability to clone templates, surveys, and formats, allows me more time to work on the content, and less on set-up and outreach
- Fun - we have received several compliments from attendees who have said how much they enjoy the widget/apps we have at their disposal. Whether it's having access to the PDF version of the slide deck right away, or simply being able to customize the screen, attendees are staying on the platform longer and remaining engaged.
- There is still no integration from SalesForce into On24. I am wasting time manually uploading registrants from SalesForce into the On24 platform. Having this seamless registration process would greatly enhance On24.
- There are a few functions fellow On24 users have been requesting, and I back them completely: being able to organize webinars into folders (right now things are listed in one format), and the ability to edit videos from within.
- On24 has moved away from Adobe Flash, but Flash is still a fail-safe option if a users browser isn't up-to-date. We have consistently had attendees who have trouble viewing or hearing the webinar has a result of this technology discrepancy, a problem we rarely had with other webinar service providers
- Having a dial-in number would greatly enhance the audio quality of webinars! Many of our attendees request this function, especially since computer audio isn't always the most dependable. GoToWebinar has a dial-in, and they are a much less advance webinar service provider, so why can't on24 have one as well?
Scenarios where On24 doesn't fit - working groups, or if you want more of a Q&A/ Panel Discussion style webinar. Without having a dial-in number, attendees have to type in their questions, which makes a real discussion a bit one-sided. I know we would love to use this platform for our working groups, but we need to have that dialogue aspect to the meeting, and this platform just does not allow for it.
We are currently using On24 across our whole organization to promote upcoming live events, present timely content with our partners, and to promote major reports we run in our magazines.
Some of our audience really prefers to consume content in a way other than reading print on the web and in magazines and we've been trying to branch out into something more interactive. With On24 we've found a simple and convenient way to provide the large amount of content we produce to our users in another easily digestible format. Most notable, we publish large reports which can be filled with charts and figures covering 20+ pages and it is a lot to take in, but with the webinar format we can separate all of the data out by individual slides and then have our editorial teams talk about each data point individually which not only simplifies the users' experience but also opens another channel of communication with our audience.
Giving our audience the ability to ask questions about the content we are publishing in a live format and to respond to their questions really helps us to gain valuable feedback about what is the best way to present this data in the future and get more feedback and what they are looking to learn more about in real-time.
- On24 has an impressive screen sharing plugin that was one of the easiest to use based on feedback from a number of our partners. You simply click on screen share in their web interface, download the plugin, run it, and click screen share again and you are sharing your screen. You can re-size the screen share with a simple frame on your screen and broadcasting is as easy as clicking play and clicking stop when you are done.
- On24 has a very streamlined self-service process for creating webinars. It took me about an hour and a half to set up my first webinar and create a webinar template and now that we have refined that template and I've worked with the tool I can create the initial registration page in under 30 minutes and at times much faster if the webinar is similar to one we've done before.
- On24 has amazing support. Their online chat and support ticket system are always available and someone normally responds within minutes. They also have an emergency line that I have had to use two times and each time a person that was empowered to act and solve my problems answered and got everything figured out within minutes.
- On24 has been extremely reliable for us. We've done over 150 webinars and have not had any issues. With attendees, we rarely see more than 1% of users having any issues and most of the time it is something on their end (volume muted, headphones turned down or not plugged in, or just needing a browser refresh) and not with On24.
- I really don't have any areas that need improvement in regards to the On24 platform. Every time I find myself running into something that seems a bit complicated I can usually report the issue or by the time I've gotten annoyed with it they are issuing a update or change that fixes the problem. Really, they are constantly updating and improving their system and are a very innovative company.
- I think the one suggestion I made was making their registration forms more customizable, but this is extremely minor. You can change colors, adjust location of registration forms and text, change fonts/text size/text color, upload images, upload videos, and nearly anything to the registration pages, I just asked for a more graphic UI that would be more modular. Right now, however, I'm extremely happy with the level of customization.
