Great solution for data visualization with robust functionality
March 11, 2019
Great solution for data visualization with robust functionality
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle IT Analytics Cloud Service
We use Oracle IT Analytics Cloud as a data visualization tool for our Oracle environment especially in conjunction with Oracle Peoplesoft Campus Solutions. This gives us a 360 view of how our system and the data within the system is doing. With this, our leadership can make informed decisions that better serve our institution. We also use it to inform different departments about how their students are doing and what pain points they may be experiencing. Scheduled reports are also emailed to certain department heads to analyze the data in a way that can benefit their department and the department's students.
- Ability to aggregate a lot of data sets in a single place, allowing for better visualization of key information. Ability to customize the data views and export to PDF/Excel is great. Love the simplicity of creating dashboards and the intuitiveness, as well as the fast turn-around of projects. Customization of the views is essential for us because every user wants to different view because they consume data differently. This makes our users consume their data effectively.
- Great self-service analytics solution with an excellent presentation layer. Easy to generate reports, integrate and customize. The interface is very clear and minimalist which is refreshing. It enables you to pull and analyze data faster than many of the other platforms. The ability to drill down is phenomenal...there are layers to everything and it's amazing to realize how deep Oracle can let you go.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and the ability to create intuitive, easy to understand reports. The best feature is its user-friendly and intuitive GUI which I use daily to pull my data from the Oracle database. Oracle Cloud Analytics doesn't have many steps to complete the setup on the cloud and in no time dashboards and reports are made available to users that want to them.
- Ability to integrate and pull data from other Oracle applications -Mobile data reporting capabilities to always stay in-the-know related to data and critical applications reporting. Ability to build a portal on top of the Analytics Cloud to create a custom, unique experience for our clients.
- There's a pretty steep learning curve that needs to be overcome in order to properly deploy this tool. So, unless you're a seasoned IT administrator, you may have a fair amount of homework to do. Implementation and maintenance of this takes a bucket of consulting hours from outside consultants to come in and set up the tool and regularly maintain it, in the long run, this could be costly.
- The dashboard is not as easy to set up as I would like, however, after setup it will serve your purpose in the best possible way. You may not be able to find out how some data related to another and you can create a report that you think has all the details you need, but it comes up blank because the data really is not connected.
- There aren't enough self-learning materials available like tutorials and how-to videos. I would like to have access to more e-tutorials from inside the tool. A steep learning curve for most. It would be nice to have a robust learning portal within the application where users can access self-learning material directly from the application and step to spet guides on how to perform different tasks.
- Does not provide the ease of adding additional data sources without lots of complications. Even though it can handle large data sets, rendering of reports can take a fairly long time if the parameter set is large. For some time it seems like processing takes a bit of time when large data sets are being used. This is not the case with other competing tools.
- The product usage and the application implementation has been a success, and now our users can easily view information about their department and students from one central location instead of trying to copy data into an Excel spreadsheet and making calculations with complex formulas to try and get meaningful information. This has reduced the time taken to present information to our users.
- The data is easy to upload to be used and the process is safe and secure. This keeps us in compliance and has helped us in reassuring our users and students that their information is secure and will not be leaked to unauthorized personnel. Having all the data in one place allows us to make sure everything is secure and has easily made us manage security access for specific users without giving them access to all data.
- Oracle IT Analytics Cloud Service has made our BI team more efficient and more responsive with requests from faculty, staff, and executives when asked to create a dashboard or produce ad-hoc reports, especially at short notice. Because of this, they are able to quickly provide our users and leadership with the information they may need urgently to make decisions.
Oracle Analytics Cloud is an enterprise solution and can't be compared apple-to-apple with a data visualization tool like Tableau. This is not the same use at all. Before selecting Oracle Analytics Cloud, it is most important to consider the data you are looking to collect and how you plan to visualize it. Other tools like Tableau and microstrategy feel smoother to work with, have better UI's and are quicker when processing data. It is also important to think through how you will use the data across your organizations. Can have a steep learning curve but once you are well trained on this tool, the possibilities are endless. The tool is highly customizable and will generate what you design it to generate. If you are having issues with reports and analytics, it is most likely due to data quality issues. Oracle Analytics Cloud also benefits by adding Essbase in it, to perform multi-dimensional analytics.
Ideal for a complex organization with requirements to build very complex reports. Especially useful for organizations that already have numerous Oracle products and need to pull information from them. This tool works best when plugged in with other Oracle tools and databases. If you're a larger company, and/or if you're managing a lot of data, Oracle IT Analytics Cloud Service is the perfect tool to manage your Oracle deployment. It provides a number of different options for intelligent analysis while not being too overwhelming to manage. Companies that want a robust tool to manage all data and present it in a visually appealing way to users will greatly benefit from this tool. The tool is very customizable and can be tailored to meet the needs of different users.