Overall Satisfaction with osTicket
osTicket is being used as the ticketing management tool, for customer and internal activities to be accomplished by each member of the company or department.
- Merging duplicated tickets that are related to the same topic
- Ticket view permissions
- Ticket follow up via customer portal
- Ticket activity resumed dashboard
- Language package should permit also the translation of the templates
- It should not require the user to enter his details when creating a new ticket. This should be filled automatically
- Improve the layout of the ticket messages to facilitate reading and interpretation.
- There is an enhancement in the communication with customers
- No more expenses on a paid ticketing tool
- Improvements in the Internal activities
Do you think osTicket delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with osTicket's feature set?
Did osTicket live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of osTicket go as expected?
Would you buy osTicket again?
It is well suited for scenarios where you want to manage both tickets from customers or users and internal activities of the company or department, without spending much money on a paid ticketing tool, because osTicket is free and does well the ticketing management job. It would not be well suited in a big size company where customers should use the portal to open and follow up tickets, because although it has good features, the UI makes it feels like it's unfinished.
osTicket Feature Ratings
10 - All functional areas of the company
10 - All company staff
- Customer ticketing management
- Internal task management
- Company staff management
- Internet staff management as they can be registered there.
- Contact details database
- Not sure
It does well what I was looking for on a ticketing tool
Evaluating osTicket and Competitors
Yes - OTRS
- Product Features
It's free and does all the features I need for managing the tickets
Grant all prerequisites are met, before installing to avoid any issue during the installation
- Implemented in-house
Change management was minimal
- Installing the required packages for osTicket to work
- Failure on installing some packages
- Initial configuration after installation
I do not use the direct support from vendor.
No, I use osTicket for free
No, I do not use the support from vendor as I use it for free
I am familiar with osTicket and this allow me to teach all the staff and support them whenever they have any concern regarding the usability and following processes.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Assigning a ticket to a person or department
- Creating a ticket
- Managing user profile definitions
- There might be some issues on the installation
- Edit some templates
- Users and group permissions
Yes - Works very well