Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Data Integrator
Oracle Data Integrator is being used to move meta data from our repository that sits in SQL Server to the Hyperion Planning application. It is being utilized by our Finance department and it allows them to use the planning application efficiently to create budget and forecast information for the current year.
- Has many different source and destination connectors
- Manages workflow for data movement
- Many options in the data transformation toolbox
- Error handling is quite complicated
- Very cumbersome user interface
- Too much complexity makes easy jobs harder to maintain
- ODI has allowed us to move metadata more efficiently
- Our data movement process has been error free for quite some time
- Cost has been reduced thanks to bundled licensing with products like OBIEE
Oracle Data Integrator is a superior tool when dealing with Hyperion Planning and Essbase cubes and applications. The native connectors allow for easy data movement and transformations from one environment to the other. I do believe that Oracle Data Integrator is a very complex tool with a steep learning curve.
Oracle data integrator is best suited for Oracle Hyperion environments. When it comes to moving data to essbase and planning cubes, Oracle Data Integrator is the best tool for the job since the connectors are built in. SSIS for example is limited in this regard and could not accomplish the same task.