We've noticed we have a lot more mobile users across all of our sites and the mobile version of the On24 platform for users is great. It loads quickly and is easy to interact with on my phone. If you have a lot of people that you work with who prefer to consume content on their mobile devices, On24 works extremely well and I normally recommend that users bring it up on their mobile if they don't have headphones or speakers to listen on their PC.
- ON24 is always innovating and coming up with new platform upgrades. They are always staying ahead of their competition
- They have a great platform that allows customization and widgets that allow registrants to find important resources, take polls, surveys and so much more. Being able to customize the platform for our different clients makes it a wonderful co-branding opportunity
- On-Demand has made it very easy for registrants to watch without time constraints and they still get the same user experience as someone watching live.
- The ability to easily generate an email that looks nice from the system to send out to clients without having to create something on our end
- A call in telephone option that doesn't cost extra is highly needed. It is something that is missing that people complain most about to our marketing department
- The platform is fairly easy to use. Creating a presentation is pretty templated and simple.
- The multi-registration pages are pretty good. Letting prospects register for multiple webinars at once is easy.
- The Q&A interface is solid. Easy for the prospect and easy for the presenters on the back end.
- The interface where prospects watch presentations needs some serious work. The elements aren't responsive and you can't create different layouts for different screen sizes. For example, the content that fits a laptop will look pretty small and poorly designed on a large monitor.
- The screen share/screen recording plugin is really glitchy. It's not compatible with Macs and some PCs that cannot even use it. Makes certain types of presentations a pain.
- The email and landing page editors are really poor. I end up writing the HTML myself.
- They are always listening to the end users' feedback on how to improve their platform. I love that they roll new features or enhancements out quarterly.
- Their main webinar console view is a little cumbersome. They list all webinars in a scrolling list and it's hard to sort which have been completed vs. those that are coming up. They are making enhancements to this and it will be better soon.
- It eliminates the barriers to entry that we experienced with our previous platform.
- We also love the analytics capabilities.
- The landing pages that are generated so easily/quickly.
- Integration with Pardot.
- With all the bells and whistles, it is not an easy tool to quickly get up and running.
- I wish we had the ability to enable audience audio for Q/A, especially for smaller or internal webinars.
- Integration with Pardot could be a bit better, we had to do a lot of manual things to make it work.
- Enable Pardot form on ON24 landing page.
- The console page is easily customizable which allows us to incorporate our own branding.
- Follow up and reminder emails can be easily set up.
- ON24 makes it extremely easy to create short videos from webinar recordings.
- Webinar event set up can be tedious and the formatting tools look very out-dated.
- The system can get glitchy if we mess with the uploaded slides too much.
- Easy for multiple presenters to control presentation navigation
- Seamless transition between moderator, speakers and panelists for multiple presenter webinars
- Recording links are created and automatically sent quickly
- Straight forward Resource List feature to add more value add to session attendees
- Limited local call-in numbers for international speakers. Significant gaps for major presentations in countries such as India.
- In multiple infrastructure environments (home, office, business grade) will still routinely experience 3 to 10 second lag between presenter and audience view. Longer when playing videos.
- No 1:1 chat feature (that I'm aware of) to send a message to individual attendees, unless they ask a question and your use Q&A function to respond.
- Cannot combine computer audio dial in and phone dial in. Normally I wouldn't choose to do this but with so many countries missing on the local dial-in number list, most of our speakers could use computer audio but we can't do this with a mixed speaker panel (some have local dial# access and some do not).
- For US based folks, not having a visual or audible indicator of the session being recorded (other than the color changing from green to red) means it doesn't mean the local regulatory requirement to announce or visually inform attendees when the session is being recorded.
