Oracle eBusiness Suite insight
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle eBusiness Suite
- In integration of external projects application with EBS
- Maintain the various work orders in the organization warehouses and detail the shift hours of the warehouse workers
- Oracle applications have helped in streamlining the SoW contract process of the service agreement
- Repository Contracts - Large data files if uploaded to database will clog the database tables. It would be better to have a mechanism to store large files outside the database.
- Services Procurement is not properly integrated to Projects and tasks. Heavy customization done in my experience to integrate projects & tasks with services procurement module while creating requisitions.
- XML Gateway is a module which does not support any new business standard namely Rosettanet for importing or exporting XML data. The only option is to opt for SOA-BPEL where there is a cost involved.
- Operational efficiency of our organization's P2P process has increased as the processes are streamlined by automating and integrating various business processes.
- Overall cost has reduced in terms of manual labor and effort involved in accomplishing the organizational needs like services and item procurement.
- Oracle eBusiness Suite does not have out-of-the-box solutions for all the business needs and hence we had to customize the existing suite to cater to the current business requirements involving additional cost and effort.
Oracle and Java groups have helped in finding existing best practices that we can implement, if any customization is required to the existing business or a configuration has to be done which may have an out-of-the-box or bolt-on required.Oracle user groups also throws us ideas on building architecture based on the business and technological trends catering the industrial vertical as well as the technology.
Large business and global presence suits eBusiness Suite implementation. For Small businesses eBusiness Suite will be overkill. Also, when the system changes are too frequent like in the eCommerce business or portal management with frequent changes, eBusiness Suite is not the right fit.
In environments where different departments have different logical and physical locations and operations, eBusiness Suite is the best fit.