- Really, really, really dislike there isn't a link or other audible indication when a speaker has joined. If you happen to have the conference bridge tab open you'll see a phone# appear, but you can't tell who join and routinely we're viewing the slides or working on other features to prep and don't have this screen open. Plus it seems to have a slight delay to refresh when a person joins the audio. If they happen to join the webinar platform link first, we have a heads up that they'll be joining audio soon. Many times they've been on the line for a while and we don't realize it or don't know which presenter is speaking (other platforms show the name and also a voice level icon so you can id who is speaking).
- Very dangerous (we learned the hard way) to have presenters enter with the same link as producers. If the speaker accidentally chooses producers role (or worse yet, a speaker gives an attendee/colleague the link to present) they can enter as a Producer and have full control to open and shutdown the session. Months of work down the tubes in seconds when a presenter's colleague joined and hit the LIVE session button, then realized it was a mistake and hit End Session. Need a separate login for Producers and to remove the start/end session functionality from Presenters or Q&A panelists.
- Access from mobile devices is unparalleled--it "just works".
- Though it does not interface directly with our CRM (Dynamics) the ON24 team has put significant effort into ensuring that we have integration using middleware.
- "Post-production" editing tools for fixing archived webcasts make cleaning up after problems much simpler than having to re-record sections, etc.
- Second level support is almost universally extremely helpful.
- The transition to HTML5 for desktop has not been entirely smooth, with browser compatibility issues still cropping up every once in a while.
- The PowerPoint conversion system is extremely opaque when it comes to errors or other issues. More clarity when uploads fail, etc., would be valuable.
- Browser-based nature of the system means that someone is going to have problems all the time--the immediate support options are not immediately clear to users, apparently (based on the questions they ask during events).
- Allow editing of videos, noise reduction, volume control, removing parts of the video, adding, & etc.
- We've had some issues with the Webinars - screen not shared and volume not working.
- I haven't really used it lately, but I do recall some issues with the user interface, searching, sorting videos, dashboard of information, & etc.
- The CDN is as stable as you can get. We have never seen an event fail due to ON24 tech.
- The customization from Registration to Event Console to post-event email is fantastic.
- ON24's service team is always immediately available with great advice and assistance whenever needed.
- Deletion of events can be difficult. Some events which might be created for platform training or for a very specific one-time event can get stuck in a state where they can't be deleted from the library.
- Adding data filtering on Reports would be great. Right now, everything has to be uniquely tagged otherwise it can be difficult to glean data from the aggregate reports. Having that functionality would be great.
- The customer service is EXCELLENT! Michael Withrow and Nicole Prairie make the experience personal and customized. And they are readily available.
- The console is great! I love having the option to add resources and customize it the way I want.
- Marketo integration is so helpful!
- The social share widget on the console needs some work. It does not pick up enough of the metadata and is not a great experience for sharing.
- Would like more customized options for the registration page headlines aside from 'Summary', 'Speakers', etc...
- Haven't used the HTML5 yet but hope it solves the issue my speakers that use a Mac have when they try to participate.
- Wish that the conference call/voice collaboration feature was better. Don't love that you can't have more than 10 people on the line and would love to be able to use it as a conference call/survey platform where all voices need to be heard.
- It would be great to add greater filtering with the Dashboard. I want to be able to select specific date/time range on the dashboard. I know you can do it in reporting...but I want the dashboard view with my specs and date range. Also - want more tags and be able to edit/sort reporting tags better.
- Would also like to have all the fields show on the analytics report excel export. Would ideally like the tags to be separated by columns.
- Would like if you can click one button to export ALL of the reporting data for each individual webinar. Right now I have to pull EACH section to export...one at a time. Too time consuming.
It is well suited if you have a message to convey to a certain audience and/or want to generate leads with a targeted list. Less appropriate to handle surveys.
- Reporting - tracking all unique URLs and on-demand attendees. Helps the client continuously monitor event after it ends.
- Polls - allows the audience to remain interactive and keeps the client happy with more lead generation.
- Videos - switches up the presentation and allows the speaker to engage the audience..really grabs their attention.
- Screen share - a bit slow, but I know it's based on the clients' connection most of the time.
- Exporting Excel documents. Make them in XLSX FORMAT!! I have to convert every single event's Excel reports, then convert them..it takes so much time.
- More unique interactive features for widgets.
- The presenter's dashboard is easy to use. The functionality is clear without having a lot of training - intuitive. There are not "bugs" that surprise you in the way it functions.
- I like the Q&A box for the presenters. You can easily see all the questions that come in, organize them in different folders if desired, and respond to the person asking the question or send it out to participants.
- The thumbnails for the slide deck make it easy to organize and re-organize the slide deck after it's been uploaded.
- The archiving system is valuable. You can easily customize your library of archived sessions and have it available for the public to access.
- I was not able to get music to play prior to the session starting so when participants logged in early and waited for the session to start - some were unsure if the audio was working.
- I had to retype in the questions and answer options for the evaluation for each webinar. I would like to have had the option of saving the eval as a template so I didn't need to retype it each time.
If you are hosting staff trainings - I think it would be effective for larger businesses with a staff of several hundred and up. Not small businesses with staffs of 100 or less.
- On24 has a very easy to use webinar setup and registration tool. It is very easy to get things established and to set up customer communications with the On24 tools. This is what I like most about the service.
- The presentation dashboard is easy to follow and connect to for those attending a webinar.
- The real-time reporting tools are great. I can see how many people are online at any particular moment of a live webinar and I can then download final stats within minutes of the webinar completing. This makes it easy for my team to followup on potential leads very quickly.
- Prior to a recent meeting with our On24 account team, I was having a period of time where the on-demand technical reps were not very skilled at answering some pretty direct and back questions. This was very frustrating--on one webinar I had to make an emergency call to our account manager to step in and help salvage the webinar. To be fair, in the past 6 months it seems that things have improved dramatically, which is good.
- Uploading and replacing of slides has caused duplicates to be created and has sometimes jumbled the order of the slides. Once I figured out how to move and block slides it was less of a problem. But it is still something I worry about.
- Lag-time between clicking on slides and when they appear to have changed in the presenter's window. On24 still seems to not have a good explanation or answer to this other than to tell the presenter to "keep presenting as if the slide has changed." This makes it very hard for the presenter.
- ON24 has exceptional customer service, but I especially recommend the chat platform. When I write in with a question or concern I am immediately helped, and most of the time I get a team member who knows me.
- ON24 offers many of its own webinars on various topics and they are especially helpful to understand product update releases.
- ON24's Customer Success Managers do a great job of regularly keeping in touch and making sure customers are always informed about any product changes, upcoming webinars and more.
- ON24 features extensive online documentation on how to use the product, and, initially, that was a bit overwhelming. It could probably be condensed.
- Training sessions initially would be best done onsite and for a longer period of time. We did a few hours online.
- I have sent in some functionality suggestions for future releases that ON24 could probably find.
- ON24's customer support is fantastic.
- The UX for participants is customizable and better than most webinar tools I've used.
- The turnaround time for getting on-demand content and analytics is great.
- We were pleased to see ON24 make the switch from flash to HTML.
- Branded platform
- Ability to post other documents and materials
- Flexibility with live, ONDemand, Simu-Live, Video
- Streaming based services so all of our customers can use it. No security issues
- Toll free dial-in that is not incredibly expensive
- Help desk is sometimes unable to solve easy problems
Recently (during live webinars) we've experienced some issues with webinars. I decided to start looking at other webinar platform vendors and let On24 know that we were reviewing other vendors. Our contract with On24 was going to be up 11/30 and I let them know 11/20. I was then informed that on 11/17 our contract auto-renewed for 12 months. There was a tiny line in our contract stating if we didn't notify them 30 days in advance of 11/17 that we would auto-renew for a year. We have been happy for the most part with On24 but I don't like being stuck with a vendor. With the rapid rate technology changes, I'd like to be able to explore other options. We have now given them notice we are leaving (a year in advance) and will not consider On24 once our contract is up. I don't feel like this was an honest business practice (to have a line in the contract like this). The auto-renew was never verbally discussed and we have very little contact with any customer service representative or account manager.
I work for a SaaS company and we would never force our customers to work with us. We clearly provide value and have built strong relationships with our customers so any customer of ours would have an account manager in contact with them on a regular basis. Our customers renew with us willingly based on the value we provide.
- Easy UI
- Customizable platform
- Live operator help if you pay to have someone help with the webinar can be useful when there are problems
- Account Manager - lots of turn over and I don't know who our account owner is
- Should not have an auto renew clause in your contract - provide value for a competitive price so people willingly renew
- Fully customizable console.
- Interactive polling questions and Q&A.
- Easy to use engagement score.
- Less switching of account managers.
- More responsive account managers.
- No charge or built-in fee for technical support.
- Platform is unique and user friendly.
- Ability to track activity during the webinar.
- On-demand feature is really well done.
- We literally experienced technical difficulties on every webinar.
- The customer support was absolutely awful. They showed zero empathy for the fact that our webinars were not running smoothly. Our presenters refused to work with us again because we could never get the technical issues resolved.
- The sales rep promised that it would integrate with Salesforce and other CRM but it never did. We were paying for a premium product but not getting the bells and whistles that were promised in their proposal.
ON24 is used across the organization from staff to volunteers. From creating short, 1-2 minute videos to longer 45+ minute webinars. We also use it to engage with our members who are viewing the videos/webinars. Additionally, it's used to assist the organization with our onboarding and training/development of volunteers.
- The Q/A widget. The ability to keep the Q/A widget open during the on-demand portion of a webinar is amazing.
- The ability to customize the theme (background image, add/remove widgets, etc.) for each webcast. This allows there to be a focused approach to the webcast delivery.
- The Presentation Manager. This allows the webcast producer to manage the webcast seamlessly.
- Reporting. It would be beneficial to know when a user has actually viewed a webcast verses when they register for the webcast.
- Audio bridge for participants to speak directly with presenters.
- Once a webcast is created, it would be nice to be able to change the delivery type of the webcast. For example, from on-demand to live.
- Capturing registrations and syncing with our marketing automation platform.
- Reporting - we are able to see lead sources to help determine promotional strategy.
- Not self sufficient - without having a tech from ON24 there are always day of issues with the technology that have a poor impact on our customer experience.
- Live demos - we are unable to demo our platform in a live or simu-live ON24 webcast.
- Video - we are unable to stream video which limits the type of presentations we can build.
- Their customer service is exceptional. They are continuously asking for feedback on how to better improve our working relationship and I feel like we have a true partnership with them.
- They want their customers to succeed and will go the extra mile to make sure that we deliver the best product we can.
- Their speed in turning around projects.
- We have run into a few issues in the integration area of our business where we are trying to keep our own website as the main website for our users but gather information from ON24 and have it merge with us. There have been some costly delays in trying to get all of that working properly.
ON24 Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
ON24 believes that great webinars are the foundation of successful digital marketing.
According to the vendor, ON24 helps businesses offer engaging webinars that drive business results.
Key capabilities include:
- Ability to deliver an immersive, interactive, video-rich experience which collects and transmits a wide range of audience interaction measurements.
- Ability to integrate with leading CRM and marketing automation platforms, providing a rich data set of prospect signals to drive sales and marketing follow up.
- Ease of use
- An interactive and engaging on-demand experience
- Seamless on-demand, chapterization, editing tools, and content hosting
More than 1,200 global organizations, including SAP,
LinkedIn, Microsoft, Merck, EY, HubSpot, athenahealth, Macquarie, RSM, Marriott
and AdRoll rely on ON24.
ON24 Technical Details